Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-30

huzz456 Wrote:Unfortunately that hasn't helped, still doing the same thing?

I notice though that although it instantly relaunches xbmc into the rom collection browser if I then exit the browser it relaunches xbmc again to go back to main menu, not sure if that info is usefull?
Never heard of this. Not sure if there has something changed with executing batch scripts on Windows 8. I have no Windows 8 system here to test this. Maybe if you don't find another solution an autoit script could help to get around this issue. Although I don't know if autoit works on Windows 8.

pgjensen Wrote:If sleep settings are enabled in XBMC, it will put the computer to sleep while RCB has an emulator launched. Is there a way to fix the service to disable that while an emulator is launched?
No idea. Would have to check this. But I guess this won't be a prio 1 issue to look after, sorry.

skippy39us Wrote:Alright...I gave it a try - and its still not working.

Here's whats happening:

I edit the rom collection, and I select solo mode.
(I chmod +x the applaunch.sh) script

I go to launch the game.

XBMC goes away, and then seems to come back almost immediately, but this time, there's a black rectangle on portion of the the screen.

I thought that this rectangle was the emulator misbehaving. But i was wrong.

turns out that the black rectangle is ANOTHER instance of XBMC. A ps -ef yields another XBMC running. I kill that process, and I'm returned to the xbmc that was running originally.

Essentially, the first XBMC isn't exiting at all. Is this a common problem?

Why does this happen?

Is there more to running in solo mode than what I've described?
Strange. I never heard of this and the steps you made for solo mode seem to be complete. Can you try to launch XBMC from a command window and test this again? Maybe you see some error messages writeen to the command window while trying.

n1md4 Wrote:malte, if I could take a snippet of your time? Can you browse over to this thread of mine:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153458

and comment if this is possible.
It will be possible with future releases of RCB. Atm RCB does not store these information in its database, so I can't provide them with the widget. But this will be done with a "major" database redesign, so it won't happen too soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - wagnumpi - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 16:20)huzz456 Wrote:
huzz456 Wrote:Im running windows 8 with Frodo RC3 and when I try and launch a game in solo mode it quits xbmc launches the game but also restarts xbmc straight away rather than waiting for the games to be closed. I cant seem to find any mention of anyone else having this problem. I put a timeout 3 in at the top and added "explorer" on the bottom line to fix the Capplication error which worked. I have the rom collection browser service running.

My applaunch.bat looks like this:
Try it with this one:
Code:
timeout 3
REM Is XBMC running?
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
REM sleep
REM Launch app
%*
REM sleep 1
REM Done?
REM Restart XBMC
EXPLORER "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Unfortunately that hasn't helped, still doing the same thing?

I notice though that although it instantly relaunches xbmc into the rom collection browser if I then exit the browser it relaunches xbmc again to go back to main menu, not sure if that info is usefull?

Hi, im having exactly the same problem but actually running on Windows 7. I just replaced the code in the applaunch.bat file (users/rob/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser) with the above and hasnt helped either unfortunately. Really want to use Rom collection browser but having to revert back to advanced launcher due to this issue which is a real shame. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks,
Rob

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-01-31

delete

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - skippy39us - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 14:42)malte Wrote:
huzz456 Wrote:Unfortunately that hasn't helped, still doing the same thing?

Never heard of this. Not sure if there has something changed with executing batch scripts on Windows 8. I have no Windows 8 system here to test this. Maybe if you don't find another solution an autoit script could help to get around this issue. Although I don't know if autoit works on Windows 8.

pgjensen Wrote:If sleep settings are enabled in XBMC, it will put the computer to sleep while RCB has an emulator launched. Is there a way to fix the service to disable that while an emulator is launched?
No idea. Would have to check this. But I guess this won't be a prio 1 issue to look after, sorry.

skippy39us Wrote:Alright...I gave it a try - and its still not working.

Here's whats happening:

I edit the rom collection, and I select solo mode.
(I chmod +x the applaunch.sh) script

I go to launch the game.

XBMC goes away, and then seems to come back almost immediately, but this time, there's a black rectangle on portion of the the screen.

I thought that this rectangle was the emulator misbehaving. But i was wrong.

turns out that the black rectangle is ANOTHER instance of XBMC. A ps -ef yields another XBMC running. I kill that process, and I'm returned to the xbmc that was running originally.

Essentially, the first XBMC isn't exiting at all. Is this a common problem?

Why does this happen?

Is there more to running in solo mode than what I've described?
Strange. I never heard of this and the steps you made for solo mode seem to be complete. Can you try to launch XBMC from a command window and test this again? Maybe you see some error messages writeen to the command window while trying.

n1md4 Wrote:malte, if I could take a snippet of your time? Can you browse over to this thread of mine:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153458

and comment if this is possible.
It will be possible with future releases of RCB. Atm RCB does not store these information in its database, so I can't provide them with the widget. But this will be done with a "major" database redesign, so it won't happen too soon.

So it turns out that I was running this is while XBMC was in standalone mode. The applaunch.sh script doesn't appear to handle that very well. So instead I chose a lightweight window manager (fluxbox) and have it launch XBMC upon login. From there, RCB can launch games in SOLO mode.

However, I have another issue. The problem has to do with performance of the emulators in question - ONLY WHEN RUN IN SOLO MODE. It turns out that If I run mess (in this example) and I feed it a sega genesis rom (for example), performance starts out ok, but then degrades after a few minutes. Sure enough mess is using 100% of the CPU by this point. Once I kill it, xbmc starts back up again, and CPU performance goes down to normal.

The problem is, this ONLY happens when I've launched the emulator, FROM SOLO MODE, from within RCB. Lets say that I kill xbmc. So now the only thing running, really, is the window manager (fluxbox.) If I launch the emulator the SAME WAY that RCB runs it, but _without_ RCB/XBMC in the way, performance is fantastic on the emulator.

So I know its not that my machine can't run the emulator. It only happens when I launch it with RCB in SOLO mode.

What could the difference be?

More help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-31

wagnumpi Wrote:Hi, im having exactly the same problem but actually running on Windows 7. I just replaced the code in the applaunch.bat file (users/rob/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser) with the above and hasnt helped either unfortunately. Really want to use Rom collection browser but having to revert back to advanced launcher due to this issue which is a real shame. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
@huzz456, wagnumpi: Did you use the original applaunch.bat script that comes with RCB or did you modify it in any way?

skippy39us Wrote:However, I have another issue. The problem has to do with performance of the emulators in question - ONLY WHEN RUN IN SOLO MODE. It turns out that If I run mess (in this example) and I feed it a sega genesis rom (for example), performance starts out ok, but then degrades after a few minutes. Sure enough mess is using 100% of the CPU by this point. Once I kill it, xbmc starts back up again, and CPU performance goes down to normal.

The problem is, this ONLY happens when I've launched the emulator, FROM SOLO MODE, from within RCB. Lets say that I kill xbmc. So now the only thing running, really, is the window manager (fluxbox.) If I launch the emulator the SAME WAY that RCB runs it, but _without_ RCB/XBMC in the way, performance is fantastic on the emulator.

So I know its not that my machine can't run the emulator. It only happens when I launch it with RCB in SOLO mode.

What could the difference be?
Puh, why can't these things never be easySmile

To be honest I have no idea. This is the exact reason why I added solo mode: to have the emulator running with better performance than with XBMC running side by side. Can you reproduce the same behaviour with other emulators? And, can you check what processes may consume power while the emulator is running?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-01-31

Hello Malte,

Let's talk libretro and RCB.

What is currently possible? What are you interested in?
Is it possible to release a version of RCB that won't need emulators (like in your youtube movie)?
I'm really curious ...

Cheers,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - MachoRico - 2013-02-01

Hey Guys,

i'm use xbmc now a month of two on a fujitsu q900 what i use as media center. Everything is amazing.. but one nasting thing i can get it working and that is the rcb

it looks like i have the same problem as skippy39us, huzz and some others. When i launch a game the game starts and after a few seconds the game disappear and the xbmc pompt up. I tried to install the rcb on the laptop and there it works fine. Could it be somethinf with drivers??Huh because i did the same installation on my laptop as on my q900 media center.

I also a have receiver between the q900 and the tv.

I hope someone here have the solution.. Rolleyes
'
The OS is win7

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-02-01

st graveyard Wrote:Let's talk libretro and RCB.

What is currently possible?
With garbears xbmc branch it is currently possible to launch games with builtin libretro cores from RCB. Just as you can see it in the video. This is already implemented in RCB and available via SVN. It will also be available in next RCB versions as "hidden" feature. Means that you have to add one line to your config.xml to activate it. There won't be any GUI options until libretro will be really integrated in XBMCs main branch.

BUT all this is very basic atm.
1. Garbears branch is forked from an early Frodo alpha version (September 2012) and won't work with most current skins and addons anymore. I guess some day somebody will come up with a branch that is merged with Frodo stable or new master but in the meantime this is just a dedicated testing playground.
EDIT: garbear has already done it. Current branch is rebased on stable Frodo.
2. As far as I can tell from current testing and reading through the source code there is only support for 2 or 3 libretro cores (GBA and SNES have been the only ones I got working).
EDIT: This info is wrong. You should already be able to launch every system that is supported by libretro.
3. There are some audio issues.
4. From RCB it is not possible to launch games in zip files. For some reason RCBs "unpack zip"-option only works for the first game that should be launched. I did not yet test this in detail and unzipping the games manually before importing them worked well.
EDIT: In current version of garbears branch auto-extracting zip files by RCB is also working now.
5. I guess a lot more little hickups may pop up when testing is done more intensively.

st graveyard Wrote:What are you interested in?
Of course I would like to get as much out of it as possible. A lot of things should be available out of the box without me changing anything in RCB. More advanced features that may be added one day like savaestate handling or netplay will be a bit harder to integrate I guess. Maybe it will be impossible to integrate them at all. As already stated in the other thread, we should not forget that the libretro integration will be made for an internal game database that may be added to XBMC one day. That it is also working together with our current python addons is a nice side effect that I am enjoying right now. But I would not expect that there will be much effort to make it compatible if it is not as easy as now. But I also think that it may be too early to assume anything.

st graveyard Wrote:Is it possible to release a version of RCB that won't need emulators (like in your youtube movie)?
Yes and no. There will be a config switch one day if you want to use the internal or external emulator. But it will not be possible to remove external emulators at all. There are still a lot of emulators that are not available as libretro core and there also may be some compatibilty issues that certain games can't be played with libretro. So there will also be the need to have an option to launch external emulators.

All in all, you read a lot of "one day", "some day" and "maybe" here. Keep in mind that all this is just in the beginning and we will have to wait (patientlySmile) what the guys will bring up in the future. My own C++ skills (if any) are far too limited to be of any help at this task. So I also can just sit back and try to integrate in RCB what pops out from time to time.

MachoRico Wrote:it looks like i have the same problem as skippy39us, huzz and some others. When i launch a game the game starts and after a few seconds the game disappear and the xbmc pompt up. I tried to install the rcb on the laptop and there it works fine. Could it be somethinf with drivers?? because i did the same installation on my laptop as on my q900 media center.
Can you be a bit more specific what happens exactly? Is the emulator running the game and then stops? Or can the emu not load the game and stops because of that? Or is the emulator still running when XBMC pops up? Are you using solo mode or not?

It will also help to see a log file after you tried to launch a game. As there are several issues like this are popping up right now it is important for me to gather as much information as possible. I can't reproduce any of this on one of my machines.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - MachoRico - 2013-02-01

Hi Malte,

Can you be a bit more specific what happens exactly? Is the emulator running the game and then stops? Or can the emu not load the game and stops because of that? Or is the emulator still running when XBMC pops up? Are you using solo mode or not?

first you see the game starting and then xbmc pops up and the game disappears in the background. ON that moment XBMC is in the front and the emulator is still running on the backgrounf. You can hear the music of the game on the background. When i switch with alt+tab the game is in the front but the disappears in a few seconds to the background.

10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: useEmuSolo: False
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: usePopen: False
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: autoplayVideoMain: True
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: autoplayVideoInfo: True
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: useFoldernameAsGamename: False
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: maxFolderDepth: 99
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: doNotExtractZipFiles: False
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: diskPrefix: _Disk
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: local nfo
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper descFilePerGame: True
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: thegamesdb.net
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: giantbomb.com
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: mobygames.com
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: archive.vg
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Scraper Site: maws.mameworld.info
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin cacheItems
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End cacheItems
10:23:47 T:2008 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
10:23:47 T:2008 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:23:47 T:2008 ERROR: Control 500 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin onInit
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin loadViewState
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showConsoles
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: begin showFilterControl: 500
10:23:47 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showConsoles
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGenre
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Selected Console: 0
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: begin showFilterControl: 600
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGenre
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showYear
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: begin showFilterControl: 700
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showYear
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showPublisher
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: begin showFilterControl: 800
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showPublisher
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showCharacterFilter
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showCharacterFilter
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGames
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: helper.buildLikeStatement
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: showGames: load games from db in 1 ms
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: showGames: load 7 games to list in 0 ms
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGames
10:23:48 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End loadViewState
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End onInit
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 4
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
10:23:49 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
10:23:50 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 4
10:23:51 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
10:23:51 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
10:23:52 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 4
10:23:52 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
10:23:52 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 1048
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'C:\\Users\\MEDIA\\Downloads\\test_snes9.43-win32-2\\roms\\Super Mario World (U) [!].smc',)]
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: C:\Users\MEDIA\Downloads\test_snes9.43-win32-2\snes9x.exe
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: "%ROM%"
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: C:\Users\MEDIA\Downloads\test_snes9.43-win32-2\roms\Super Mario World (U) [!].smc
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No precmd created.
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No postcmd created.
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: call "C:\Users\MEDIA\Downloads\test_snes9.43-win32-2\snes9x.exe" "C:\Users\MEDIA\Downloads\test_snes9.43-win32-2\roms\Super Mario World (U) [!].smc"
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd: call
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd: call
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1280x720 @ 59.94 - Full Screen
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
10:24:03 T:2676 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
10:24:03 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
10:24:04 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: Saving settings
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: stop all
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
10:24:27 T:2008 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
10:24:28 T:2008 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
10:24:28 T:2008 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...
10:24:28 T:212 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
10:24:28 T:2008 NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
10:24:28 T:2008 NOTICE: clean cached files!
10:24:28 T:2008 NOTICE: unload skin
10:24:28 T:2008 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
10:24:28 T:2008 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:24:28 T:2008 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture rcb-button-focus.png
10:24:28 T:2008 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture rcb-button-nofocus.png
10:24:28 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done
10:24:28 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 107
10:24:28 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 2
10:24:29 T:2676 ERROR: EXCEPTION: access_voilation
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: RCB_ERROR: unhandled Error in onAction: access_voilation
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 1
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 4
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 4
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: ListSize == 0 in showGameInfo
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 10
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: exit
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: ListSize == 0 in saveViewState
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: close Connection
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 92
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: exit
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: ListSize == 0 in saveViewState
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: close Connection
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 107
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Full Screen mode
10:24:29 T:2676 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launcher.launchEmu
10:24:29 T:2676 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu
10:24:33 T:2008 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
10:24:33 T:1460 NOTICE: StorageServer-2.5.0 Closed down
10:24:33 T:2008 NOTICE: stop python
10:24:33 T:2676 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::ReleaseTexture: Unable to release texture rcb-button-focus.png
10:24:33 T:2676 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::ReleaseTexture: Unable to release texture rcb-button-nofocus.png
10:24:33 T:2676 WARNING: Previous line repeats 18 times.
10:24:33 T:2676 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: PlayList
10:24:33 T:1468 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Window,Player,Monitor
10:24:33 T:2008 NOTICE: stopped
10:24:33 T:2008 NOTICE: destroy
10:24:33 T:2008 NOTICE: closing down remote control service
10:24:34 T:2008 NOTICE: unload sections
10:24:34 T:2008 NOTICE: destroy

[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - huzz456 - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 19:06)malte Wrote: [quote=wagnumpi]
Hi, im having exactly the same problem but actually running on Windows 7. I just replaced the code in the applaunch.bat file (users/rob/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser) with the above and hasnt helped either unfortunately. Really want to use Rom collection browser but having to revert back to advanced launcher due to this issue which is a real shame. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

The only thing I changed was to put the timeout 3 in to stop the capplication error but to make sure ill re download it when I get back later on and see what behaviour I get with it in its original state

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - aur0n - 2013-02-01

I'm going to format my PC, is there any way to backup my current settings, so that I can import them later?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ghostelement - 2013-02-02

Hey Malte, just wanted to give you a heads up. Not sure when the last time you looked at our API documentation for thegamesdb was, but we've made some changes. We have some new API calls and some new art types you might be interested in (clearlogos). We also have thumbnailing for posters now.

Check out all the info here: http://wiki.thegamesdb.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-02-02

Thanks for all the info Malte. I think it is best to wait then a little longer ... exciting times ahead for sure ...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - skypichat - 2013-02-03

hello, I have a little problem with Project64.exe and XBMC
To close Project64 I use ALF+F4 but this keyboard command kill XBMC in same time
How to close Project64.exe without crash XBMC ?

I have this in the CMD window
Code:
C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM Is XBMC running?

C:\Program Files\XBMC>taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
Opération réussie : le processus "XBMC.exe" de PID 2284 a été arrêté.

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM Wait for the kill

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM sleep

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM Launch app

C:\Program Files\XBMC>"D:\MeediOS\Emulateurs jeux\Project64k\Project64.exe" D:\M
eediOS\Emulateurs jeux\Project64k\Roms\Mario Kart 64.v64

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too fast, and on some hardware i
f there is still a millisecond of sound being used, XBMC starts witout sound and
some emulators say there is a problem with the sound hardware. If so, remove co
mment:

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM sleep 1

C:\Program Files\XBMC>REM Done? Restart XBMC

C:\Program Files\XBMC>"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

NOTE: with Snes.exe XMBC goes in windowed mode

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-02-04

Hey all... I am about to embark on getting RCB on my main XBMC. I built a MAME cocktail arcade machine way back in 1998 (you can check it out here: http://www.dondi.net/cocktail.htm - Did a major refresh in 2000 when I stumbled upon 3darcade front-end which breathed new life into my machine; 3DO, Amiga, Colecovision, Visual Pinball, NES, SNES, Fruit machines, N64, Daphne, Atari, yada, yada, & more. Haven't touched ROMs, rom sets, EMUs, DATs and the like, in several years, so I am currently in the process of refreshing my ROM sets, reading tons of forums (including this one) in preparation for getting primarily MAME and the console EMUs on my XBMC. Probably looking at; MAME, 3DO, Sega MS, Genesis, NES, SNES and N64. I have a Microsoft XBOX360 Wireless controller for Windows as my controller and figured I would make a pre-emptive post regarding getting these EMUs & their ROM sets working on my machine.

Is there a master listing, page on the wiki or sticky thread of current suggested Emulators, emulator versions & suggested configs. Also, ROM sets come in all flavors (i.e., TOSEC, No-Inro, Good Sets); does this matter for use with RCB, as it looks like RCB can parse the ROMs from the .7Z, .zip or native filetype, and pass it on to the emulator?

If there isn't a page with suggested EMUs, ROM sets and the like, then maybe someone could answer directly with tips/suggestions/recommended commandline switches, etc that I may need. I plan on using the following EMUs for use with RCB.

3DO - 4DO v1.3.2.1
ROMs - Trurip - Panasonic 3DO Interactive Multiplayer (2013-01-12)
These CD images are in .ZIP with .ccd, .img and .sub files inside Media folder. Does RCB need a virtual disc mounter to mount these images?

N64 - Project64
ROMs - GoodN64_V3.11

MAME - I gather from the wiki that the commandline-only version is needed (MAME64 0.148) and don't use (MAMEUI64 0.148)?

NES - Nestopia?

SNES - Higen or Snes9x

Sega Genesis - Kega Fusion

I plan on starting with those for now as I am currently refreshing my ROM sets on these. WIth these in mind, any tips on settings, "gotchas", commandline switches, controller settings etc. would be great.