Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-05-21

Darkcloud Wrote:Waiting a while didn't change the problem.

No the top menu doesn't even show.
So you open RCB and you don't see any games and can't access the top menu. And when you do a "clean library" everything works again until next launch of RCB?
Does this happen every time you start RCB or only sometimes?
Did you try to use another skin to see if this fixes the issue?
Is it looking like this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150969 ?

Maleficium Wrote:I'm trying to scrape from MobyGames some games but it don't import any data because it lacks the Perspective field in the site.
For every platform? Or only for some platforms?

joebloggs12 Wrote:do you think this would work if I all I wanted to scrape is the game description

not sure if it would speed up the process of online scraping
No, it won't. What takes the time is to connect to the site and download artwork. Scraping or not scraping certain fields won't help a lot.

BirdWorldOrder Wrote:Suddenly today my ROM list is empty. Trying to open context menu just takes me back to xbmc main menu.
I just uploaded this log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=204249

I was really happy the last week as RCB was working perfectly, and suddenly today it is completely broken? I really appreciate if you can help.

If any use, here is old log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=204251
Strange. Did you install any other XBMC related software before this happened? Any other addons or external tools like XBMCLauncher? When it takes you back to the main menu instead of opening the context menu it looks like something has changed your actions or shortcuts. In the logs I can't see anything special.

joebloggs12 Wrote:any one know why this wont scrape .
I have to check this later. (Please remind me if I forget it Smile)

scott0_1 Wrote:I am setting up pcsx2 in Rom Collection Browser. I have imported my PS2 games, but when I attempt to launch them, pcsx2 only opens to the browser screen.

I assume I need some parameters added to make it launch my game.

Can someone please let me know what parameters I need to run an iso and start in fullscreen?
You could try it here: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=PCSX2

aoaaron Wrote:hi when i quit dolphin it goes back to xbmc but doesnt maximise xbmc and i can no longer open rom collection browser if i then full screen xbmc.

is there any fix for this big?
Did you try to fiddle with RCBs addon settings? Maybe changing the pre- or post-launch delay fixes the issue.
Sometimes there are also issues when the screen saver opens in the background while you are playing a game.

speeko Wrote:How would one troubleshoot the scrapers downloading incomplete/corrupt images? (For my GBA collection, specifically).
Never happened to me. What scraper causes this issue? Does this happen with all artwork or just some?

trnzaddict Wrote:The first is when using 3d box art. You have an option to import 3d box art in the media path context menu. Every time I try to import my 3d box art it never imports it. It will import it if I choose 2d box art, but then I have an ugly black square filling in my transparency around the 3d box. Any idea why it is only displaying the 2d and not the 3d?
Not sure if I get this right. Are you talking about real 3d? This 3d box art in RCB is just meant to show 2d box art that is a little bit pumped up to look like game boxes or stuff like this.

trnzaddict Wrote:Second is when switching skins: Currently I use Aeon MQ5, when game description info is longer than what the info pane, Aeon will scroll the info after 5 seconds so you can read the whole description.

When you use any of the other built in skins that come with rcb, the description never scrolls down if it is longer than the info pane...it just stays cut off.

Any ideas?
In other skins (at least in Confluence) there should be a scroll bar next to the game description. But there is no auto scroll mechanism right now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trnzaddict - 2014-05-21

Hey Malte. No it's just 2d boxart that was tilted in Photoshop and a spine added to make it look 3d, not a real 3d file.

How do I get to the scroll bar when using RCB's different skins? I'm asking because there doesn't seem to even be a visible scroll bar next to then info. If there was I wouldn't care about the auto scroll at all but I don't know how to even make manually scroll.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-05-21

thanks malte. yea I never thought it still having to connect lol . don't worry about about the parser , I used notepad++ to swap the game and game filename lines around. all works now, just gotta narrow mame down before I start adding the descriptions

everything is 100% for me using hyperhq and romcollection browser together works just like hyperspin but with the xbmc look.

all I need now is a sub menu for the system selection screen.. is this something you are working on

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 08:12)malte Wrote:
Maleficium Wrote:I'm trying to scrape from MobyGames some games but it don't import any data because it lacks the Perspective field in the site.
For every platform? Or only for some platforms?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115&page=181
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115&pid=1312533#pid1312533
Well, old problems but already found how to edit the scraper to not search the Developer and Perspective fields Wink That fields are missing in lots of 8 bit games but the problem its in all platforms.
Still, need to find how the artwork scraper works because it wasn't downloading anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - phigment - 2014-05-21

I was hoping somebody can provide me with a little insight as to what might be going on. There hasn't been much documentation on this so I'm trying to figure out where the issue might be.

Platform: Android
Device: FireTV
Emulator: SNES9x EX+ 1.5.12 (Installed on the device)
RCM: 2.0.14

Thank you RCM 2.0.14, before this version I couldn't get RCB to launch in XBMC with the SNES emulator. Now it launches just fine. I go into RCB, I shows all my ROMS (the Path is to a NAS, this is supported, right?). I click on a game, it launches SNEX, but it doesn't launch the game. It sits at the emulator level. The only paths I can choose are local paths so i can't now access my Roms.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Phigment.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - kayinart - 2014-05-25

Hello everyone,

I'm suffering from an issue that many others run into, but seem to fix by installing missing files. Whenever I attempt to open a .7z file, I'm hit with the "missing required libraries" error in my log. I have verified py7zlib.py, pylzma.py, and pylzma.pyd exist in my platform_libraries folder and redownloaded them from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma/ and replaced the existing files. I tried wiping every trace of RCB from my addons, packages, and addon_data folder (including the repo and service) I reinstalled everything with no luck. I've blown a stupid amount of time at this point and see no other option than to switch to hyperspin if nobody here has a solution. I hope someone can help! Here's a snippet from my log in case it provides any clues. I'm on windows 8.1 64. Also, I was running xbmc 13 stable up until this morning when I upgraded to 13.1 beta 2. The issue is identical in both versions. Thank you in advance for reading, thinking, or helping!

Quote:13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 8167
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewMode
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewMode
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.saveViewState
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End helper.saveViewState
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewState
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'F:\\emulation\\ROMS\\Sony - PlayStation\\1Xtreme (USA).7z',)]
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: D:\apps\RetroArch-v1.0.0.2-64-bit\retroarch.exe
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: -f -L D:\apps\RetroArch-v1.0.0.2-64-bit\cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll "%ROM%"
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: F:\emulation\ROMS\Sony - PlayStation\1Xtreme (USA).7z
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Trying to delete temporary rom files
13:45:08 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Treating file as a compressed archive
13:45:08 T:3440 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
13:45:08 T:3440 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
13:45:09 T:3440 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
13:45:09 T:3440 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
13:45:09 T:3440 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogOK.xml) ------
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: roms compressed = []
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No cmd created. Game will not be launched.
13:45:09 T:3908 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-05-26

trnzaddict Wrote:No it's just 2d boxart that was tilted in Photoshop and a spine added to make it look 3d, not a real 3d file.
Can you show me a log file after you tried to import 3d art?

trnzaddict Wrote:How do I get to the scroll bar when using RCB's different skins? I'm asking because there doesn't seem to even be a visible scroll bar next to then info. If there was I wouldn't care about the auto scroll at all but I don't know how to even make manually scroll.
Oh, damn. Looks like I removed the scroll bars some time ago. No idea why I did that. Sorry, I guess I have to re-add them some day.

Maleficium Wrote:Still, need to find how the artwork scraper works because it wasn't downloading anything.
When the scraper fails to download game info it will also not download artwork. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding?

phigment Wrote:Thank you RCM 2.0.14, before this version I couldn't get RCB to launch in XBMC with the SNES emulator. Now it launches just fine. I go into RCB, I shows all my ROMS (the Path is to a NAS, this is supported, right?). I click on a game, it launches SNEX, but it doesn't launch the game. It sits at the emulator level. The only paths I can choose are local paths so i can't now access my Roms.
Did you try to run the complete command via adb? The nas could be a problem. RCB is supporting it but this does not mean that it works in every environment. If Android and/or SNESX can't handle it, there is nothing RCB could do about it.

kayinart Wrote:I'm suffering from an issue that many others run into, but seem to fix by installing missing files. Whenever I attempt to open a .7z file, I'm hit with the "missing required libraries" error in my log. I have verified py7zlib.py, pylzma.py, and pylzma.pyd exist in my platform_libraries folder and redownloaded them from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma/ and replaced the existing files. I tried wiping every trace of RCB from my addons, packages, and addon_data folder (including the repo and service) I reinstalled everything with no luck. I've blown a stupid amount of time at this point and see no other option than to switch to hyperspin if nobody here has a solution. I hope someone can help! Here's a snippet from my log in case it provides any clues. I'm on windows 8.1 64. Also, I was running xbmc 13 stable up until this morning when I upgraded to 13.1 beta 2. The issue is identical in both versions. Thank you in advance for reading, thinking, or helping!
Which files did you download exactly from pypi? I guess you should use python version 2.6 or 2.7.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - kayinart - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-26, 17:53)malte Wrote: Which files did you download exactly from pypi? I guess you should use python version 2.6 or 2.7.

malte, thank you for the solution I had overlooked. I hadn't tried 2.7 so I gave it a go. It seems to clear up the 7z incompatibility but now I'm hit with another roadblock. When I first swapped in the 2.7 files, RCB would bring up a second dialog after attempted initialization of the game. It asked me which file to load. In this case, it was 1xtreme so it listed several bin files along with the cue. I selected the cue, my cpu usage shot up, leading me to believe it was actually extracting, but no further actions took place. The cue file I had selected was actually extracted to a temp folder within addon_data, but the bin files were nowhere to be found, leading me to believe the issue is that RCB is not extracting the full game. After restarting xbmc, it no longer asks me which file to load upon initialization, but otherwise exhibits the same behavior. I've pasted my log (which I can not make sense of) below from the point of attempted initialization.

Quote:11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onClick: 50
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onClick: Launch Emu
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 1
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewMode
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewMode
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.saveViewState
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End helper.saveViewState
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewState
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'F:\\emulation\\ROMS\\Sony - PlayStation\\1Xtreme (USA).7z',)]
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: D:\apps\RetroArch-v1.0.0.2-64-bit\retroarch.exe
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
11:26:35 T:1424 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sre_constants.error'>
Error Contents: unbalanced parenthesis
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 413, in onClick
self.launchEmu()
File "C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 764, in launchEmu
launcher.launchEmu(self.gdb, self, gameId, self.config, self.Settings, selectedGame)
File "C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 41, in launchEmu
cmd, precmd, postcmd, roms = buildCmd(filenameRows, romCollection, gameRow, escapeCmd, False)
File "C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 153, in buildCmd
match = re.search(romCollection.diskPrefix.lower(), str(gamename).lower())
File "C:\Apps\XBMC13.1b2\system\python\Lib\re.py", line 142, in search
return _compile(pattern, flags).search(string)
File "C:\Apps\XBMC13.1b2\system\python\Lib\re.py", line 242, in _compile
raise error, v # invalid expression
error: unbalanced parenthesis
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:26:35 T:1424 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7
11:26:42 T:5644 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Darkcloud - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-21, 08:12)malte Wrote: So you open RCB and you don't see any games and can't access the top menu. And when you do a "clean library" everything works again until next launch of RCB?
Does this happen every time you start RCB or only sometimes?
Did you try to use another skin to see if this fixes the issue?
Is it looking like this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150969 ?
With confluence it starts with the top menu open but also doesn't show any games until I chance some filters. Then I found out that RCB doesn't update the games list when I choose either the all or the Simulation filter in genre and the Publisher filter option disappears from the top down menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-05-29

There's something I'm trying to do on RCB that I don't know if it's possible: Can I have custom emulator the same way I have custom command-line for each game?

Let me elaborate: I have some Wii and Gamecube games that I'm running on Dolphin Emulator. I'm using Dolphin 3.5, because it's the fastest and most stable version, and the results are great on most games I have. I've already added a new rom collection for Wii and Gamecube, and downloaded all gallery images for each game in each rom collection.

However, there's a few games that are unplayable on Dolphin 3.5, but works fine on recent beta versions of Dolphin Emulator. Thus, I have two different versions of Dolphin Emulator: the stable one and the beta one. I just want to know if I can make one specific game to run on beta emulator, instead of stable one. Can I do it?

For now, I'm trying to create a simple batch file that change emulator version if you pass a different command-line parameter, but if there's some way to do it directly on RCB, it'd be nice.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Darkcloud - 2014-05-29

You could add the other version as a different Emulator but you would have to sort the Isos accordingly so that you have two collections but from my experience the latest beta always works better than the stable as long as some update didn't break something.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-29, 17:10)Darkcloud Wrote: You could add the other version as a different Emulator but you would have to sort the Isos accordingly so that you have two collections but from my experience the latest beta always works better than the stable as long as some update didn't break something.

Different emulator or different rom collection?

If I'm not mistaken, I can't create two rom collections of the same console / handheld, so I can't simply create two rom collections for Wii per example.

And BTW, Dolphin 4 changed sound emulation entirely, in a way of improve emulation accuracy. As result, a lot of Wii games are slower than before. That's why I'm sticking with Dolphin 3.5 (except for one or two Wii / Gamecube games) until they improve emulation speed together with accuracy on newer releases of Dolphin emulator.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2014-05-29

Rom-Jacket will create those batch files for you. Just edit the location to the "beta" directory for the games you're testing.

change the 5th line
Code:
for %%A in ("C:\MYLOCATION\DOLPHIN") do SET EMUL=%%~A
TO
Code:
for %%A in ("C:\NEWLOCATION\DOLPHIN") do SET EMUL=%%~A
alternatively you can use a separate directory for your "testing" games and use the custom-launcher & custom-console options with the following settings:
custom commands= yes
pre command1= copy /Y "*.ini" "%%EMUL%%\User\Config"
pre command2= copy /Y ".Mem\*.*" "%%EMUL%%\User\Wii"
pre command3= move /Y ".sstates\*.*" "%%EMUL%%\User\StateSaves"
post command1= copy /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\Config\*.ini" "%%GAMDIR%%"
post command2= move /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\StateSaves\*.*" "%%GAMDIR%%\.sstates"
post command3= move /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\Wii\*.*" "%%GAMDIR%%\.Mem"
options= /b -e

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - zeroskrull - 2014-06-02

did any one configure PPSSPP for this add-on? cans help me with the details about it? u.u
On win7?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-03

(2014-05-29, 23:10)sudopinion Wrote: Rom-Jacket will create those batch files for you. Just edit the location to the "beta" directory for the games you're testing.

change the 5th line
Code:
for %%A in ("C:\MYLOCATION\DOLPHIN") do SET EMUL=%%~A
TO
Code:
for %%A in ("C:\NEWLOCATION\DOLPHIN") do SET EMUL=%%~A
alternatively you can use a separate directory for your "testing" games and use the custom-launcher & custom-console options with the following settings:
custom commands= yes
pre command1= copy /Y "*.ini" "%%EMUL%%\User\Config"
pre command2= copy /Y ".Mem\*.*" "%%EMUL%%\User\Wii"
pre command3= move /Y ".sstates\*.*" "%%EMUL%%\User\StateSaves"
post command1= copy /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\Config\*.ini" "%%GAMDIR%%"
post command2= move /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\StateSaves\*.*" "%%GAMDIR%%\.sstates"
post command3= move /Y "%%EMUL%%\User\Wii\*.*" "%%GAMDIR%%\.Mem"
options= /b -e

Interesting solution. I've done the following: Created a directory and put each Dolphin emulator on a different directory. Then, I've created a batch file that receives two parameters: "-o" or "-b". If you pass the first one, the default stable emulator version is used. If you pass "-b", then the beta unstable one is used.

Here's my code:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF "%1"=="" GOTO BLANK
IF %1==-o GOTO DEFAULT
IF %1==-b GOTO BETA

:DEFAULT
set emulador=3.5 r367
set rom=%2
GOTO RUN_EMULATOR

:BETA
set emulador=4 r1546
set rom=%2
GOTO RUN_EMULATOR

:BLANK
ECHO No parameters passed, or invalid parameters
ECHO Use "-o" to open games with default emulator, or "-b" to open games with a beta unstable version of Dolphin
GOTO DONE

:RUN_EMULATOR
cd "%emulador%"
Dolphin.exe /e %rom% /b
cd ..
GOTO DONE

:DONE

However, now RCB isn't saving settings on "Edit Game Command", when I change the default command-line settings to: -b "%ROM%". On batch file, it really uses Dolphin 4 to open games, but not on RCB. It seems to save settings, but when I try editting again, the field stays blank again.

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?