Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Voop - 2010-04-02

Your skin looks... AWESOME. so impatient to get my hand on it Smile

I can't decide myself about the watched/unwatched stuff; I really like the first one, might even make me not use a localized version :p The second one looks like the one I use (Xperience). Also, as MarkTaunton, I like the possibility to not display watched episodes/movies;

For the menu shortcut thing, in aeon, they actually create a shortcut to a favorit-ed element; Dunno if it only creates links to the file browser or if it might actually be used for genres; Here is the doc part, just in case..

Quote:3.3 Home page shortcuts
------------------------

Aeon features a larger-than-usual array of Home page shortcuts, ranging from
Movies and TV Shows to Adult and Arcade. This does stretch XBMC's abilities,
however, and the new menu options are really just shortcuts to bookmarks
specified in your sources.xml file. This file is located in XBMC's UserData
folder and follows a strict format. For example:

<music>
<default>Music</default>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path>/home/djh/Music</path>
</source>
</music>

Each media source in XBMC is defined using a separate <source></source>
section, the <name> tag being what Aeon looks for. To use its additional
Home options, you need to define sources with the following names:

OPTION SOURCE NAME
Movies Movies
TV Shows TV Shows
Clips Clips
Arcade Arcade
Adult asource
Comics Comics
Game Trailers Gametrailers
Movie Trailers Movietrailers

In addition to these default names, you can specify your own in the
Aeon->Home Shortcuts menu. This is also where you can turn individual Home
shortcuts on and off according to taste.

An example sources.xml with comments can be downloaded here:

http://www.aeoncentral.com/dropbin/example-sources.zip

Nice work on the titles too ! Hikaricore, did/will you post an archive containing all your images somewhere? Wink (Already retrieved ppics' Tongue)

Voop.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-02

Oh I'd love to figure out how Aeon does that with pulling them from Favorites.xml, no need to muck around with .xml's. Every so often I try and take a peek at how it's done but I get lost in a blizzard of <includes>...

- hikaricore - 2010-04-02

I'll post all my images when I'm finished in one large archive.
I still have about 80 or so to do before I'm done with my library.

- XBMCG33K - 2010-04-02

mcborzu Wrote:Oh I'd love to figure out how Aeon does that with pulling them from Favorites.xml, no need to muck around with .xml's. Every so often I try and take a peek at how it's done but I get lost in a blizzard of <includes>...

As does damn near everyone in that piece of shite skin ...

- MarkTaunton - 2010-04-03

XBMCG33K Wrote:As does damn near everyone in that piece of shite skin ...

Now now XBMC, us English are supposed to be the bitchy, sarcastic ones, put those claws away lol

An American being bitchy and sarcastic all in one sentence, you can tell george bush has left government.

- hikaricore - 2010-04-03

MarkTaunton Wrote:Now now XBMC, us English are supposed to be the bitchy, sarcastic ones, put those claws away lol

An American being bitchy and sarcastic all in one sentence, you can tell george bush has left government.

Wait everyone, I know how to settle this!

Your football team sucks. Smile

- paul - 2010-04-03

MarkTaunton Wrote:Now now XBMC, us English are supposed to be the bitchy, sarcastic ones, put those claws away lol

I have to agree with you on this one.
All skins have plus and minus points, to say it's shite is a little over the top.
and if it were so bad how come it's still you of the most popular skins for xbmc?

Also please leave the bitching for the british as like most things were simply the best at it Laugh

hikaricore Wrote:Wait everyone, I know how to settle this!

Your football team sucks. Smile

You think you can settle it like that?

Oh how wrong you are pal lol

We may have only won the World cup once, but has America or most nations?

Yes there are teams such as Brazil and a few others that have won more than us, but we are one of the Top teams in the World.

We just have a curse that follows us, and that is the hanagers on. Everyone in England puts the team down, non footy supporters, and footy supporters, or some, then when we do well, they suddenly get behind us and we lose.

Penalities we lose, sex scandels we lose, our football clubs pushing the players such as Wayne Rooney before an important tournament we lose.

Please remember who most of your Countries motherland is.

England.

Anyway getting back onto subject matter.

How much is that skin in the window?

paul Wrote:I have to agree with you on this one.
All skins have plus and minus points, to say it's shite is a little over the top.
and if it were so bad how come it's still you of the most popular skins for xbmc?

Also please leave the bitching for the british as like most things were simply the best at it Laugh

Paul, you have a small grasp of humour and sarcasim here, and I am so glad you are calling yourself British rather than English.

XBMC was being sarcastic, meaning that he likes the skin, but is jealous of it, or some points of the skin, such as drawing favourites into the watched, or whatever it was now.

I think that XBMC is too polite to ever delibratly call any skin or skinner shit, not in public anyway.

- XBMCG33K - 2010-04-03

LOL it's funny you guys have taken SOOOO much out of a simple comment about Aeon and (in my opinion) it's crappy qualities! LOL I am Publicly saying as I have many times before I don't like the skin nor the lack of support it's given once it's half-assed release was made.

- hikaricore - 2010-04-03

Aeon (and Horizons) showed promise, but due to real life issues (these exist believe it or not) they both pretty much died a horrible death.
That said, the community could have easily forked and fixed Aeon, this has been done somewhat but never to the extent that would be needed to revive it.
I always wonder about xbmc skins that end up this way, pretty much anyone could pick up where the authors left off but rarely does it ever happen.

- Jezz_X - 2010-04-03

Don't get me started on Horizons and its author

- paul - 2010-04-03

MarkTaunton Wrote:Paul, you have a small grasp of humour and sarcasim here, and I am so glad you are calling yourself British rather than English.

XBMC was being sarcastic, meaning that he likes the skin, but is jealous of it, or some points of the skin, such as drawing favourites into the watched, or whatever it was now.

I think that XBMC is too polite to ever delibratly call any skin or skinner shit, not in public anyway.
You do talk a load of shite it must be all the rubbish cider you drinkLaugh

- paul - 2010-04-03

hikaricore Wrote:Aeon (and Horizons) showed promise, but due to real life issues (these exist believe it or not) they both pretty much died a horrible death.
That said, the community could have easily forked and fixed Aeon, this has been done somewhat but never to the extent that would be needed to revive it.
I always wonder about xbmc skins that end up this way, pretty much anyone could pick up where the authors left off but rarely does it ever happen.
And they should not in my oppinon they should try to create something original.
Which is why i like this skin so much he's done a great job with it so far............

XBMCG33K Wrote:LOL it's funny you guys have taken SOOOO much out of a simple comment about Aeon and (in my opinion) it's crappy qualities! LOL I am Publicly saying as I have many times before I don't like the skin nor the lack of support it's given once it's half-assed release was made.

Ok so maybe he was saying that the skin was shit after all lol