Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-06-26

can the skin be edited in resources/skins/Default/720p/script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml
I want to be able to make the video window slightly larger, the box art slightly larger, displace the description so I can fit a logo to the top right of the screen (this will be on a fan art)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-06-26

(2014-06-26, 10:45)malte Wrote:
Catalyst Wrote:I've had the local nfo scraping problem on different machines with both frodo and gotham using different skins so I can't be the only one. Both machines were the same model though. Here's the debug log:
The problem is this:
Code:
21:41:54 T:5772  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: C:\Users\Joseph\Documents\Games\SNES\Super Metroid.nfo
21:41:54 T:5772  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: not well-formed (invalid token): line 6, column 207
There seem to be any special characters in your nfo file that are not properly masked. Can you show me an example of your nfo file?

Yeah sure. This is the one that is refusing to scrape.

http://pastebin.com/HjCv7Bfk

Sure enough it was something in the plot. I deleted all of line 6 and it scraped. It must be the '&' symbol in "Nintendo Research & Development". I know there is a command or whatever that's like '&amp' or something like that you can use instead of '&'. That must be what it is.
Never realized how useful that log file is. Thank you so much.

I'm thinking this was totally unrelated to the problem I was having on my old machine. Before, every time I would scrape the games that hadn't scraped they're nfo would appear but other games would lose there's. That problem seems to be gone.

RCB is such a great addon. It's really the addons like this and the people that spend their time developing them that set XBMC years ahead of similar media centers. XBMC has so many damn useful features and is so customizable that nothing else can compare. I'm trying to muddle my way through 'writing' a script for RCB in Aeon Nox 5 right now. Anyways, thanks again.

Last quick question: How do I +1 someones reputation that's helped me?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-06-26

to add rep click the number next to Reputation: on the left +1 for the comment above , lol I just noticed theres -/+ next to find aswell ..that also can be used

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-06-26

(2014-06-26, 21:42)joebloggs12 Wrote: to add rep click the number next to Reputation: on the left +1 for the comment above , lol I just noticed theres -/+ next to find aswell ..that also can be used

Thanks for +1, hate to sound like an idiot, but I just don't have the options for -/+ anywhere. I've looked. Must be because I'm new or don't have enough posts or something. Or am a blind scrub who's overlooking the obvious.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-27

Yes, it is the '&'. I need to replace it with '&' before writing to the file. Thanks for reporting.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pisoj1 - 2014-06-27

Is there a way when I launch the ROM browser that it gives me the platform options and then I can choose from them? E.g.

List of platforms
Gamecubes
Ps1
Ps2
SNES

I just don't like having to go into the sort by mode every time. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rlaursen - 2014-06-28

I just installed rom browser on my xbmc 13.1 gotham quad core 2ghz 2GB ram android kitkat tvbox a few days ago and have got it working for the most part but running into a really annoying issue. After I import all my roms they all pop up, artwork and all and I can launch them successfully. After opening rom browser more than 3 times it seems to just freeze up every time while it tries to load all the games and artwork. This happened with version 2.0.15 and also with the latest 2.0.17. Ive deleted the addon folder, user data folder and uninstalled many times. Every time I do this it loads correctly for the first few times and then starts freezing up every time again forcing me to go to the home screen and force close xbmc. Ive tried changing the cache from cacheall to cachenext, cacheitem but it makes no difference. Ive tried using an external hard drive and also a flash stick but same problem and also tried different types and different amounts of roms but still freezes. This is happening with only 300 roms but Ive read ppl on here have thousands and arent having this problem. I have 1gig ram free when it is loading the games according to the debug stats. My android box is not overheating since I can always press the home button when it causes xbmc to freeze up. I am using the latest Aeon Nox skin. All different rom browser skins freeze but i am trying to use Night.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-28

pisoj1 Wrote:Is there a way when I launch the ROM browser that it gives me the platform options and then I can choose from them? E.g.

List of platforms
Gamecubes
Ps1
Ps2
SNES
Not yet. Something like this is planned but it may take some time until it is done.

pisoj1 Wrote:I just don't like having to go into the sort by mode every time.
It should store your latest filter settings. So you should only need to go into the filter if you want to switch Rom Collections. The same will happen when there is a platform selection at startup. The filter is just at another place. Or do I misunderstand your request?

rlaursen Wrote:I just installed rom browser on my xbmc 13.1 gotham quad core 2ghz 2GB ram android kitkat tvbox a few days ago and have got it working for the most part but running into a really annoying issue. After I import all my roms they all pop up, artwork and all and I can launch them successfully. After opening rom browser more than 3 times it seems to just freeze up every time while it tries to load all the games and artwork. This happened with version 2.0.15 and also with the latest 2.0.17. Ive deleted the addon folder, user data folder and uninstalled many times. Every time I do this it loads correctly for the first few times and then starts freezing up every time again forcing me to go to the home screen and force close xbmc. Ive tried changing the cache from cacheall to cachenext, cacheitem but it makes no difference. Ive tried using an external hard drive and also a flash stick but same problem and also tried different types and different amounts of roms but still freezes. This is happening with only 300 roms but Ive read ppl on here have thousands and arent having this problem. I have 1gig ram free when it is loading the games according to the debug stats. My android box is not overheating since I can always press the home button when it causes xbmc to freeze up. I am using the latest Aeon Nox skin. All different rom browser skins freeze but i am trying to use Night.

Never heard of this. Can you show me a log file after it crashed?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rlaursen - 2014-06-28

rlaursen Wrote:I just installed rom browser on my xbmc 13.1 gotham quad core 2ghz 2GB ram android kitkat tvbox a few days ago and have got it working for the most part but running into a really annoying issue. After I import all my roms they all pop up, artwork and all and I can launch them successfully. After opening rom browser more than 3 times it seems to just freeze up every time while it tries to load all the games and artwork. This happened with version 2.0.15 and also with the latest 2.0.17. Ive deleted the addon folder, user data folder and uninstalled many times. Every time I do this it loads correctly for the first few times and then starts freezing up every time again forcing me to go to the home screen and force close xbmc. Ive tried changing the cache from cacheall to cachenext, cacheitem but it makes no difference. Ive tried using an external hard drive and also a flash stick but same problem and also tried different types and different amounts of roms but still freezes. This is happening with only 300 roms but Ive read ppl on here have thousands and arent having this problem. I have 1gig ram free when it is loading the games according to the debug stats. My android box is not overheating since I can always press the home button when it causes xbmc to freeze up. I am using the latest Aeon Nox skin. All different rom browser skins freeze but i am trying to use Night.

Never heard of this. Can you show me a log file after it crashed?
[/quote]

it doesnt crash it just completely locks up xbmc and i have to force stop it from the android settings.. not sure if a log would show anything since no errors show on screen im force closing it but will upload it for you soon

another issue is that when i try to select playstation to add as a new collection nothing happens.. the other emulators ask me which emulator i want to use etc. I'm trying to use ePSXe but nothing pops up at all to choose which emulator like the other systems

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-28

A log could help anyway. Maybe I can see what happened before the crash.

The Playstation issue is a bug. In the autoconfig file it is named "Playstation", in config.xml "PlayStation". I need to make the comparison case insensitive. Thanks for reporting.
In the meantime you could fix it yourself by editing your "emu_autoconfig.xml" in RCBs userdata directory (if you did not change the location of the file).

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-06-28

Amateur question. Removed.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - noiz13 - 2014-06-28

ff love this add-on i use a netbook and a snes usb controller its wonderfull keep up the good work

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pisoj1 - 2014-06-29

(2014-06-28, 05:50)malte Wrote:
pisoj1 Wrote:I just don't like having to go into the sort by mode every time.
It should store your latest filter settings. So you should only need to go into the filter if you want to switch Rom Collections. The same will happen when there is a platform selection at startup. The filter is just at another place. Or do I misunderstand your request?

Yeah that works, but you basically understood what I'd like I think. It's just I'd prefer having option to choose what platform I go in every time. Kind of like how tv shows work with their seasons, instead of seasons they say what platform it's for.

Or perhaps if there was a way to group games by their platform type on the list. So atari games would appear first and xbox games would appear at the end.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rlaursen - 2014-06-29

(2014-06-28, 07:12)malte Wrote: A log could help anyway. Maybe I can see what happened before the crash.

The Playstation issue is a bug. In the autoconfig file it is named "Playstation", in config.xml "PlayStation". I need to make the comparison case insensitive. Thanks for reporting.
In the meantime you could fix it yourself by editing your "emu_autoconfig.xml" in RCBs userdata directory (if you did not change the location of the file).

I"ve decided to use a lot less roms and so far no freezing up but if it does I will post a log. The playstation issue resolved now thank you! Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-30

rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

@Catalyst: As I understood you are working on skin files for Aeon Nox 5. Did you have the same issue?