Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 08:55)st graveyard Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 03:17)NewYears1978 Wrote: One thing I am trying to figure out is how to include multiple revisoins of the same game. No intro sets all have like Rev 1 or Rev a and all that...but RCB only takes one of them and it's usually not the one you would want (the latest revision). I went through manually deleting the regular games that had revisions but that was a huge pain. I wonder if there's a solution to that..

I just remembered you had already seen my pics a few pages back Wink

Looks like a really nice set up.

NewYear, I have the solution to your problem, but forgot the name. I have the program documented at home. I will let you know when I'm back from work.

Malte, if you are reading this, I would really appreciate it if you have a look at the scraping issue. The offline scraping is an ok solution but the txt file do not always contain all games from the rom sets.

Cheers,
Grave

Okay great will look forward to that..last night I actually manually went through my SNES and deleted all the Revisions and stuff..I kept only the latest Revision, removed beta ones. But it took hours..and doing that for each collection..going to take awhile. The end result was nice though...but still..if there's a better way I'm game.

If there are missing games in the gamedesc.txt files you could add them manually..although if there are tons missing that would be quite tedius. I forgot that games nto in the txt are ignored so I will have to go back and look and see which ones were missed...

Man I will never get this all set up Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-14

Newyears,

Look "goodmerge" up in google. I don't have much experience with it, but there should be tutorials and hints online. This program will merge all the different versions of a game from a set into 1 zip file. When you run this zip from RCB you can choose which version you want to start. Should be a perfect solution.
Another option is (like I do), download the official Hyperspin DAT files and create a new set (all western games, no asian) from your no-intro set.You can use CLRMPRO to create a new set. here is the tutorial http://easyemu.mameworld.info/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

If you don't manage to do this, get back to me and I'll see what I can do.

Hope this helps,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-14

Ah that is good, good solution thanks Smile

This is all taking me so long. I am using only 3 artwork types, movie preview, fanart (my custom background) and cartridges (for boxart image)..

The issue is that most of the sets people have done different things, some remove the revision roms, some keep only the latest, etc. So my image sets I download often have missing or misnamed files I have to manually go through and first delete stuff I don't want (Foreign for instance) then I have been deleting multiple roms (keeping latest revision only.....your solution would have savedme time here lol). Then because the images I download are sometimes named wrong I have to check all three arts to match filenames..this is tedious..literally took me two nights to finish the SNES collection...and now on to the next..

So much work and so many rom sets left..I use emumovies and hyperspin art packs and such but for some reason they are not always named right..you have 20-30 files in each that are misnamed or something..

So much work.

Anyways thanks for your above solution Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-06-14

clrmame download page isnt there, its a buy this domain page

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-14

not overhere : http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/download.htm

Ignore all this. I solved it switching back to the 1.6 graphics driver in project 64.

Anybody out there who knows how to autostart N64 roms in RCB with emulator 1964? What is the command? "%ROM%" doesn't seem to work.

Are there people out here who know how to solve the 'blue screen of death' screen issue with project 64? I'm always getting blue screen problems and auto reboot in WIN7. I used to have this as well on my retro pc (an AMD with a radeon 9800 pro GPU). Any hints are welcome. Else I would like to use 1964, but I can't get it to start automatically with a rom from XBMC...

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-06-15

im getting a configuration error when trying to open rcb now. noooo!!!!!!!!!!

i jsut sent in debug log, but im not recieving an email to post here. i also didnt get the ticket number

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Angelscry - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-14, 20:09)st graveyard Wrote: not overhere : http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/download.htm

Ignore all this. I solved it switching back to the 1.6 graphics driver in project 64.

Anybody out there who knows how to autostart N64 roms in RCB with emulator 1964? What is the command? "%ROM%" doesn't seem to work.

Are there people out here who know how to solve the 'blue screen of death' screen issue with project 64? I'm always getting blue screen problems and auto reboot in WIN7. I used to have this as well on my retro pc (an AMD with a radeon 9800 pro GPU). Any hints are welcome. Else I would like to use 1964, but I can't get it to start automatically with a rom from XBMC...

Thanks.
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=1964#Windows

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-06-15

ok, so somehow my mame configuration has gotten into rcb configuration where if i take out the mameui, it screws up rcb configuration where i cant even start rcb.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-16

(2013-06-15, 15:30)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 20:09)st graveyard Wrote: not overhere : http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/download.htm

Thanks.
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=1964#Windows

Hi Angel,

I love your wiki, I use it all the time (for RCB and AL), however, for 1964, the command did not work for me. Anyway, thanks for the respons, using project 64 now and all is solved ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - corpgator - 2013-06-16

There's definitely something wrong with how RCB handles thegamesdb.net scraper. It will not download artwork from there unless it is in interactive mode. Otherwise it will only download .nfo's.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-17

Scraping is really broken I cannot get it to work. I was using Gamedec files but they are incomplete...and not available for some consoles..and for N64 it doesn't work at all.

Using online scrapers the years will be missing, and artwork will be downloaded, but you can't go back and replace the artwork. Rescraping artwork locally doesn't work..it always ignores anything you do..getting very frustrated.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - corpgator - 2013-06-18

If you add artwork yourself and they have the exact same name as the rom, just set scrapers to local artwork, none, none, and it will pick them up. They have to be in the right folders, though, and those folders have to be added to the collection.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-06-18

Ok, I am back again and I will have a look into the scraping issue in the next days. I just made a quick test and for me it scraped and showed the year correct with mobygames and thegamsdb. It also downloaded all artwork. But there seems to be an issue to display the downloaded artwork. I will have to test all this more in detail. Can anybody show me a log of a scraping process where it did not scrape year and artwork correctly?

I will also go through the thread and try to answer all unanswered questions of the last weeks. But this may take a while. Thanks for your patience Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-18

Malte,

Thank you.

I will try and sent you a log this week. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the scraper in the last repo version of RCB as I have heard this from numerous RCB fans in the last days. Too me, the only thing that seems broken is the info scraper (year/publisher).

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-18, 11:55)st graveyard Wrote: Malte,

Thank you.

I will try and sent you a log this week. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the scraper in the last repo version of RCB as I have heard this from numerous RCB fans in the last days. Too me, the only thing that seems broken is the info scraper (year/publisher).

Cheers.

Ditto, same issue as you. Year and Publisher doesn't scrape. You knew that but just confirming for Malte.

@malte, thanks for all your hard and dedicated work, I know often when you create something (for free mind you) people moan and complain about issues but often never actually thank you. So thank you, love RCB!