Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-09-26

From memory kega fusion remembers what state it was closed in, so exit kega gracefully (probably ESC or alt +f4) when its in full screen mode and it open that way the next time.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-26

lord_wicked Wrote:can you please look after my post in the XBMCNERDS Forum?
Will do. See you over thereSmile

JoeKeeno Wrote:I can get my emulator to run from XBMC - It's Fusion the Genesis one...

Can I get this to run in full screen automatically?
I think you can add "-fullscreen" to your emu params.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - -89- - 2013-09-28

I'm curious if any of you have multiple displays to worry about? Basically, I have a 3 monitor setup with my 2 monitors for my computer, and then a long cable running to my living room HDTV for XBMC. Works great, except when it comes to emulators. Nothing wants to launch on my 3rd display (HDTV). Anybody have the same troubles?

Also, when I run Rom Collection Browser and I exit a game, if I have use true full screen (what I use), XBMC comes back in Windowed mode. If I have that unchecked, XBMC comes back...but then I have to click on a blank space to work it again. I use an Xbox Controller as my remote, so that makes it impossible to get a hold of XBMC again.

If I can just get these two problems solved, this stuff will be awesome....but until then, it's unusable..

I have to use my HDTV as an extended display because it doesn't support 60 Hz, only 30 Hz. Which isn't a problem for TV shows & movies...so I can't clone my display.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-28

-89- - Wrote:I'm curious if any of you have multiple displays to worry about? Basically, I have a 3 monitor setup with my 2 monitors for my computer, and then a long cable running to my living room HDTV for XBMC. Works great, except when it comes to emulators. Nothing wants to launch on my 3rd display (HDTV). Anybody have the same troubles?
Sorry, don't have this setup here, so I can't test. Maybe anybody else can shed some light.

-89- - Wrote:Also, when I run Rom Collection Browser and I exit a game, if I have use true full screen (what I use), XBMC comes back in Windowed mode. If I have that unchecked, XBMC comes back...but then I have to click on a blank space to work it again. I use an Xbox Controller as my remote, so that makes it impossible to get a hold of XBMC again.
About the windowed mode issue: did you try to play with different pre- and post-launch delay settings?
The problem that you have to click somehere in a blank space may be dependent to your skin and view. IIRC I can reproduce it in Confluence skin in Info2 view and it works fine in Info and Thumbs view. But I did not yet find out why this is happening.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - -89- - 2013-09-28

(2013-09-28, 10:43)malte Wrote:
-89- - Wrote:I'm curious if any of you have multiple displays to worry about? Basically, I have a 3 monitor setup with my 2 monitors for my computer, and then a long cable running to my living room HDTV for XBMC. Works great, except when it comes to emulators. Nothing wants to launch on my 3rd display (HDTV). Anybody have the same troubles?
Sorry, don't have this setup here, so I can't test. Maybe anybody else can shed some light.

-89- - Wrote:Also, when I run Rom Collection Browser and I exit a game, if I have use true full screen (what I use), XBMC comes back in Windowed mode. If I have that unchecked, XBMC comes back...but then I have to click on a blank space to work it again. I use an Xbox Controller as my remote, so that makes it impossible to get a hold of XBMC again.
About the windowed mode issue: did you try to play with different pre- and post-launch delay settings?
The problem that you have to click somehere in a blank space may be dependent to your skin and view. IIRC I can reproduce it in Confluence skin in Info2 view and it works fine in Info and Thumbs view. But I did not yet find out why this is happening.
I apologize. I didn't realize NVIDIA Control Panel has a setting to clone two monitors in a 3 monitor setup and still retain the specific settings for each monitor. Once I did that and made my HDTV a clone of my first monitor (primary monitor) my problems went away. Now I just gotta get some emulators play nice in full screen mode. I apologize again and I appreciate your quick response! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-09-29

Hello all,

I am using Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo. I have imported my games, and when I look at the top of the screen I can see in the sort menu the different game publishers and consoles, but NOTHING shows up on the screen. When I import the games I see it find the SNES roms one by one and the scrapers go to work. I don't understand why nothing shows up when it is done (no matter what view I chose).

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-29, 02:56)JPCRacing24 Wrote: Hello all,

I am using Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo. I have imported my games, and when I look at the top of the screen I can see in the sort menu the different game publishers and consoles, but NOTHING shows up on the screen. When I import the games I see it find the SNES roms one by one and the scrapers go to work. I don't understand why nothing shows up when it is done (no matter what view I chose).

Huh I use %ROM% for emulator parameter and %.srm, %.scm for the roms. Still I am not able to see any roms in the browser.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-09-30

JPCRacing24 Wrote:I am using Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo. I have imported my games, and when I look at the top of the screen I can see in the sort menu the different game publishers and consoles, but NOTHING shows up on the screen. When I import the games I see it find the SNES roms one by one and the scrapers go to work. I don't understand why nothing shows up when it is done (no matter what view I chose).
When you see publishers and other stuff in the filter controls scraping should have been successful. Can you go into the filters and change something? Maybe you have a filter setting that does not find any games.

If this does not help, please show me a log file after you enter and exit RCB. Maybe there is another error in your setup or the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-09-30

Edit--sorry about the long post... Attached is my log file. LOG POST

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Spawk - 2013-10-01

Hi, I was trying some pre and post launch cmd's and realized that I did not need them. However the gui won't let me delete them. I can remove everything except one letter and it will save it... but it won't take a null value? Is there a config file I can edit to delete these?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-10-01

@JPCRacing24 Please dont spam the forums with log contents, instead paste them to pastebin, xbmclogs.com or similar and post a link here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-10-01

Sorry about that... I went back and fixed it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-01

JPCRacing24 Wrote:Attached is my log file. LOG POST
Can't see anything obvious in your log. Filter settings seem to be ok. Only thing I can't see is if you have any additional filters set (A-Z, Favorites, missing info filter). Make sure that these are not set to anything that prevents RCB from loading games.

You can also check your database if there are any items available. You can find it in XBMCs userdata directory in "addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser". You can open the file MyGames.db with an SQLite Editor like SQLite Studio. You can look inside the database like it was an Excel table.

Or you can just check the size of the file. An empty database should be around 21kb. If it is bigger there must be data in it.

Spawk Wrote:Hi, I was trying some pre and post launch cmd's and realized that I did not need them. However the gui won't let me delete them. I can remove everything except one letter and it will save it... but it won't take a null value? Is there a config file I can edit to delete these?
Oh, this is a bug. Thanks for reporting. There is a config.xml file in XBMCs userdata directory in "addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser". You can just delete the parameters "preCmd" and "postCmd" from this file.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JPCRacing24 - 2013-10-01

I checked the database, and it is at 70kb and it does list my games. When I am in the browser it doesn't matter if I set it to "All" on everything; I still don't see anything come up on the main screen. I might just have to use the advanced launcher and manually put thumbnails and fanart on the game.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-10-02

Just wanted to check in and ask if rcb will be compatible with the new retroplayer when its near completion?

If its been asked my apologies.