Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- Tomkun - 2011-03-28

joethefox Wrote:thank you for this nice addon!
Another developer said he does not like as an idea (Smile) so I ask you the same thing:
- is possibile to add inside the M.A.M.E. section, during game list, the capability to play a background music file? I'm thinking to "Arcade Ambience Project" Nod
like project author (Andy Hofle) says "The arcade ambience project is an attempt of mine to simulate the audio ambience of a crowded arcade room during the golden age of arcades in the 1980s".

Wow, I just listened to that and it's fantastic! Would be cool as an alternative to the videos.

Speaking of which Malte, is there a way to lower the volume of the preview videos at all?

- malte - 2011-03-28

There is an issue in the list to support music files per game, same as video. May be an alternative to add music per Rom Collection, too. I want to look at these "comfort" features when all the basic stuff (configuration dialogs etc.) is done. So, if nobody else takes this challenge it may last a while until we see this happen.

About lowering the volume: I think it should be at the same volume as "normal" videos. Atm you could just use an external tool to normalize the volume of your videos.

- synch - 2011-03-28

First of all thanks for all the hard work! I've been messing around with several different plugins and have found yours to be very intuitive. I can't wait to stop playing with the configurations and start actually playing a game Big Grin

I've had the same difficulties that caylor02 had with the genesis roms. It stops at 4% each time I try to import the games. Has a solution been found? I'm going to try importing the romset in parts after I finish importing the nes roms (which is running perfectly so far).

caylor02 Wrote:Well, that worked great. However when I go to add my genesis roms it always stops working at "building file list"

- malte - 2011-03-28

I guess caylor02 found an error in his xml file but I don't know the exact problem. Could you produce a log file of such an import? Then I can see what goes wrong.

What version of RCB are you using? There is a new test version that fixes some encoding bugs. Maybe your problem is related to this.

- synch - 2011-03-28

I use the one from your repository. I installed it today so I assume that it's the newest non test version.

I'm not entirely sure whether a log is created because when it hangs I have to alt-f4 xbmc and kill the process to be able to start it again (if I choose cancel then it says "cancelling" or something similar but it doesn't actually stop).

Importing a handful of genesis roms works fine, the entire romset crashes.

I'm currently importing around 5000 NES roms and that's working fine (slow... but fine Smile ).

I could just make a selection of the games I actually want to play but that might take more time then just being patient about the import Wink

I'll try the test version once the import is finished.

edit: The import crashed at 9% (which, in its defense is about 400 games Big Grin)

I'm going to retry it with a smaller set of roms.

- malte - 2011-03-29

It is not related to the size of the rom collection, it happens with certain games I think.

This happened in the old versions when there was an encoding error. E.g. if you try to import a game that has some characters in its name or description that RCBs encoding can't handle, it crashed with the previous versions. But I really hope that I fixed this with 0.8.2. So you should check it again with this version. If you already tried with 0.8.2, please send me your log file.

If you had to kill XBMC with Alt+F4 there are still two ways to get the log file: If you did not restart XBMC the file "xbmc.log" should still contain the error that forced the crash. If you already restarted XBMC there is a second file "xbmc.old.log". Check the end of one of these files for error messages and the name of the last game that was scraped.

- synch - 2011-03-29

Gotcha, will do.

Just to clarify though, the Genesis import hangs while building the list, the NES import hangs while grabbing info.

Is there anyone here that has successfully imported artwork and information for entire "good" and mame romsets?

- synch - 2011-03-29

And the winner is...

*drum roll*

Andrè Agassi Tennis Smile

It still hung with the test version but after checking the log it was clear where it stopped.

Code:
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663780352  NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: Add filename "E:\Games\Roms\Sega Mega Drive\Andrè Agassi Tennis (U).bin" with key "andrè agassi tennis (u)"
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE: C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogimportoptions.py:77: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
                                              if (action.getId() in ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG):
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064   ERROR: Exception in python script's onAction
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE:   File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogimportoptions.py", line 77, in onAction
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE: if (action.getId() in ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG):
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE:   File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogimportoptions.py", line 88, in onClick
12:36:02 T:2780 M:2663768064  NOTICE: self.doImport()

It hung again at 72% so I assume there are more special characters in there.

Let me know if you need the full log or if there is anything else I can test.

- malte - 2011-03-29

Ok, thanks. I think this is enough to reproduce the error. One more question: What OS are you using?

The fixes added to 0.8.2 are handling the game scraping and saving to db, not the reading of the rom files. So I will do this for 0.8.3.

In the meantime your only chance will be to rename your rom files with "special" characters like `´° etc.

- synch - 2011-03-29

Oh sorry, duh, should have mentioned that Smile

Windows 7 Ultimate UK SP1 running xbmc 10.1

I'll wait for the fix, I'm currently testing various video and rom imports and then going to do a clean install and import everything properly.

One question though, how do you get to a list of the emulators so that you can delete it or clear the database for it? I know I've seen the screen but I can't find it *blush*

- malte - 2011-03-29

Not sure what you mean. Atm there is only a "Delete Game" option in 0.8.2 but no way to delete complete Rom Collections (will maybe come with the next version).

- synch - 2011-03-29

Hmmm... I might be thinking of Advanced Launcher (which I tried before trying RCB).

Either way, in the situation that I am in right now it would be good to be able to reset an emulator or delete it altogether

No rush though Wink

Like I said, I'm testing out everything and trying all different options and afterwards I'll start from scratch.

- Finn10111 - 2011-03-30

First of all, thank you for your good work!

Currently I am using RCB 0.8.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 with XBMC from opdenkamps's ppa. I am trying to launch an Amiga ROM but I have a little problem with that.

Importing Games works fine but launching them only launches the UAE control window. Also I have to insert the ROM into the floppy drive and then deselect the pause button.

The important part of my RCB config.xml looks like this:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/usr/bin/uae</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>{-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/home/finn/Roms/Amiga/*.adf</romPath>
      <useEmuSolo>True</useEmuSolo>
      <escapeCommand>True</escapeCommand>
      <descFilePerGame>False</descFilePerGame>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix>

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

thankfully for every kind of helping, Finn :-)

- malte - 2011-03-30

The RCB config looks correct AFAICS. Some questions to narrow this down:

- Can you launch uae from the console?
- Do you see the command that RCB is using to launch the game in the XBMC.log?
- Can you launch this command from console?

I had to create a valid uae config file (with screen resolution, floppy disks, etc.) before everything worked for me. Did you do this, too?

- grassmunk - 2011-03-31

Alright, I'm going insane with this. I'm trying to use my local synopsis and images/videos and for the life of me I can't get the synopsis file to parse properly.

here's what the synopsis looks like http://pastebin.com/0re4Cgxs

and heres my parser config

Code:
<parserConfig>
    <GameGrammar type="multiline">
        <SkippableContent skipTo="LineStart*LineEnd"></SkippableContent>
        <SkippableContent>LineStart*LineEnd</SkippableContent>
        <crc restOfLine="true" delimiter=","></crc>
        <Game restOfLine="true"></Game>
        <SkippableContent>Platform:</SkippableContent>
        <Platform optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Platform>
        <SkippableContent>Region:</SkippableContent>
        <Region optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Region>
        <SkippableContent>Media:</SkippableContent>
        <Media optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Media>
        <SkippableContent>Controller:</SkippableContent>
        <Controller optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Controller>
        <SkippableContent>Genre:</SkippableContent>
        <Genre optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Genre>
        <SkippableContent>Release Year:</SkippableContent>
        <ReleaseYear optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></ReleaseYear>        
        <SkippableContent>Developer:</SkippableContent>
        <Developer optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Developer>
        <SkippableContent>Publisher:</SkippableContent>
        <Publisher optional="true" restOfLine="true"></Publisher>        
        <SkippableContent>Players:</SkippableContent>
        <Players optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Players>        
        <SkippableContent>Original Title:</SkippableContent>
        <OriginalTitle optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></OriginalTitle>
        <SkippableContent>Alternate Title:</SkippableContent>
        <AlternateTitle optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></AlternateTitle>                
        <SkippableContent>Translated By:</SkippableContent>
        <TranslatedBy optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></TranslatedBy>
        <SkippableContent>Hacked By:</SkippableContent>
        <HackedBy optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></HackedBy>                                        
        <SkippableContent>Version:</SkippableContent>
        <Version optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Version>        
        <SkippableContent restOfLine="true"></SkippableContent>
        <SkippableContent restOfLine="true"></SkippableContent>
        <Description optional="true" skipTo="LineStart*LineEnd"></Description>
        <SkippableContent>*LineEnd</SkippableContent>        
    </GameGrammar>
</parserConfig>

This works perfectly fine with the NES description file mentioned earlier in this thread but for some reason refuses to work with this file. The ouput from RCB looks like this: http://pastebin.com/XAZPbs40

As you can see, it's reading the first entry fine but every line after that something is up and I can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: For the record here's what the NES synopsis looks like:

http://pastebin.com/NfLuvnE2