Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-02-04

As long as I am actively developing this I try to reply daily. When I see how many threads are answered by the XBMC devs (that will have some development tasks, too) I guess this is not too much workSmile

About your question: This is the way I would expect it, too. I did not try this on my linux box, but when I delete my artwork folders on my dev PC, all artwork is gone and can be rescraped.

But you should delete your "MyGames.db" too as there are still the pathes of your artwork stored in the db and it will come to conflicts with the new scraped images. Sorry, there is no way to delete certain Rom Collections atm. But you can use the local nfo to get a faster import of the other RCs.

- Alceste - 2011-02-04

malte Wrote:About your question: This is the way I would expect it, too. I did not try this on my linux box, but when I delete my artwork folders on my dev PC, all artwork is gone and can be rescraped.

So this was not the case on my windows machine: I deleted the Artowork inside the Folder (The folder itself remained intact) and the all the images were still depicted inside the programm.
(I am using the portable version of XBMC)

malte Wrote:But you can use the local nfo to get a faster import of the other RCs.

So I should delete my Games.db (which I already tested and it makes all the artwork disappear) and reimport my games. How do I then make use of the nfos?

- malte - 2011-02-04

You can use the local nfo scraper like other scrapers. It is explained here. Make sure that you have the definition of the scraper at the end of the file. If it is missing you can just copy it from here.

There was an issue with the latest version in the repo (I forgot to add the local nfo xml file to SVN). So if it complains that the file is missing you should go with the latest test version from the projects site: http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.com/files/script.games.rom.collection.browser-0.8.0.zip

Sorry, this is a bit unhandy atm. In the next version you will be able to select the scraper via UI.

- leavethetvon - 2011-02-05

So many pages to this thread and growing rapidly!

First of all, I like the script a lot.

Only problem is that my sound isn't working. I know it's been mentioned before, but didn't see a definitive solution.

I'm using ubuntu 10.04 and latest xbmc I believe-- just installed from the team-xbmc ppa. I'm using fceu with gfceu to play roms.

Still learning Linux so dumb it down for me a bit with the unix commands, if you don't mind. Smile Or if you do mind, any help at all is much appreciated. Again, great work. Thanks!

- digitized - 2011-02-05

Hopefully someone can help me. Feeling like a fool here. Running Ubuntu 10.1 and Dharma. I can't find the RCB files!?! The script runs fine, but I can't find the folder where the config is hidden. Nothing shows up in my userdata folder.
Thanks for any help and congrats on a great project.

Hopefully I can offer some help as well. Leave, does sound work in general on the machine, and natively in fce?

- malte - 2011-02-05

@leavethetvon:
I am not sure but afair Flomaster had some trouble with his sound config on linux and he finally found a solution. I just had a quick search for it but I could not find it anymore. Maybe you have more luck. It was not posted here in the thread, I guess it was somewhere in the Linux sub forum.

@digitized:
It should be in your ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser folder.

Freeze/Crash after leaving emulator - schorsches - 2011-02-05

Hey there, hope someone can help me. I'm running Windows 7 x64 with Dharma and RCB 0.8
Starting emulators is great and works well but when it comes to switch back to xbmc after leaving a game xbmc freezes or is crashing.
I'm not sure if this is an RCB related problem, but dont know where to start searching.

rcb-config: http://pastebin.com/Vb8Eke1S

I've tried using RCB with "rcb_useEmulatorSolo" true || false both not working as expected.

1)
Code:
rcb_useEmulatorSolo = false;
In "most cases" XBMC does not switch back to fullscreen and remains as a black empty window
and i have to kill the xbmc task and restart it manually.

xbmc-log: http://pastebin.com/SrHtnr2Z

2)
Code:
rcb_useEmulatorSolo = true;
When exiting the emulator and the Batch file is starting xbmc again
i get an Windows error dialog saying "CApplication::Create() check log file and that it is writeable"
I also already set up a litte sleep time between closing emulator and (re)starting xbmc in the batch file as recommended. But even after a 10s sleep i get the error mentioned above.

xbmc-log: http://pastebin.com/FH2e1xga

Would be great to get this thing working Smile

schorsches

- leavethetvon - 2011-02-05

Flomaster Wrote:its dependent on your experience level.

at first glance I saw how it had to be configured and said FUCK THIS...but then was getting peeved I couldn't play the roms. so i said ok I'll dedicate some time and attempt to figure it out.

end result I have Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo64 all working and with audio.

next on my list is Sega, Playstation,

from a noobs perspective it's pretty difficult if you aren't willing to take time and read and try new things.

I personally love tinkering around and gettings things to work, some people can't do that.

bottom line if you want to learn a thing or two and don't mind trial and error give this a shot.

if you are short tempered with zero patients do not attempt this.

-=Jason=-

Lol. I hope I'm up to the challenge. Smile I read that you had previously had some issues with your sound not working, which is what I'm working on now, emulating nes with fceu. What was your solution if you don't mind sharing? Was it a change to the config file? Be as specific as you have time for, I'm eager to learn, but am still a bit of a newb. :/

Thanks a ton. And to anyone else who might have some input, thanks also.

- malte - 2011-02-05

@schorsches:
Your config looks correct and in the logs I can't see any RCB related errors. Also with the Windows error in solo mode I don't have any idea what goes wrong. Sorry, but it seems that I can't be of help here. Anybody else has this working in a Win 64 environment?

Maybe you can post the log file and the error you get while starting in solo mode in the Windows forums.

@leavethetvon:
I haven't seen Jason here for some weeks. I guess he is not around anymore. I know he posted a detailed explanation about his problem and the solution somewhere but I can't find it anymore. This is the closest that I could find: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=637306. But not sure, if this fits in your situation.

- schorsches - 2011-02-05

malte Wrote:@schorsches:
Your config looks correct and in the logs I can't see any RCB related errors. Also with the Windows error in solo mode I don't have any idea what goes wrong. Sorry, but it seems that I can't be of help here. Anybody else has this working in a Win 64 environment?

Maybe you can post the log file and the error you get while starting in solo mode in the Windows forums.

i've done a bit more research on this topic today and it seems to be really a file write lock issue involving debug.log of xbmc. If i'm right the cmd.exe running applaunch.bat is blocking or holding some sort of write lock to debug.log file which doesn't get released when xbmc.exe gets killed by taskkill and this leads to the error above.

The taskkill command has an /T switch to kill any child processes with the parent. Using this would destroy the cmd.exe running the applaunch.bat (running emu and after that restarting xbmc) therefore no option.

I've modified the applaunch.bat and inserted a "pause" line before xbmc.exe gets restarted, so i was able to watch my processes and potentiall blocking candidates in that moment. Only way to get xbmc working was to completely kill cmd.exe and the coresponding "conhost.exe" (new to win7) process with the taskmanager (which is the same as ending applaunch.bat normal without starting xbmc. I even tried things like starting another batch file from applaunch.bat like "start call xbmc.bat" to sleep and start xbmc in another shell (and also another context i thought) and let the applaunch.bat self end - with exactly the same results as before :-(

Problem launching roms - Alceste - 2011-02-05

Hey Thanks for your answers! I have been able to import all my roms to the RCB script, editing the config.xml. However whenever I attempt to start a rom the emulator starts but complains, that the file could not be found. :confused2:
I looked into my log and discovered the following line:

Quote:19:58:47 T:3920 M:2660708352 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660716544 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660716544 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 1454
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660716544 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.launchEmu
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660687872 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: call "C:\Games\Emus\NES\Emulator\nestopia.exe" %Rom%
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660683776 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660659200 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1920x1080 @ 59.94 - Full Screen
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2660659200 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
19:58:48 T:3920 M:2662469632 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
19:58:54 T:3920 M:2659450880 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done
19:58:54 T:3920 M:2659450880 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Full Screen mode

shouldn't %ROM% be a placeholder for the actual rom (I already tried changing this to "%ROM%" but it didn't have any effect on my problem)?

kindly,

Alceste

- myksterx - 2011-02-05

Using Win7 - First run RCB, it prompted me to find my Emulator, but i clicked off it by accident.

Now everytime i run RCB it comes up blank, with no option anywhere to add my Emulator / Roms.

I've tried to uninstall and re-install, still the same, what to do now?

PS: I read somewere in this thread to delete my DB (Database??) ok- i cannot locate this.

found the config.xml file, however having another problem which i will post in a seperate poist

- malte - 2011-02-05

@Alceste:
It behaves 100% case sensitive so it must be exactly "%ROM%" not "%Rom%".

THanks again - Alceste - 2011-02-05

oh yeah you're right I remeber having learnt that at school.. funny right now i really feel i can relate to Jack Morgendorfer ... Rolleyes Thanks for helping me find the misstake

- myksterx - 2011-02-05

I have added SNES emulator.

I have located it, Located rom folder, Located Artwork folder (even though i selected to do it online? - i created a new folder with nothing in there named SNES Artwork)

Now theres nothing showing.

with abit of messing, i am now importing files from the folder (all 700+ of them) so its taking a while now, will report back later - hopefully working