Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 09:42)malte Wrote:
Dondi Wrote:I assume I pump that into the Disk Indicator param in RCB (please chime-in if you know what exactly I should enter into that Disk Indicator field for both 3DO and eSPXe)??
In both your scenarios the disk indicator in RCB should be "\(Disc .*\)" (without ""). But I guess it may not work as you expect it. RCB should just provide you a list of possible discs and you can select which one you want to launch. This one will be extracted to the tmp dir. Launching more than one disc is possible if the emulator supports it. (Win)UAE is the only one that I know of, no idea if 4DO can do the same. In this case you will need some more "logic" in your emu params like explained here.

I never tested the multi disc scenario in combination with several discs inside a zip file. So, I could imagine there will be some issues with it. Swapping discs while you are playing a game will also be not possible as the next disc is still zipped and the emu can't access it. I am afraid all the multi disc and zip extraction code needs some serious rework.

I guess you confirmed my suspicions. I figured that the other disks would be orphaned once RCB launches into the emulator.

On another note, I found a curious post over at the Adv. Launcher forum here. Someone posted about an app called Rom-Jacket that suggests that it can auto-configure over 70 systems, including joysticks, art, bioses, etc. It cited being compatible with (and has settings for) RCB. Has anyone ever heard of this or used it? The dude who posted, had only posted twice, so I am a bit curious.

Here's the description from the Rom-Jacket homepage:

A RoM-Library Management & Auto-Configuration Tool
RoM-Jacket effectively bridges the gap between your roms, emulators, their bioses, frontends and your joysticks.

What it does:
• Generates and configures joystick profiles and a rom-launcher for every rom.
• Save-files, quick-saves, snapshots, metadata, artwork, videosnaps and emulator-settings are stored with each rom.
• Installs and Auto-Configures:
Emulators and any required dependecies/libraries.
Joystick drivers and profiles
Hyperspin
Windows Media Center Plugins: Media Browser plugin & Gamebrowser for MediaBrowser
Cabrio-FE
XBMC plugins: Advanced Launcher & Rom Collection Browser.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 10:24)Dondi Wrote:
Dondi Wrote:I assume I pump that into the Disk Indicator param in RCB (please chime-in if you know what exactly I should enter into that Disk Indicator field for both 3DO and eSPXe)??
In both your scenarios the disk indicator in RCB should be "\(Disc .*\)" (without ""). But I guess it may not work as you expect it. RCB should just provide you a list of possible discs and you can select which one you want to launch. This one will be extracted to the tmp dir. Launching more than one disc is possible if the emulator supports it. (Win)UAE is the only one that I know of, no idea if 4DO can do the same. In this case you will need some more "logic" in your emu params like explained here.

I never tested the multi disc scenario in combination with several discs inside a zip file. So, I could imagine there will be some issues with it. Swapping discs while you are playing a game will also be not possible as the next disc is still zipped and the emu can't access it. I am afraid all the multi disc and zip extraction code needs some serious rework.

I guess you confirmed my suspicions. I figured that the other disks would be orphaned once RCB launches into the emulator.

On another note...

Dondi, When auto-conffiguring RCB, Rom-Jacket turns off the archive extraction feature. Please don't hesitate to let me know about any issues you have, but understand it is still in beta. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - salzwer - 2013-03-09

Slipass Wrote:How can i start the games in fullscreen and close the app with the controller?
If you want to do it with your controller you will need an additional application like Event Ghost that can map your button presses. But I never used it myself.

salzwer Wrote:Looking for clues, I decided to launch with terminal and then saw that...

sh: \/usr\/bin\/gens: not found
sh: \/home\/xbmc\/zsnes: not found
Did you try to disable Escape Emulator cmd?

It seemed to be that, ty! Rofl

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-03-09

hey malte! that weird issue when rcb ends up completely blank happened today, first time in months, did you ever find what the cause was?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - miraja6 - 2013-03-10

did anyone get the video trailers to play yet with the roms so far i found out that you have to have cirrus extended v3 as your skin for xbmc period i managed to get one trailer running for one rom that has no artwork all the other trailers wont show an they all have artwork

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-10

Hey malte. I may be overlooking something in my settings, maybe you can point me in the right direction or let me know if what I am trying to do is not possible in RCB.

Is it possible to have RCB remember the view settings on a per-platform basis?

I find that I like to view certain platforms in different view modes based on their boxfront art orientation; either landscape (i.e., N64, SNES) or portrait (i.e., 3DO, Atari 2600, Genesis, etc.).

I usually manually change the view settings when filtering to a particular platform and I like to use the SHOWCASE or LANDSCAPE view to navigate to a game to play. After launching & playing a game and then exiting back into RCB, the UI view defaults back to LIST view. Is there a way for RCB to remember the last UI VIEW setting or remember a user-defined setting per platform?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gizmotoy - 2013-03-11

I'm struggling getting RCB working with Frodo. If I just launch the emulator using the standard parameters (%ROM%), I get no sound. I think XBMC is keeping the audio device busy.

So if I set it to use Solo mode, I can get sound out of emulators. I had to modify the batch file solo mode uses by adding "explorer" to the launch line as described in the FAQ.

However, when XBMC relaunches, none of the items under Programs will launch, including RCB. I have to exit XBMC manually and then relaunch it in order to access RCB again.

Any suggestions on what to try would be appreciated. I think I'm stuck.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 01:28)gizmotoy Wrote: I'm struggling getting RCB working with Frodo. If I just launch the emulator using the standard parameters (%ROM%), I get no sound. I think XBMC is keeping the audio device busy.

So if I set it to use Solo mode, I can get sound out of emulators. I had to modify the batch file solo mode uses by adding "explorer" to the launch line as described in the FAQ.

However, when XBMC relaunches, none of the items under Programs will launch, including RCB. I have to exit XBMC manually and then relaunch it in order to access RCB again.

Any suggestions on what to try would be appreciated. I think I'm stuck.

I had sound issues too, until I "fixed" it yesterday on my Alienware X-51, Win 8 machine. It has an NVidia GeForce 660 which I am using HDMI video and audio out to my home theatre. There were driver updates recently for both video & audio. Since then, I would lose audio in XBMC overall. I also re-updated my DirectX with the end-user web updater. I could get audio back by cycling through the XBMC audio system settings, back to my original selection of NVidia direct input HDMI. Odd & annoying... This weekend I started porting all my ROM set platforms over from my test machine to the X51. I had audio working n XBMC, but when I launched a game, there was no sound from the emulator. After rooting around in the EMU settings, I then checked my OS system audio - my machine was using 3 audio devices, of which, I was only using the HDMI. I disabled the updated RealTek device as well as the third digital audio device. Once I did that, all worked. Everything had worked fine before the updates to the drivers, but disabling the extra audio devices seemed to have solved my issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-03-11

e2zippo Wrote:hey malte! that weird issue when rcb ends up completely blank happened today, first time in months, did you ever find what the cause was?
Sorry, no. Still happens frequently on my system too.

miraja6 Wrote:did anyone get the video trailers to play yet with the roms so far i found out that you have to have cirrus extended v3 as your skin for xbmc period i managed to get one trailer running for one rom that has no artwork all the other trailers wont show an they all have artwork
I think there are no skin files available for RCB in Cirrus. The info may be valid for Advanced Launcher but not RCB.

Please show me a log after you tried to import videos. Maybe I can see why it does not work for you.

Dondi Wrote:I usually manually change the view settings when filtering to a particular platform and I like to use the SHOWCASE or LANDSCAPE view to navigate to a game to play. After launching & playing a game and then exiting back into RCB, the UI view defaults back to LIST view. Is there a way for RCB to remember the last UI VIEW setting or remember a user-defined setting per platform?
Usually RCB should save the current viewstate everytime it launches a game or does anything else that may cause loosing the viewstate. But it is not stored on a per platform basis. I will add this to my list.

gizmotoy Wrote:However, when XBMC relaunches, none of the items under Programs will launch, including RCB. I have to exit XBMC manually and then relaunch it in order to access RCB again.
Never noticed this. Can you show me log file after you had this problem? Maybe both: xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-11

Dondi Wrote:I usually manually change the view settings when filtering to a particular platform and I like to use the SHOWCASE or LANDSCAPE view to navigate to a game to play. After launching & playing a game and then exiting back into RCB, the UI view defaults back to LIST view. Is there a way for RCB to remember the last UI VIEW setting or remember a user-defined setting per platform?

Usually RCB should save the current viewstate everytime it launches a game or does anything else that may cause loosing the viewstate. But it is not stored on a per platform basis. I will add this to my list.

I haven't experienced the behavior you cited... When I return from a game (regardless of platform), RCB usually defaults to the NES ROM set in LIST view most of the time. Kind of annoying, especially if I was just trying to play a bunch of 3DO games.... I exit the current 3DO game, and RCB starts loading NES games in the main UI. Then I need to go back to the platform I was just playing around in and load the platform back in the UI. I am not seeing persistent STATE memorization across sessions

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-03-12

I guess you already are on latest 2.0.3? Then this is a bug. It should work as described above. Can you show me (once moreSmile) a log after you launched a game and it comes back to the old viewstate? Maybe this time enable debug logging in RCB.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-12

Yes, I'm on 2.0.3. Here is my log

I started XBMC debug mode, started RCB, navigated around, set the view mode (non-list view), played a game and RCB remembered the GUI state upon returning the first time; the GUI SAVE STATE is intermittent.

I then selected a different platform, navigated around, played a game and when I returned, the GUI went back to list view with 3DO as the platform loaded into the main GUI. It seems that it'll default to the 3DO set now. I have added a bunch of consoles since my last post where RCB was defaulting to NES in list view.

Thanks malte!!

Ooops, just re-read your post.... I didn't enable DEBUG in RCB. Let me know if you want me to re-do with RCB debug enabled. Sorry about that :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Dondi - 2013-03-12

malte, here is a new log with RCB in DEBUG

Same behavior. Opened RCB, defaulted to 3DO in list mode. I changed the view to SHOWCASE. Navigated to Playstation (the column for PUBLISHER is blank for Playstation ??), navigated around, selected a game, played it, escaped out of the game and RCB defaulted to 3DO in list view. Also, XBMC was in window mode after escaping the EMU.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-03-12

You are right. Looks like its loading the viewstate after launching the game but doesn't save it before. Will fix this in next release. Thanks for reporting.

Per platform viewstate will be added to my list.

Thanks malte, YOU ROCK!!!