Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2010-09-13

TheHazel3yes Wrote:Though I gotta say RCB in general seems not to be that stable atm, sometimes (I am opening a lot right now as I am in configuration of zsnes...) it won't even open and hangs XBMC - I have to restart via ssh...

This is new to me (and believe me I am opening it a lot, tooSmile). What version are you using? I had some issues with 0.5.x that are fixed with 0.6.1. It was submitted to the Dharma repo today, so maybe you can try this if you did not download it already.

Quote:Und danke nochmal für deine Hilfe!

Kein ProblemTongue

wimpy Wrote:wer sind different skins für RCB Malte? Yea i flunked german in school Tongue Did you have any new skin-bases (Alaska, Xperience, Night etc) for us to play around with?

Hey wimpy, willkommen zurückBig Grin

mcborzu has started to work on a RCB skin for Night. But as I understand it he will do the whole thing, so no need to complete it. The skin will be shipped with the skin, not with RCB (I think only available via GIT at the moment).

XBMCG33K wanted to work on a skin for Xperience, but I am afraid he was put off by RCBs configuration desert.

But anyway, I am happy that there is some support by people that know more about skinning. I hope that we get some nicer looking UIs in the next months. And I will start to work on a more easy configuration soonSmile

- mcborzu - 2010-09-13

malte Wrote:mcborzu has started to work on a RCB skin for Night. But as I understand it he will do the whole thing, so no need to complete it. The skin will be shipped with the skin, not with RCB (I think only available via GIT at the moment).

Maybe a day or two I'll be done. Seems simple enough to integrate my code with RCB...

- malte - 2010-09-13

Had a first look at it and I love it. Did not think that my script could look that goodSmile

- TheHazel3yes - 2010-09-13

malte Wrote:This is new to me (and believe me I am opening it a lot, tooSmile). What version are you using? I had some issues with 0.5.x that are fixed with 0.6.1. It was submitted to the Dharma repo today, so maybe you can try this if you did not download it already.

I'm on 0.6.1 (installed from zip). If I press the i button on my remote (information) when a game is selected it crashes too - so in short: any context menu or information in combination with RCB (may it be the addon itself or games in its list) crashes XBMC.
I switched to Alaska Revisited (non-MOD) and the problem with the "empty" list (ghost entries) still exists. I didn't try it with Confluence because atm I'm so in love with Alaska... Big Grin Is there a way you could get in touch with Hitcher for a skin mod so it fits into Alaska?

Little OT: How do you guys close an emulator via remote? I'd like to send the ESC command via remote, however I don't want to install additional software as I like my system as clean as possible... Isn't it possible to send a single keystroke (or run a short script) via lirc without the need of additional software?

Servus, Pfiatgott und Auf Wiedersehn,
(Austrian) Rick

- Flomaster - 2010-09-13

pressing info doesn't crash RCB for me, but some times I do get stuck and menu, exit, guide, previous, don't get me out of RCB I have to ssh in and run kllall xinit to restart XBMC

-=Jason=-

- wimpy - 2010-09-13

mcborzu Wrote:Maybe a day or two I'll be done. Seems simple enough to integrate my code with RCB...

Thanks for this! Really looking forward to seeing different views etc for RCB Big Grin

- wimpy - 2010-09-13

mcborzu Wrote:Maybe a day or two I'll be done. Seems simple enough to integrate my code with RCB...

One question. Will it be usable on XBOX as alot use RCB on the XBOX Smile

- wimpy - 2010-09-13

malte Wrote:Hey wimpy, willkommen zurückBig Grin

mcborzu has started to work on a RCB skin for Night. But as I understand it he will do the whole thing, so no need to complete it. The skin will be shipped with the skin, not with RCB (I think only available via GIT at the moment).

XBMCG33K wanted to work on a skin for Xperience, but I am afraid he was put off by RCBs configuration desert.

But anyway, I am happy that there is some support by people that know more about skinning. I hope that we get some nicer looking UIs in the next months. And I will start to work on a more easy configuration soonSmile

Sounds excellent Big Grin I second the happyness about people now starting to notice this great script and help make it "look better" (no offence malte Big Grin). I knew as soon as some skilled skinner got involved this would look excellent... Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-09-14

wimpy Wrote:One question. Will it be usable on XBOX as alot use RCB on the XBOX Smile

THe views I'm using/planning are the same Night type views and Night runs fine on XBOX so I can only assume it'll be fine.

This runs fine on XBOX? You guys are pulling alot of local images, but then again XBOX pulls logo's just fine. Really XBOX runs into trouble with alot of textures and/or BIG textures as long as you keep things light, texture-wise, things should be good....

- TheHazel3yes - 2010-09-14

Update on RCB/XBMC crashes: It only crashes when Alaska is the current skin. With Confluence I can press the info button and it displays the info box... Also all list items are visible.

- Tricky - 2010-09-14

I cant get the addon to work, if i take everything out of the config file it will start but no content. If I edit the example config i get this error. Anybody can help me with this?

08:49:56 T:6152 M:2093277184 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2089476096 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2089472000 NOTICE: RCB: init log level
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2089472000 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2088976384 NOTICE: RCB: current log level: 1
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2088976384 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2088972288 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2088972288 NOTICE: C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\MyGames.db
08:49:56 T:6152 M:2088972288 NOTICE: Create Tables
08:49:58 T:6152 M:2089148416 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:58 T:6152 M:2086739968 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 33323
08:49:58 T:6152 M:2086776832 ERROR: Error Type: pysqlite2._sqlite.OperationalError
08:49:58 T:6152 M:2086776832 ERROR: Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 19 columns but 25 values were supplied
08:49:58 T:6152 M:2086670336 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py", line 46, in ?
import gui
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1578, in ?
main()
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1572, in main
ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default", "PAL")
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 191, in __init__
self.checkImport(doImport)
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1042, in checkImport
importSuccessful = self.doImportSettings('Database is empty.')
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1073, in doImportSettings
importSuccessful, errorMsg = importsettings.SettingsImporter().importSettings(self.gdb, progressDialog)
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\importsettings.py", line 73, in importSettings
saveViewStateOnExit, saveViewStateOnLaunchEmu, logLevel, showEntryAllChars, preventUnfilteredSearch, cachingOption, modifyTime)
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\importsettings.py", line 322, in insertRCBSetting
RCBSetting(self.gdb).insert((None, None, None, None, None, None, favoriteConsole, favoriteGenre, None, CURRENT_DB_VERSION,
File "C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 86, in insert
self.gdb.cursor.execute(insertString, args)
OperationalError: table RCBSetting has 19 columns but 25 values were supplied
08:49:58 T:7084 M:2086653952 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser

- wimpy - 2010-09-14

mcborzu Wrote:THe views I'm using/planning are the same Night type views and Night runs fine on XBOX so I can only assume it'll be fine.

This runs fine on XBOX? You guys are pulling alot of local images, but then again XBOX pulls logo's just fine. Really XBOX runs into trouble with alot of textures and/or BIG textures as long as you keep things light, texture-wise, things should be good....

Well the script works on XBOX. There are limitations due to memory usage etc so a "modded" NIGHT skin would most likely be needed to remove some stuff to make it fluent.

As I'm testing this on XBOX I can give it a whirl when you have something ready Smile Just let me know.

Do you have any screenshots of how it might look when finished? I'm very eager to see progress on the skinning part Smile

- malte - 2010-09-14

@Tricky:

Code:
Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 19 columns but 25 values were supplied

This sounds like RCB cannot update your database to a new version. What version did you use before updating (unfortunately not all update paths are supported)?

As a work around you can delete your DB and let RCB create a new one.

@wimpy:
Here is a screenshot from the Night thread.

- wimpy - 2010-09-14

malte Wrote:@Tricky:

Code:
Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 19 columns but 25 values were supplied

This sounds like RCB cannot update your database to a new version. What version did you use before updating (unfortunately not all update paths are supported)?

As a work around you can delete your DB and let RCB create a new one.

@wimpy:
Here is a screenshot from the Night thread.

Thanks Smile Looking great Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-09-14

Nearly done: