Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- mcborzu - 2010-09-09

glindsey Wrote:I'm running into one unfortunate error... if I'm using the Alaska skin, all of the text in RCB is black and therefore invisible! If I get the time I'll make an Alaska skin for RCB, but in the meantime is there anything I can do short of switching back to the Confluence skin? My wife really loves Alaska!

It should being using the default Confluence-looking skin as it hasn't been coded for Alaska yet, that I know of. For me it launches the default Confluence-looking skin for the RCB addon when using Alaska...

- malte - 2010-09-09

mcborzu is right, it should use the confluence skin. Some users reported similar problems with "hidden" text in different skins. So maybe the font or the color is not present on your system?

You could change it in the skin files to test if this works: Search for "<font>" or "<textcolor>" and replace the values with ones that you know are working in alaska.

Find the game labels in "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml"
Info view: line 84 - 109
Info2 view: line 374 - 385, line 406 - 417
Thumbs view: line 654 - 678

- Tomkun - 2010-09-09

malte Wrote:mcborzu is right, it should use the confluence skin. Some users reported similar problems with "hidden" text in different skins.

For the record, it also looks fine in Transparency.

- spong_miester - 2010-09-09

Anyone on here fancy making a noob guide to using this thing?

- Tomkun - 2010-09-09

spong_miester Wrote:Anyone on here fancy making a noob guide to using this thing?

Sure. I'll give it a go.

- glindsey - 2010-09-09

mcborzu Wrote:It should being using the default Confluence-looking skin as it hasn't been coded for Alaska yet, that I know of. For me it launches the default Confluence-looking skin for the RCB addon when using Alaska...

It does switch to the default Confluence-looking skin, but all text except that which is highlighted is black. If I set my XBMC skin to Confluence, everything works properly.

I'll try doing that search-and-replace and see if that makes any difference -- thanks.

- boston85 - 2010-09-09

Not very user-friendly, looking forward to the release with less programming

- kaster1980 - 2010-09-09

Hi Guys! I from Russia. Please help us run the Test data 0.6.x for Rom Collection Browser. All of the cases according to the instructions, but when you start the RCB after the request to import database error message "config.xml file not found". Please describe more in detail how to install the RCB. Version of XBMC I have no installation - XBMC PC 33580. Here is a list of files that I found in the archive with the program:
addons
language \
media \
sounds \
system \
userdata \
web \
glew32.dll
MSVCP71.DLL
msvcr71.dll
SDL.dll
zlib1.dll
vcredist_x86.exe
XBMC.exe
LICENSE.GPL
copying.txt

Prompt please in which folder to copy the file config.xml. Thank you in advance!

- malte - 2010-09-09

spong_miester Wrote:Anyone on here fancy making a noob guide to using this thing?

I always try to promote the test scenario as a start and maybe this can be used as a step by step guide. But maybe I am too deep into this to write a good tutorial from a users point of view. So any additional input is welcome.

boston85 Wrote:Not very user-friendly, looking forward to the release with less programming

No understatement that version number is 0.x Big Grin

Guys, help me please with my problem...

- malte - 2010-09-09

kaster1980 Wrote:Prompt please in which folder to copy the file config.xml. Thank you in advance!

Check the path to your user environment: look for special://home.

From there you will need "userdata/addon_data" in Dharma or "userdata/script_data" in Camelot.

malte Wrote:Check the path to your user environment: look for special://home.

From there you will need "userdata/addon_data" in Dharma or "userdata/script_data" in Camelot.

Big thanx, but i dont have "addon_data" or "script_data"? I must create it?

Big Thanx! But i dont have "addon_data" or "script_data"? I must create it?

- mcborzu - 2010-09-09

kaster1980 Wrote:Big Thanx! But i dont have "addon_data" or "script_data"? I must create it?

You should, in W7 it's:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data

mcborzu Wrote:You should, in W7 it's:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data

Thanx, but i have Windows XP and dont have XBMC\userdata\addon_data ?