Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-09-03

CLI switch is command line switch, which are options for programs run from the command line, in this case emulatorParams are the switches/option.

The tv supports 1920x1080 resolution yeah? Does VGA support fullhd? Try setting xres to 1280 and yres to 720

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phs989 - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-03, 09:34)teeedubb Wrote: CLI switch is command line switch, which are options for programs run from the command line, in this case emulatorParams are the switches/option.

The tv supports 1920x1080 resolution yeah? Does VGA support fullhd? Try setting xres to 1280 and yres to 720

Thanks for the clarification just to be 100% does the following need to be placed in the emulatorParams line command

<emulatorParams>-gba.xres 1280 -gba.yres 720 -fs 1 "%ROM%" </emulatorParams>

Is this the setup?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-09-03

Yes. I would use the resolution that xbmc uses since that works, but that should work.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - buymeapc - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-02, 20:22)buymeapc Wrote: Is there a way to run RCB so that it can go to a specific rom collection? Like, if I want to go to my SNES collection.

I'm looking to add individual shortcuts to my home screen that point to each collection (IE: SNES, NES, Genesis, etc.)

Does anyone know how to do this? Huh

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-09-11

Gah, I had my MAME rom collection configured to my liking, and out of nowhere I'm now experiencing an issue!

When launching a MAME rom via RCB, a message flashes in the black window that the rom is missing required files to run, and I'm then brought back to RCB. However, I'm able to launch any rom via the MAME frontend without a hitch.

All of the roms/Chd are in the same directory, the inipath is specified in the launch cmd, and the MAME.ini points to the correct directories

Any help would be much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-09-11

Is the ROM directory within the mame directory? I could never get ROMs in a folder other than the mame folder to work, even if it was specified in the mame.INI file. I ended up using a junction link and everything works fine now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-09-12

(2013-09-11, 15:12)teeedubb Wrote: Is the ROM directory within the mame directory? I could never get ROMs in a folder other than the mame folder to work, even if it was specified in the mame.INI file. I ended up using a junction link and everything works fine now.

Yep, the roms are in the default MAME directory. Everything was running great for while, not sure what caused this issue to suddenly present itself...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-12

Any other changes? New MAME version, new RCB version, etc?

Did you try to run the command that RCB creates from command line?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-09-13

I think the only change since I last used MAME via RCB, when it was working flawlessly, is I've upgraded to Frodo. Same MAME, same RCB, same launch cmd, etc etc.

I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-13

buymeapc Wrote:Is there a way to run RCB so that it can go to a specific rom collection? Like, if I want to go to my SNES collection.

I'm looking to add individual shortcuts to my home screen that point to each collection (IE: SNES, NES, Genesis, etc.)
Sorry, not possible in current release of RCB. Maybe this could be a feature in release 3.x.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - buymeapc - 2013-09-13

Darn. That stinks.

Thank you for your reply!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nappyjim - 2013-09-15

Forgive me if this was asked already but can I have RCB grab rom's off a network share? And if so, how?

I running openelec (linux) and have my shares on a windows computer. When I setup the config file and it asks me where my roms are located, I can only choose a local folder.

I was reading something about creating "links" in linux, but I cant seem to even get a link created. I have WinSCP and putty at my disposal.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2013-09-15

Hi malte,

A couple days ago MobyGames changed their web page layout and with that the scrapper its no longer working. Any chance of an updated version of RCB soon ?

Thanks for your job.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-15

nappyjim Wrote:Forgive me if this was asked already but can I have RCB grab rom's off a network share? And if so, how?

I running openelec (linux) and have my shares on a windows computer. When I setup the config file and it asks me where my roms are located, I can only choose a local folder.

I was reading something about creating "links" in linux, but I cant seem to even get a link created. I have WinSCP and putty at my disposal.
Usually this should work out of the box. Maybe you have to add your network shares as sources in XBMCs file manager to access them in RCBs file dialogs.

Maleficium Wrote:Hi malte,

A couple days ago MobyGames changed their web page layout and with that the scrapper its no longer working. Any chance of an updated version of RCB soon ?
Depends on your definition of soon Smile

I already started to work on it but it may take some days until it is finished. I also thought about holding back some days and see if they change back to the old design or do bigger changes to the new one. The feedback in the forum does not seem to be very positive.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2013-09-16

Thanks, I can wait the time you need hehehe

If they change to the old design maybe you could check some of the issues in the current scraper, some already reported and another I found recently:
- Do data its imported if some fields are empty in MG database (usually the developer field for old computer games)
- The known problems with some ASCII (most of the French, German, Japanese, etc titles have problems importing or launching the games. In consoles most of the titles are in English but my "passion" are the old 8bits and 16bits computers, sorry Smile)
- Recently I found that no snaps are imported (in MG scaper), only titles in the snaps folder.

Once again, great work Smile