Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- DigiTech - 2011-04-15

malte Wrote:New version available: 0.8.4

Found and fixed the bug reported by DigiTech: If you have 10 and more Rom Collections, RCB did not increment the ids of new Rom Collections. This could lead to serious inconsistencies in your database.

This version is already marked as the new featured version as it just contains this one bug fix. I will request the repo pull in the next 1-2 days if nobody reports problems with this new version.

Thanks again, DigiTech, for finding and reporting this one!

Your welcome Malte, its my pleasure to support a script like this that give me good headaches from time to time but most of the time plenty of joys, by the way if anyone is dealing with the database problem duplicated ID's here's the solution in you don't want to wait for RCB V.0.8.4.

Solution 01 Before the problem.
1.- Scrape one rom in your new Rom Collection.(Keep the others roms waiting in other folder than the specified in RCB.
2.-When you finish scrape exit XBMC and edit config.xml, find the line that says ID"xnumber", you can open the config file in notepad and use the search tool just put "ID"on it, now it will find all the rom collection you already have done each one will have a ID Number, the first one you scraped it will be ID1 to the last one that we'll supose it's ID 10, this is the one you want to edit (note only if you have version o.8.3 and dont want to wait to v0.84).The last ID its going to be duplicated just check em to be sure, so we are going to have 2 ID10 the only thing you have to do is in the last rom collection you added the one with the only one rom in the ID10 number just change it to ID11.
3.-Put the remaining roms collection back in the roms route so they can be ready to scrape.And thats all all roms will be scanned without database problems.

Solution 02 After the problem:
1.-If you find the problematic last scraped collection (PSX) to be mixed with other collection just delete the roms that dont belong there using C in your keyboard.
2.-You will have to check if in your config.xml file still have all the routes to your last scanned collection(before the problem) if still has continue, if dont, you will have to add manually the folder routes to your last scanned collection, if you usually backup your config.xml file you can use the last backup.
3.-When you are sure all the folders are well specified in config.xml file go to RCB and in your new rom collection that you already scraped lets say its "playstation" the one that didnt show up and delete manually each rom you have in the RCB browser interface just press C in your keyboard so you can access to the menu where you can delete items form your game database (you dont have to do this but i wanted to clear all my PSX game database to eliminate possible problems) at first i didnt wanted to do this but some roms scanned fine but didn't show up in RCB Psx section, when i deleted em and scrape everything again (only the problematic rom collection) all was working as normal.

Solution 03:
Wait for the new versionBig Grin

And remember to always i mean ALWAYS make a backup of your precious gamesdatabase and config files before any big changes in RCB.

I hope this can help, by no means its the last word on the things you can do but for my experience all is o.k.

Malte you can edit or correct me if i made some mistakes here,lol.
Keep the awesome work.

- malte - 2011-04-15

Thanks for the guide. Two "annotations":

Before-guide:
- If you did not have the problem and you want to add more than 10 Rom Collections, you should grab the latest version (0.8.4) from the google code site.

After-guide:
- You should definitely delete the roms that are scraped for the wrong collection as they will always stay in the db with a wrong RC association. And I guess you have been lucky that your 10th collection was PSX and not NESSmile. So if you scanned more than a handful of games the easiest way will be to rebuild your database with the local nfo files.

As DigiTech said, it is always a good idea to make a backup of config.xml and MyGames.db from time to time. I guess I will add this as an option in the future (automatically backup db before game import).

- Dekthro - 2011-04-16

malte Wrote:RCB is a script, not a plugin. This means it provides its own UI and does not rely on the skins doing this. So you can use RCB with all skins but it will always look like a Confluence addon.

If we want to have it looking like the currently used skin we have to add new layouts for every single skin. Atm this is only done for Night and Carmichael. All other skins will use the Confluence look and feel.

Ahhh ok, thank you. Smile Any plans to expand on the selection?

- malte - 2011-04-16

Yes, maybe some day. Usually I was hoping that more skinners jump on and start to build views for their skins. But only mcborzu did this for Night and Carmichael. So we had to do all the skinning ourselves and we have enough work with coding the addon. But when it is feature complete and bug free we will start skining and adding language supportBig Grin

- Tomkun - 2011-04-16

Sorry if I'm being thick, but what is the difference between a plug-in and a script? What's the reason you decided to go the route you did Malte?

- TheCookieAddict - 2011-04-16

malte Wrote:Yes, maybe some day. Usually I was hoping that more skinners jump on and start to build views for their skins. But only mcborzu did this for Night and Carmichael. So we had to do all the skinning ourselves and we have enough work with coding the addon. But when it is feature complete and bug free we will start skining and adding language supportBig Grin

I would love some more views! Well as you know the only one that I'd really need is the wall view, and I recently came across an image on the interwebs that's like exactly how I'd want the wall view to look like, just to give you some inspiration :p

- oxyris - 2011-04-16

I'm having the following issue with RCB. I downloaded and installed the add-on within XBMC. When I run the setup wizard and it comes to the point where I'm supposed to select the path of my emulator, I only see my DVD drive G:\. I'm not able to select any other drives / folders and therefore can't select my emulator. I'm using the Aeon skin, not sure if that could possibly be the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

- TheCookieAddict - 2011-04-16

oxyris Wrote:I'm having the following issue with RCB. I downloaded and installed the add-on within XBMC. When I run the setup wizard and it comes to the point where I'm supposed to select the path of my emulator, I only see my DVD drive G:\. I'm not able to select any other drives / folders and therefore can't select my emulator. I'm using the Aeon skin, not sure if that could possibly be the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You have to add the paths you want to choose for the emulator in the Files Manager, after that you'll be able to select them Wink

- DigiTech - 2011-04-16

oxyris Wrote:I'm having the following issue with RCB. I downloaded and installed the add-on within XBMC. When I run the setup wizard and it comes to the point where I'm supposed to select the path of my emulator, I only see my DVD drive G:\. I'm not able to select any other drives / folders and therefore can't select my emulator. I'm using the Aeon skin, not sure if that could possibly be the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Like thecookieaddict said just add the first letter of the drive you want to use internal or external drive path (C:,E:,D;etc) in the files manager then in RCB you'll be able to see that letter and then specify your folders route.

- malte - 2011-04-16

Tomkun Wrote:Sorry if I'm being thick, but what is the difference between a plug-in and a script? What's the reason you decided to go the route you did Malte?
A script can (has to) provide its own UI, a plugin can (has to) use the existing views. Both has pros and cons, I decided to use the first method as there are many things in RCB that are not available in standard skin views. E.g. I like the possibility to build my own configuration views for "Import Options", "Edit Rom Collection" and later "Edit Game" etc. In a plugin you must hack all this things together with separate context menu entries. The downside is that RCB does not look like Aeon in Aeon, and not like Alaska in Alaska etc.

But everybody is invited to add new skin files for RCB Big Grin

TheCookieAddict Wrote:Well as you know the only one that I'd really need is the wall view, and I recently came across an image on the interwebs that's like exactly how I'd want the wall view to look like, just to give you some inspiration
Really cool. But I have to wait until somebody does this for me. My only skinning skills are "copy & paste".

- oxyris - 2011-04-16

DigiTech Wrote:Like thecookieaddict said just add the first letter of the drive you want to use internal or external drive path (C:,E:,D;etc) in the files manager then in RCB you'll be able to see that letter and then specify your folders route.

TheCookieAddict Wrote:You have to add the paths you want to choose for the emulator in the Files Manager, after that you'll be able to select them Wink

Thanks to you both!

- Enverex - 2011-04-16

I don't seem to be able to get the addon to start at all. I go into Games >> Program Add-Ons >> Rom Collection Browser but then I just get the generic script error. The log shows:

Code:
18:07:31 T:140692120651520 M:3493969920  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:07:31 T:140692120651520 M:3493707776   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
18:07:31 T:140692120651520 M:3493707776   ERROR: Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
18:07:31 T:140692120651520 M:3493707776   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                env2 = platform.machine()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1332, in machine
                                                return uname()[4]
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1262, in uname
                                                processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1019, in _syscmd_uname
                                                rc = f.close()
                                            IOError: (10, 'No child processes')

Any ideas? I can't see anything in there that gives me the slightest clue as to what the problem is.

- malte - 2011-04-16

Enverex Wrote:Any ideas? I can't see anything in there that gives me the slightest clue as to what the problem is.
Never seen this. What is your environment (OS, XBMC, etc.)? Maybe you use a special python version on your system or something else? Can you launch other addons?

- Enverex - 2011-04-16

malte Wrote:Never seen this. What is your environment (OS, XBMC, etc.)? Maybe you use a special python version on your system or something else? Can you launch other addons?

It's a Linux (Debian Sid) machine. "python -v" reports:

Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Dec 26 2010, 22:31:48)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2

Modland works, High Voltage Sid fails due to pysqlite2 missing (despite python-pysqlite2 being installed). In fact most others seem to fail with this:

Code:
18:56:38 T:140692040132352 M:3417870336  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:56:38 T:140692040132352 M:3417845760   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
18:56:38 T:140692040132352 M:3417845760   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named pysqlite2
18:56:38 T:140692040132352 M:3417845760   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.xbmame/xbmame.py", line 28, in <module>
                                                from XBMame import XBMame
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.xbmame/resources/lib/XBMame.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from DBHelper import DBHelper
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.xbmame/resources/lib/obj/DBHelper.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
                                            ImportError: No module named pysqlite2
18:56:51 T:140692040132352 M:3417575424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:56:51 T:140692040132352 M:3417624576   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
18:56:51 T:140692040132352 M:3417624576   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named pysqlite2
18:56:51 T:140692040132352 M:3417624576   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviequiz/addon.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from quizlib.gui import MenuGui
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviequiz/quizlib/gui.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import question
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviequiz/quizlib/question.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                import db
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviequiz/quizlib/db.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
                                            ImportError: No module named pysqlite2

I'm using the xbmc package from the Debian repos (so just apt-get installed).

- Enverex - 2011-04-16

Looks like it's this, I'll let you know:

http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/Installation#The_program_doesn't_load_on_"No_module_named_pysqlite2