Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-06-14

New version available: 0.8.11

General:
  • bugfix: Edit Rom Collection dialog did not save changes in 0.8.10

previous version

- TUnified - 2011-06-15

First off, this plugin is a dream! Awesome work! However I'm having some issues trying to get it to run roms.

I've scraped my collection and all the games show correctly in the browser but when I press OK to start the game, it flickers "Launch Game <insert romname>" at the bottom left and then nothing happens.

I've tried all sorts of command line options -m, and trying to set a display -v 7, but nothing works. The same command line works just fine in an Ubuntu command line, zsnes works (albeit with sound lag).

I am a newb when it comes to XBMC but I can provide you with logs, but not sure where to look to find them.

Ubuntu 10.10
XBMC 10.1
Tried RCB 0.8.7 and the latest 0.8.11

Thanks for your help.

- malte - 2011-06-15

Yes, a log file would be good. Read this to find the file on your system.

You don't need to turn XBMC into debug mode. Just reproduce your problem and post your log via pastebin.

- TUnified - 2011-06-16

Here is my log file: I started XBMC, the Rom Collection Browser came up automatically? and tried to start a game which replicated the problem, then closed XBMC.

EDIT: not exactly sure how to post a pastebin... I have a link?

- malte - 2011-06-16

You are launching games in solo mode. This means that RCB will quit XBMC and on next XBMC startup automatically launches RCB. See here for more details. Looks like you have no execute permission for the applaunch.sh.

If you don't need this mechanism you could also set "Use emulator in solo mode" to "False".

Another thing to try if this does not help: Set Escape Emulator Cmd to "False" in Addon settings.

- TUnified - 2011-06-16

I will check out my permissions on that file and in the commands.

I think I need solo mode because without it, RCB just crashes. If I can't get the permissions squared away I'll go back to non-solo mode and post a logfile of that issue.

On another note, I did finally get Advanced Launcher working correctly and returning to XBMC correctly as well. But I sorely miss the RCB layout and design!

Thanks!

- malte - 2011-06-16

TUnified Wrote:I think I need solo mode because without it, RCB just crashes. If I can't get the permissions squared away I'll go back to non-solo mode and post a logfile of that issue.
RCB crashes? Should not be related to solo mode. Would be interesting to see a log file of it, too. Just to see if you ran into a bug that I am not aware of.

- saturn - 2011-06-21

I really like this great addon but I'm having some issues in exiting some emulators. It seems that zsnes is the only one that quits normally when I hit the esc button.

I'm also using Jnes, Project64 and Fusion (Sega). All of these emulators do not shutdown properly when I hit esc on the keyboard. Instead, I get a windowed XBMC and a running windowed emulator. I've searched for some option within the emulator to control how to exit the application.

I'm using dharma 10.1
Windows 7 x64
Latest version of RCB

Is this possible to configure?
Thanks!

- malte - 2011-06-21

Alt + F4 should work for most emulators.

- saturn - 2011-06-21

Already find out some switches for the emulators to disable GUI and go fullscreen. Most of them wil exit directly by using the esc key, except for Project 64. I've read in this thread that there are more users having problems with this emulator.

Alt-F4 will work but have to map this to a button on the remote in some sort of way. Or maybe on the controller itself.

- Tomkun - 2011-06-22

saturn Wrote:Already find out some switches for the emulators to disable GUI and go fullscreen. Most of them wil exit directly by using the esc key, except for Project 64. I've read in this thread that there are more users having problems with this emulator.

Alt-F4 will work but have to map this to a button on the remote in some sort of way. Or maybe on the controller itself.

If you are using the remote, use eventghost to find the Project 64 window and close it. Works like a charm!

- malte - 2011-06-23

New test version available: 0.9.0

General:
  • reworked Confluence skin from PAL to 720p
  • slight usability changes in Confluence skin (navigation etc.)
Game Browsing:
  • reworked game info window in Confluence skin
  • favorites function
  • search function

I started a little refactoring again and added some features that have been on my list for a long time. It is still work in progress, I just wanted to get this out in an early stage to get some feedback from brave testers. Also I changed some basic skin stuff that is only working in the default skin right now. Users of Night, Carmichael and Simplicity(?) will need to rename or remove their skin specific RCB files before testing this release (these skins should be updated in the next weeks).

Navigation changes in Confluence skin
I removed the plot scroll bar and the "Play video fullscreen" button. Now you can directly access the filter controls without jumping above these two controls anymore. The complete plot can still be viewed in the info window, fullscreen video can be started with the PLAY-button on the remote or Space on the keyboard (if you have video files available locally). Also there is no navigation between the top and the bottom slide (filter and button panel) anymore. From game list one direction always goes the filters, the other direction always goes to the buttons. Try it out, it is easier than to explain it;-)

Game info window
While reworking the info window I also made some changes to the way the images are displayed in this window. Now the info window uses the same image configuration option as available in the main window (image placing). In the dialog Edit Rom Collection -> Browse Games you can edit both settings separately. In the screenshot below you can see that the main window is configured with "gameinfobig" while the info window is configured with "gameinfosmall". Note: video playback in game info window is not yet implemented in this version.

Favorites and Search function
You can add/remove games to/from favorites via context menu. In the filter pane there is a new checkbox "Favorites" that will search only for your favorite games. You can combine the favorite search with all other filters of course. Favorites are also displayed with a star in game list (you can disable this behaviour in Addon settings).

The search button just launches the XBMC keyboard to enter a search term. The search term can occure anywhere in the game name. Searching for "Super" will find "Super Mario" as well as "Kirby Super Star". The search term is also combined with all other filter settings. To clear the search term just click the search button again and confirm it with an empty text or cancel the search.

- blinken - 2011-06-23

I've been using this program for a while now and absolutely love it! Fantastic work!

However, I am now having a slight problem. I added epsxe to my rom collection and now when I try to launch playstation games XBMC minimizes and nothing happens. Epsxe opens but the game doesn't start.

Anyone have any idea why this is?

- malte - 2011-06-24

What did you change before it started not to work? Updating the script, changing parameters, the emulator?

Please show me a log file after you tried to launch epsxe. Usually if the emulator starts but does not load the rom, there is an error with the "%ROM%" parameter in emuParams.

- RandomNinjaAtk - 2011-06-24

How do I add standalone pc games? I've searched here and on google with no results, except the description says it can. And I see a console setting of Windows when adding a new rom collection. But I do not have a emulator/rom. I'm attempting to add games like: Left 4 dead, Starcraft 2 and etc. Which have .exe's. Or can I create a folder with all the shortcuts to the games executables and add that to RCB?

I've setup the RCB for roms, and its fantastic! Kodos to the coders behind this script.