Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-12

Marcoqwerty Wrote:how switch the view mode...lol i don't find any button at the bottom of CONFLUENCE skin...and i tryed all the keyboard shortcut!
See here.

Marcoqwerty Wrote:i've tryed to load my 8000 roms but the list was alway empty only if i scraping the info online i see some result....but scrape 8000 roms was impossible to do in one life....lol
I don't fully understand what you did and what is working and what is not.

Did you use the MAME offline descriptions?
Does it import the games? You should at least see that it downloads artwork and that your MyGames.db will grow.
When you think it did import the games and it still does not show anything try to change the filter settings.

Marcoqwerty Wrote:EDIT possible solution....
http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.p...bmc-frodo/
This was fixed some time ago. So not necessary to apply this workaround.

VinitAdhopia Wrote:I'm new to RCB. I have 2 rom collections, NES and SNES. I was able to add my NES ROMs as a collection without issue. However, when I try adding my SNES collection, when it asks to browse to the emulator executable, the only path option available is my videos folder.
I don't know why this happens but it can be solved with adding the path to your emulators and roms via XBMCs file manager before you start the RCB wizard.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-04-12

hey!

Apparently I have to run solo mode now, all my emulators started getting slow when XBMC was running, never had that problem before, weird :/

Anyway, I can't get solo mode to relaunch XBMC, I get this error.

https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D6085304_75609697_624525

I tried searching the thread and found something from 2011 regarding a vbscript, is that still the current workaround and how do I use it?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-12

This is now included in RCB. You can enable it in Addon Settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 09:07)malte Wrote: This is now included in RCB. You can enable it in Addon Settings.

I just found it, I thought it was supposed to be in the game menu "launch game" Smile

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Sveen - 2013-04-12

Hm, can't seem to get snes9x 1.53 to launch the games on one of my PCs. My other emulators work fine (jnes and PJ64 2.0) and launch the games, and on my other PC the same snes9x emulator works just fine.
If I run games without XBMC/RCB it works fine. Anyone have any idea hot to fix it?

I am running win7, XBMC 12.1 and RCB 2.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Xbmcsloth - 2013-04-12

Hello

I'm new to rcb and have yet to get it to launch on my apple tv 1st gen. I'm running xbmc frodo. I have been trying different combinations of emulators / roms / and settings I've read here on the forums. I can get my roms imported into rcb but when I try to launch, I get the similar error others have where the screen will black out and the x appears and it goes back to xbmc.

Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11443

Thanks in advance for any help here!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jebathan - 2013-04-13

I'm running RCB 2.0.5 and everything works great except for selecting disks at launch. It is correctly identify games with multiple disks and listing the correct number of disks when I launch a game. However, no matter what disk I choose to launch, it always launches disk 1.

Is this a known issue or did I setup something wrong? Is there any sort of fix or work around if it isn't just me. I found a multiple disk fix about 100 pages back in this thread, but I haven't had a chance to try it and it seems a little old.

Fantastic plugin otherwise.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dylanh724 - 2013-04-13

Hi,

I am using Raspberry Pi with OpenElec XBMC.

I am trying to run zsnes or snes9x via the launcher for my snes games using rom collection browser/launcher.

I browsed to the executable and SHOULD seem to work .... the screen shrinks and slightly turns black for a second as if it's launching, then just goes back to normal. Snes9x and zsnes not working!

Please assist Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-13

Sveen Wrote:Hm, can't seem to get snes9x 1.53 to launch the games on one of my PCs.
If I run games without XBMC/RCB it works fine. Anyone have any idea hot to fix it?
Check this topic in the FAQ and see if it helps (I just added this 2 mins ago, so don't wonder why you haven't found it - and feel ashamed if you haven't triedSmile).

Xbmcsloth Wrote:I'm new to rcb and have yet to get it to launch on my apple tv 1st gen. I'm running xbmc frodo. I have been trying different combinations of emulators / roms / and settings I've read here on the forums. I can get my roms imported into rcb but when I try to launch, I get the similar error others have where the screen will black out and the x appears and it goes back to xbmc.
Same as above. Try to launch the command line outside RCB.

jebathan Wrote:I'm running RCB 2.0.5 and everything works great except for selecting disks at launch. It is correctly identify games with multiple disks and listing the correct number of disks when I launch a game. However, no matter what disk I choose to launch, it always launches disk 1.
Can you show me a log file of this behaviour?

dylanh724 Wrote:I am using Raspberry Pi with OpenElec XBMC.

I browsed to the executable and SHOULD seem to work .... the screen shrinks and slightly turns black for a second as if it's launching, then just goes back to normal. Snes9x and zsnes not working!
AFAIK nobody has been successful with getting this to work on the RPi yet. I already bought one myself but had no time to start testing it. If anybody finds out how to launch games on the RPi please let me know.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jebathan - 2013-04-13

Here is my log. XBMC debug log on and RCB logs set to Debug.

http://pastebin.com/c6xFHkbD

I'm trying to launch Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes with the Dolphin emulator. When I select the game in RCB the disk select window just shows two listings, both labeled _disk. I selected the second one and it launched disk1.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-13

New test version available: 2.0.6

List of changes:

General
  • update language files from Transifex (thanks to all translators!)
  • fixed typo in Edit Rom Collection dialog

Import Games
  • try to scrape games with original name first (including (...) and [...])

Launch Games
  • bugfix: check if delay parameters are available

Main change is to include the language files from Transifex. RCB is now available in Greek, Portuguese and Portuguese (Brazil). Thanks to all translators! If you want to help out with completing other languages please have a look at RCB on Transifex.

Another change is that RCB will now try to scrape games with the original rom name first (may include strings like (2008), (USA) or [v1.0]). If no game is found it will try again without these strings. This will help to grab the correct information for games that have different releases like "Tomb Raider (1996)" and "Tomb Raider (2013)" if the scraped site supports this. It also may be the first step to include a feature that Not Sure is waiting for (but I still can't promise when the next step can be done).

Previous version: 2.0.5

@jebathan: I guess you have to try it with this Disk indicator: "\(Disk .*\)" (without "").

(2013-04-13, 15:36)malte Wrote: @jebathan: I guess you have to try it with this Disk indicator: "\(Disk .*\)" (without "").

Thanks for the help. I ended up having to set the Disk indicator to "_Disk*." for files ending in _Disk#.iso
That showed the different disk numbers in the disk selection and launched the emulator with the proper disk.
"\(Disk*.\)" worked for me also when naming disks (Disk#).iso

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dylanh724 - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-13, 12:08)malte Wrote:
Sveen Wrote:Hm, can't seem to get snes9x 1.53 to launch the games on one of my PCs.
Check this topic in the FAQ and see if it helps (I just added this 2 mins ago, so don't wonder why you haven't found it - and feel ashamed if you haven't triedSmile).

Xbmcsloth Wrote:I'm new to rcb and have yet to get it to launch on my apple tv 1st gen. I'm running xbmc frodo. I have been trying different combinations of emulators / roms / and settings I've read here on the forums. I can get my roms imported into rcb but when I try to launch, I get the similar error others have where the screen will black out and the x appears and it goes back to xbmc.
Same as above. Try to launch the command line outside RCB.

jebathan Wrote:I'm running RCB 2.0.5 and everything works great except for selecting disks at launch. It is correctly identify games with multiple disks and listing the correct number of disks when I launch a game. However, no matter what disk I choose to launch, it always launches disk 1.
Can you show me a log file of this behaviour?

dylanh724 Wrote:I am using Raspberry Pi with OpenElec XBMC.

AFAIK nobody has been successful with getting this to work on the RPi yet. I already bought one myself but had no time to start testing it. If anybody finds out how to launch games on the RPi please let me know.

If there's a modified openelec ROM that launches them and similar lightweight ones without apt get can do it I wonder why pi can't? Gotta be a way

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dylanh724 - 2013-04-14

there's gotta be a way to make them work on rpi ... i mean other distros can support it, why not this one

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-14

jebathan Wrote:Thanks for the help. I ended up having to set the Disk indicator to "_Disk*." for files ending in _Disk#.iso
That showed the different disk numbers in the disk selection and launched the emulator with the proper disk.
"\(Disk*.\)" worked for me also when naming disks (Disk#).iso
Of course, you are right. Good that you sorted it out.

dylanh724 Wrote:there's gotta be a way to make them work on rpi ... i mean other distros can support it, why not this one
Yes, I am sure that it must be possible. But atm every user is reporting the same: XBMC is minimized to the upper left corner and then maximized again without launching the emulator. The emulators (retroarch for example) are working fine outside of XBMC/RCB.

Maybe there is something that I can do in RCBs code to make it work (that would be the easiest way), maybe something in XBMCs/Openelecs or the emulators config needs to be changed or (and that could be the worst case) something has to be changed in Openelecs code base.

My current time plan is to get current RCB release (2.0.6 or a bugfixed 2.0.7) in the official repo as soon as possible and then have a look at Android and RPi support. But as said above, it might happen that I am not able to solve this issue myself and have to ask others to have a look into this issue.