Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2014-06-23

(2014-06-18, 19:31)Maleficium Wrote: I did my own offline scapper for MAME 0.153, it contains 4156 unique games (probably I missed some clones) 320 of them flagged as non working in MAME official list (some will run with a few problems) but running with other arcade emulators.
This scrapper contains genre, year and publisher for almost games and 1304 descriptions.

MAME.txt

I upladed too all my nfo files, probably the names will not match in lots of games but never know, it coud be useful to someone. It have 68 systems, 43750 unique games (I have all my clones merged in a single game file and yes, RCB can handle that Smile). From those 23373 have descriptions.

Rom Collection Browser nfo Files.zip

Thanks to Malte Smile

That's really great, Maleficium.
Would you be so kind as to share your sources and method for making this file? I'd love to contribute.

Did you write all the descriptions yourself? What software did you use to write the file?

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-06-23

(2014-06-23, 04:38)Tomkun Wrote: That's really great, Maleficium.
Would you be so kind as to share your sources and method for making this file? I'd love to contribute.

Did you write all the descriptions yourself? What software did you use to write the file?

Thanks!

I think that you're asking about mame.txt so to be honest, I'm really not sure how I get to the final stage of the file (sorry, I'm always doing lot of stuff at the same time hehehe) but I know that I started following the instructions in http://www.quickplayfrontend.com/index.php?showtopic=474
I left all kind of playable games excluding clones and bios in the result list.

After that I downloaded the Arcade videos in Emumovies and added manually 320 games that I got videos but MAME list as not working (some will run with a few problems but will run with other arcade emulators, you may use this scraper not only for MAME).

As far I remember I used TextCrawler (a massive text editor) to place the desired fields the way I wanted in order to be used with the current parser file.

Finally I had to edit manually some games name because there's a few different games with the same title like "Commando" so I added (Sega) to one of them (There's the Capcom game with the same name).
Removed manually Mechanical games that MAME list as playable but I don't see how.
The descriptions I added them manually too using copy/paste from TheGamesDB and from MobyGames. I deleted also a few clones and some bios that the fist step didn't excluded.

Probably you'll still find some clones and some other non desired stuff that the official MAME list and me didn't notice yet, easy to remove with any text editor Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-23

Solid One Wrote:My problem is: On "Info" viewstate, sometimes RCB gets me stuck on a black screen with all games gone. When this happens, I'm forced to go back to previous menu (by pressing Esc) and then opening RCB addon again. By doing this, RCB goes back to "Info2" showing the first game of my rom collection.

FYI, that issue where RCB gets me stuck on a black screen is happening on three different versions: 2.0.10, 2.0.14 and 2.0.17.

I don't know if that "black screen" problem can be solved for now, but is there a way to make "Info" as default one? That would solve the problem for me, at least for now.
Sounds like you are experiencing this issue. Right now there is no solution for this issue but I want to reduce the impact by reloading the list if this happens. I hope I can fix this with one of the next releases.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-23

(2014-06-23, 14:43)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:My problem is: On "Info" viewstate, sometimes RCB gets me stuck on a black screen with all games gone. When this happens, I'm forced to go back to previous menu (by pressing Esc) and then opening RCB addon again. By doing this, RCB goes back to "Info2" showing the first game of my rom collection.

FYI, that issue where RCB gets me stuck on a black screen is happening on three different versions: 2.0.10, 2.0.14 and 2.0.17.

I don't know if that "black screen" problem can be solved for now, but is there a way to make "Info" as default one? That would solve the problem for me, at least for now.
Sounds like you are experiencing this issue. Right now there is no solution for this issue but I want to reduce the impact by reloading the list if this happens. I hope I can fix this with one of the next releases.

I see. This is a really annoying issue, but at least I can simply reload RCB screen by pressing Esc and opening it again. Anyway, Good luck solving it.

However, the main problem around this, to me, is the fact that it changes viewstate to "Info2". Is there a easy way of changing default viewstate from "Info2" to "Info"? I tried editing this file, from confluence folder: "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", but my tries resulted on RCB crashing XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-06-24

Hey folks, I'm hoping somebody here will be able to help me with a couple of RCB issues I'm having.

1.) No matter which version of XBMC I use or which skin there is always on game in every collection I scrape that refuses to be scraped even if I select that game and choose scrape. This only happens with local nfo. Is there a fix for that besides editing the addondata?

2.) If I have "escape emulator cmd" selected none of my games will launch.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2014-06-24

(2014-06-23, 12:21)Maleficium Wrote:
(2014-06-23, 04:38)Tomkun Wrote: That's really great, Maleficium.

Thanks!

I think that you're asking about mame.txt so to be honest, I'm really not sure how I get to the final stage of the file (sorry, I'm always doing lot of stuff at the same time hehehe) but I know that I started following the instructions in http://www.quickplayfrontend.com/index.php?showtopic=474
I left all kind of playable games excluding clones and bios in the result list.

After that I downloaded the Arcade videos in Emumovies and added manually 320 games that I got videos but MAME list as not working (some will run with a few problems but will run with other arcade emulators, you may use this scraper not only for MAME).

As far I remember I used TextCrawler (a massive text editor) to place the desired fields the way I wanted in order to be used with the current parser file.

Finally I had to edit manually some games name because there's a few different games with the same title like "Commando" so I added (Sega) to one of them (There's the Capcom game with the same name).
Removed manually Mechanical games that MAME list as playable but I don't see how.
The descriptions I added them manually too using copy/paste from TheGamesDB and from MobyGames. I deleted also a few clones and some bios that the fist step didn't excluded.

Probably you'll still find some clones and some other non desired stuff that the official MAME list and me didn't notice yet, easy to remove with any text editor Smile

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look when I get home from work. By the way, I had never heard of TextCrawler before today and it looks brilliant. Thanks for introducing me to it!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-24

Solid One Wrote:However, the main problem around this, to me, is the fact that it changes viewstate to "Info2". Is there a easy way of changing default viewstate from "Info2" to "Info"? I tried editing this file, from confluence folder: "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", but my tries resulted on RCB crashing XBMC.
I have to check this myself. Right now, I can't remember anymore how the default is set.

Catalyst Wrote:1.) No matter which version of XBMC I use or which skin there is always on game in every collection I scrape that refuses to be scraped even if I select that game and choose scrape. This only happens with local nfo. Is there a fix for that besides editing the addondata?
Can you show me a log after you tried to scrape these games?

Catalyst Wrote:2.) If I have "escape emulator cmd" selected none of my games will launch.
You have to de-select it thenSmile.

I guess this is a misunderstanding of the feature. "Escape cmd" just means that RCB will escape the command string before it invokes the command. E.g. /usr/bin/my emulator/ will be written /usr/bin/my\ emulator/ (\ before the whitespace). On some systems you need to activate this option but on most it is required to deactivate it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jordan19 - 2014-06-24

hey i was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue im having?
if i use rcb in solo mode it makes me start all my games from the begining but if its not in solo mode it finds my in-game saves correctly.
im using xbmc 13.1 and the latest test version of rcb on windows. all help will be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tranfa - 2014-06-24

(2014-06-21, 18:49)yamzzz Wrote: FatMatch worked really well and all those nfos saved me a lot of time scraping! Thanks!

(2014-06-20, 18:02)Maleficium Wrote:
(2014-06-20, 04:49)yamzzz Wrote: This rules! Thanks for the huge collection. My roms are named a little differently than your nfo files so is there an easy way to match them up and then rename the nfo files so all will be detected and scraped properly? Thanks!

You may try Fuzzy Rename or FatMatch like joebloggs12 posted to rename the nfo files according the game names you have or you may rename the games names using any massive renamer like Flexible Renamer.

Basically I use No-Intro dat files to rename and merge my collections and after that I remove the country with Flexible Renamer setting it to remove everything between ( and ). I think that its easier that way to collect the artwork.
For systems that No-Intro don't have dat files it could be a bit more tricky but I used mostly some gamebase packages or games collected from some easy to find webpages related to system itself. For those systems I usually used Flexible Renamer to move The, Das, El, La, and a few other to the end of the file name. With a bit of patience and the nfo and your games names will match with a few clicks Smile

A quick question: where should the .nfo files be placed, in order to be properly scraped by the local nfo scraper?

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-06-25

(2014-06-24, 23:19)tranfa Wrote: A quick question: where should the .nfo files be placed, in order to be properly scraped by the local nfo scraper?

Thanks in advance!

The .nfo files should be placed in the same directory where you have the games, or you may define the directory you want in RCB settings. I think that the best choice its to define a different directory to prevent that some rom management program remove the files.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tranfa - 2014-06-25

(2014-06-25, 01:39)Maleficium Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 23:19)tranfa Wrote: A quick question: where should the .nfo files be placed, in order to be properly scraped by the local nfo scraper?

Thanks in advance!

The .nfo files should be placed in the same directory where you have the games, or you may define the directory you want in RCB settings. I think that the best choice its to define a different directory to prevent that some rom management program remove the files.

Thank you Maleficium.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tranfa - 2014-06-25

Another question.

Owning the C64 roms and the relative covers from Gamebase, which would be the best way to scrape them on RCB? Would it be suggested to use your .nfo files, would the naming conventions be compatible?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-06-26

(2014-06-25, 23:17)tranfa Wrote: Another question.

Owning the C64 roms and the relative covers from Gamebase, which would be the best way to scrape them on RCB? Would it be suggested to use your .nfo files, would the naming conventions be compatible?

It will be difficult to match that one. In fact I used the Gamebase collection but I renamed all games massively using the data from the text files they place inside the zip file with some external programs. Maybe the best option its use the Tosec dat files or GB2SD to rename all the games but then they will not work in the Gamebase.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-06-26

Quote:
Catalyst Wrote:1.) No matter which version of XBMC I use or which skin there is always on game in every collection I scrape that refuses to be scraped even if I select that game and choose scrape. This only happens with local nfo. Is there a fix for that besides editing the addondata?
Can you show me a log after you tried to scrape these games?

Catalyst Wrote:2.) If I have "escape emulator cmd" selected none of my games will launch.
You have to de-select it thenSmile.

I guess this is a misunderstanding of the feature. "Escape cmd" just means that RCB will escape the command string before it invokes the command. E.g. /usr/bin/my emulator/ will be written /usr/bin/my\ emulator/ (\ before the whitespace). On some systems you need to activate this option but on most it is required to deactivate it.

Okay, thanks for clearing up the esc cmd misunderstanding. I've had the local nfo scraping problem on different machines with both frodo and gotham using different skins so I can't be the only one. Both machines were the same model though. Here's the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/fn8q2RXt

Thanks for the help it is appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-26

Solid One Wrote:However, the main problem around this, to me, is the fact that it changes viewstate to "Info2". Is there a easy way of changing default viewstate from "Info2" to "Info"? I tried editing this file, from confluence folder: "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", but my tries resulted on RCB crashing XBMC.
Thats strange. I still did not find out where it sets the default to Info2 view.

As a workaround you can remove the complete Info2 view from the skin file. To do this edit the file "resources/skins/Default/720p/script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" in RCBs addon directory. You need to delete all lines between 475 (<!-- gamelist 52 --><control type="group">) and 953 (</control>).

jordan19 Wrote:hey i was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue im having?
if i use rcb in solo mode it makes me start all my games from the begining but if its not in solo mode it finds my in-game saves correctly.
im using xbmc 13.1 and the latest test version of rcb on windows. all help will be greatly appreciated.
What emulator do you use? I have to try to reproduce this.

Catalyst Wrote:I've had the local nfo scraping problem on different machines with both frodo and gotham using different skins so I can't be the only one. Both machines were the same model though. Here's the debug log:
The problem is this:
Code:
21:41:54 T:5772  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: C:\Users\Joseph\Documents\Games\SNES\Super Metroid.nfo
21:41:54 T:5772  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: not well-formed (invalid token): line 6, column 207
There seem to be any special characters in your nfo file that are not properly masked. Can you show me an example of your nfo file?