Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- myksterx - 2011-02-05

cancelled the process in order to not waste the whole lot of my time (good job really)

I have added 10 roms to my library.
When i click launch rom - it launches the emulator, but the rom doesnt automatically load..

How to fix this?

- schorsches - 2011-02-05

schorsches Wrote:i've done a bit more research on this topic today and it seems to be really a file write lock issue involving debug.log of xbmc. If i'm right the cmd.exe running applaunch.bat is blocking or holding some sort of write lock to debug.log file which doesn't get released when xbmc.exe gets killed by taskkill and this leads to the error above.

Solved it by editing applaunch.bat : replaced the line where XBMC gets started...

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

with

Code:
[b]explorer[/b] "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Next question: After leaving my emulator and xbmc has started im on xbmc start screen and not in RCB as expected...any ideas?

- schorsches - 2011-02-05

myksterx Wrote:cancelled the process in order to not waste the whole lot of my time (good job really)

I have added 10 roms to my library.
When i click launch rom - it launches the emulator, but the rom doesnt automatically load..

How to fix this?

Show us you config.xml...probabyl something with your emulatorParams
is wrong...mine (zsnes) looks like this:

Code:
<emulatorParams>-m "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

- malte - 2011-02-06

schorsches Wrote:Next question: After leaving my emulator and xbmc has started im on xbmc start screen and not in RCB as expected...any ideas?
Usually this should be done by "autoexec.py". When RCB launches the emulator in solo mode it should create (or modify if already present) this file in your userdata folder to autolaunch RCB on next XBMC start. Can you see if this file is created somewhere or do you see errors in the log that it could not create the file?

- leavethetvon - 2011-02-06

@malte
Thanks much, I appreciate your help. Gonna take a look at your link and keep working on it as I have time. Smile

- schorsches - 2011-02-06

malte Wrote:Usually this should be done by "autoexec.py". When RCB launches the emulator in solo mode it should create (or modify if already present) this file in your userdata folder to autolaunch RCB on next XBMC start. Can you see if this file is created somewhere or do you see errors in the log that it could not create the file?

file is there and seems to be correct. Content of "autoexec.py" is:

Code:
#Rom Collection Browser autoexec
import xbmc
xbmc.executescript('C:\Users\player\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py')

in the XBMC log i found this:

Code:
12:36:51 T:1884 M:1258823680   ERROR: Python script "C:\Users\player\AppData\Roaming\XBMCddons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py" does not exist

encoding problem?
"\a" in ...\XBMC\addons\... is displayed as BEL in my texteditor(notepad++)

- malte - 2011-02-06

Strange. Is it displayed like this in the log or in the autoexec.py?

Did you try to edit the autoexec and launch XBMC again?

- schorsches - 2011-02-06

malte Wrote:Strange. Is it displayed like this in the log or in the autoexec.py?

Did you try to edit the autoexec and launch XBMC again?

In the autoexec.py everything is correct !
In the log \a in my path is displayed as an BEL Ascii Symbol (black fat dot)

But it gets even stranger :-)
As a workarround i've tried to modify your helper.py function where the autoexec.py gets written.
What i've done is to put my whole path to default.py in there instead of os.path.join(util.RCBHOME, 'default.py') and it did not work.
Then i replaced the lowercase \a with an uppercase \A and it completely worked.

Code:
def writeAutoexec(gdb):
    # Backup original autoexec.py        
    autoexec = util.getAutoexecPath()
    doBackup(gdb, autoexec)            

# Write new autoexec.py
    try:
        fh = open(autoexec,'w') # truncate to 0
        fh.write("#Rom Collection Browser autoexec\n")
        fh.write("import xbmc\n")
        # fh.write("xbmc.executescript('"+ os.path.join(util.RCBHOME, 'default.py')+"')\n")
        fh.write("xbmc.executescript('"+ 'C:\Users\player\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py' +"')\n")        
        fh.close()
    except Exception, (exc):
        Logutil.log("Cannot write to autoexec.py: " +str(exc), util.LOG_LEVEL_ERROR)
        return

- myksterx - 2011-02-06

schorsches Wrote:
Code:
<emulatorParams>-m "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

Thank you mate, i changed that and it worked first time!

Now i just need to know how to change the views?
Its got a box on the right showing list of games and a box on the left showing the description and screenshot, anyone know how to change view?

- malte - 2011-02-06

New test version available: 0.8.1

General:
  • rework of Confluence Thumbs view (see screenshot below)
Game Import:
  • scraping options: Automatic: Accurate, Automatic: Guess Matches, Interactive: Select Matches
  • new import options dialog: select Rom Collection, scraping mode and scrapers (see screenshot below)
  • small fixes in MAME scraper (will find more games now)

Screenshots
Confluence Thumbs View:

New Import Options Dialog:

The new scraping modes work as follows:
  • Automatic: Accurate - Only imports games that can be matched 100%. Only slight changes to the names while finding the correct match (replace sequel numbers, "&" with "and", etc). Will skip a lot of games but should not lead to any mismatches.
  • Automatic: Guess Matches - Tries to find all games with subtitle or fuzzy matching. Will scrape most of your games correctly but will for sure have some mismatches.
  • Interactive: Select Matches - Let the user select the correct game if the game cannot be determined by 100%. Most time consuming option.

If you want to have a most accurate setup it is a good idea to start in "Automatic: Accurate"-mode to let RCB scrape all games that can be matched automatically. In a second run you should select "Interactive: Select Matches" and select all games that could not be imported in the first run.

In the new Import options dialog you can limit the import to a certain Rom Collection or import all Rom Collections, you can select the scraping mode (explained above) and you can select the scrapers for the import. The scrapers will be executed in the order they are selected in the dialog. As in previous versions the results of the scrapers will be merged together. In offline scraping scenario you will not be able to import all Rom Collections with offline scrapers as you should have certain scrapers for different collections. RCB will show an error message if you configure it wrong.

You can disable the import options dialog in the global settings. RCB will then start scraping with the default settings from config.xml or global settings.

Note that the new import dialog is not yet available in Night and Carmichael skin. Users of these skins should disable the dialog in global settings until the skins are up to date.

Please report any issues here. If this version proves to be stable it should be submitted to the repo.

- malte - 2011-02-07

myksterx Wrote:Now i just need to know how to change the views?
Its got a box on the right showing list of games and a box on the left showing the description and screenshot, anyone know how to change view?
Just navigate around with the arrow keys. The bottom menu should show up with a change view button.

schorsches Wrote:But it gets even stranger :-)
As a workarround i've tried to modify your helper.py function where the autoexec.py gets written.
What i've done is to put my whole path to default.py in there instead of os.path.join(util.RCBHOME, 'default.py') and it did not work.
Then i replaced the lowercase \a with an uppercase \A and it completely worked.
This is really strange. Looks like some XBMC interna interpreting the "\a" when executing autoexec. Good to know how to solve itSmile

- Alpha17x - 2011-02-08

Hi,

Let's say I add some systems to the list, wait for the scrapper to grab all the info from the interwebs, and then a while later I want to add a new system.

How do I do that without deleting the config file?

Also: How do I purge the 'database' of roms it's already listed, like if I want to start over, where is it hiding? Because I've removed the plugin/addon restarted and come back to reinstall it to find it was still tracking my half-finished list.

I have yet to find options to do this inside of xbmc.

Is there a way to avoid starting from scratch every time a minor mistake is made?

BTW: I love this plugin/script/addon (is there a real difference?) even if the options for setting it up make me want to scalp myself (I really do like it)

- malte - 2011-02-08

Alpha17x Wrote:Let's say I add some systems to the list, wait for the scrapper to grab all the info from the interwebs, and then a while later I want to add a new system.

How do I do that without deleting the config file?
There are new testing versions available that are not yet in the XBMC repo. Since version 0.8.0 there is an option to add new Rom Collections with the wizard without deleting the config file. With version 0.8.1 there are some new scraping modes and the option to select Rom Collection, scraping mode and scrapers via UI.

Alpha17x Wrote:Also: How do I purge the 'database' of roms it's already listed, like if I want to start over, where is it hiding? Because I've removed the plugin/addon restarted and come back to reinstall it to find it was still tracking my half-finished list.

I have yet to find options to do this inside of xbmc.

Is there a way to avoid starting from scratch every time a minor mistake is made?
In current release there is no way to delete games or rom collections. The only way to this is by deleting the complete database and rescrape everything again. But this rescrape can be done with the local nfo files which is much faster than the first scraping process. In version 0.8.1 you can select the local nfo scraper via UI and don't have to edit config.xml manually. Improvement of this process is planned for one of the next releases.

You will find the config file and the database (MyGames.db) in XBMC userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser

Alpha17x Wrote:BTW: I love this plugin/script/addon (is there a real difference?) even if the options for setting it up make me want to scalp myself (I really do like it)
Yes, atm RCB demands a lot of patience of the users. But we are working on it and it will be more user friendly with every new release (so I hope).

- Scrapper - 2011-02-10

I'm currently stuck in the screen that has the sort setting at the top like Console, Genre, Year, Publisher and also import games and view mode in the bottom left corner. Problem is I can't get out of it! I uninstall and reinstall and i get sent back there. There is no arrow that takes me to the folder "above" it. I'm just stuck there with nothing to click on and no way of resetting. I know how to properly install it know and see I just made a wrong click but how do I get out of here or at least reset it?? As i said i already uninstalled and reinstalled and it puts me back here also the import game in the bottom left will bring up a yes or no question if I want to import games now and no matter what I click it just sits there. . .

Additional Info- I'm trying to get this to work on my computer and also I can right click with my mouse to get back to the program menu but then when i click on the program i just get put right back where i was.

not reading my movie folder - ninog - 2011-02-10

Hello I am new to the XBMC world I own an older apple tv and have recently uploaded the XBMC software. WHen I try and point the software to view my movie folder it is not allowing me. What am I doing wrong any help out there>
I am not that technically inclined to layman's terms would help

thanks

Nino G