Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - arbrandes - 2013-08-07

(2013-08-07, 01:22)phs989 Wrote: Is there any way to increase the size of the games on the screen

You have to configure each emulator individually. For mednafen, for instance, you have to edit $HOME/.mednagen/mednafen.cfg and set your proper full screen resolution (which will depend on your tv or monitor's resolution). Other emulators may be configurable through graphical interfaces.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-08-07

(2013-08-07, 04:15)arbrandes Wrote: You have to configure each emulator individually. For mednafen, for instance, you have to edit $HOME/.mednagen/mednafen.cfg and set your proper full screen resolution (which will depend on your tv or monitor's resolution). Other emulators may be configurable through graphical interfaces.

Thanks for this. Assuming i can edit this on windows - via notepad or the like - and then ftp back to xbmcbuntu and this will work. Nothing seems editable via the xbmcbuntu dashboard and i dont understand Linux enough to edit within its interface.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-07

You need to enable video.fs via a command line switch.

http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/mednafen.html

Take a look through that, there's loads of other options in there too, such as output resolution, upscaling and stretch. I find its easier to edit the RCB config file via ssh/sftp and a text editor, once you get optimal settings for one system copy and paste them over to the new system.

EDIT: use notepad++ not notepad to edit.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-08-07

(2013-08-07, 04:23)teeedubb Wrote: You need to enable video.fs via a command line switch.

http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/mednafen.html

Take a look through that, there's loads of other options in there too, such as output resolution, upscaling and stretch. I find its easier to edit the RCB config file via ssh/sftp and a text editor, once you get optimal settings for one system copy and paste them over to the new system.

EDIT: use notepad++ not notepad to edit.

I dont understand how to enable video.fs via a command line... can you expand on this and when i do what would that benefit?

If its easier to edit the RCB config file are you saying that i can edit that externally and then sftp and it will apply for all emulators as that sounds far easier if thats an easy fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-07

In the file userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/config.xml add the options you want for that system to emulatorParams eg:

Code:
<RomCollection id="25" name="Game Boy Advance">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>C:\emulation\emulators\mednafen\mednafen.exe</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>-gba.special nny2x -gba.pixshader scale2x -gba.stretch 1 -gba.xres 1920 -gba.yres 1080 -glvsync 1 -fs 1 "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>E:\emulation\roms\gameboyadvance\*.zip</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />

Its for windows but emulatorParams is whats important. I guess its no different to editing the mednafen config file, just a matter of personal preference. You need to do this for each emulator entry in the config file, but copying and pasting then using search and replace makes this easy - and far easier than configuring another emulator.

This is great looks clear to me. Thanks and i will give this a shot.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - arbrandes - 2013-08-07

(I have a question of my own, now! Smile

Is there a way to map a key to "Add Game to Favorites"? It is somewhat painful to have to use the context menu for this.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-08-08

Not yet. But I added this to my list.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-08-09

Im having a problem with scraping. It gets stuck everytime, then when i try to cancel, that stays stuck. any help on this one? its with gameboy color roms

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-08-09

Please, toki5. Again and again and again. How should I know what is happening on your system if you don't provide any log files?

If you just don't know how to do this, it is explained here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Skipp2k - 2013-08-09

Hi all

I know that this was asked a few posts back by toki5 and its regarding getting Daphne running in RCB. I have created bat files for each game and using the mame offline method I can get the games to scrap but I can not get these to run.

Now i have tried malte advise by deleting the contents of the emulator in config.xml and it still does not work. I also tried Uukrul advise to enter the new code in launcher.py so that it can run bat files but this just gives me a script error when running RCB so I had to change it back.

Now toki5 said he managed to get it working but did not mention how he did it, so can anyone help.

Also I don't know how to get the log files so if anyone can let me know how to get RCB log files.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2013-08-09

This tool will freeze and minimize xbmc, execute the batch file, and then when when the batch file exits, it will unfreeeze and restore xbmc.
Works with windows media center, hyperspin and cabrio-fe also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/413403/BatchScriptLauncher.zip
Source included.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-08-14

Hi...2 things... not related at all.

1. I have installed Mupen64 Plus on xbmcbuntu and had confirmation this worked effectively... but when i try to load any Nintendo 64 ROMs using Mupen64 Plus i cannot get it to work. I have installed various other emulators for other platforms and all work correctly and load... any assistance?

2. With the emulators i have loaded and that do work i am finding that the controller i am using is not working or some buttons dont naturally work... can anyone advise on how i configure the controllers for each platform and emulator?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-08-14

So muppen works fine launching a rom from the command line? What happens when you try to launch a n64 rom?

What controller? install jstest-gtk to test out your controller.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-14, 08:40)teeedubb Wrote: So muppen works fine launching a rom from the command line? What happens when you try to launch a n64 rom?

What controller? install jstest-gtk to test out your controller.

When i try to launch a ROM from RCB it simply fails... ive tried various n64 roms that i have. Im not aware how to launch a rom from the command line.

the controller i have is simply a SNES style USB controller. How do i install, run and use the jstest-gtk?