Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- mcborzu - 2010-04-20

Just redundant oversight...

- hikaricore - 2010-04-21

Lol sorry. ^_^

- mcborzu - 2010-04-21

I'd rather people point stuff out than notSmile When I go thru for translating I plan to 2x ever .xml

- hikaricore - 2010-04-24

Is Global_Time a valid include or is this just a remnant of something old?
I've been trying to copy the date/time you recently added to from the home screen to a few other sections lol.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-24

It was old Alaska code I had <!-- commented out --> until I started to add it a day ago. If you're having trouble it's probably because the visibility is strict:

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_clock) + [Window.IsActive(Home) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus + !Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)] | Window.IsActive(106)]</visible>

Which roughly translates to show only on:
Home
View Options - the menu that pops up at the bottom to change views, etc...
Context Menu

Thanks Wink

Anyone else having issues with the context menu now?
I'm getting the clock and nothing else. :p I've reverted any of my changes just to be sure.

Figured it out. Kiosk mode blocks the context menus.
This is a bad thing as you can't even resume videos this way.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-24

darn, never thought of that..That'll be changed...

- ekim232 - 2010-04-28

Just gave it a good run through and it looked great. I love the angeled view. Overall the skin had very smooth animations and worked very fast. I rarely had any lag on my htpc or laptop. Very cool glow for the selected icons and a fantastic tv section which is often the most overlooked and under developed. I would possibly ditch the 16x9 view for movies, but I think it fits well on tv shows. Maybe a slight animation change on the focused icon to make ot scroll smoother and stay more centered (gives the look that it jumps to the right as of now). I like how fanart isn't the main focus for once. Did a nice job on the diffuse for those that do show. The music wall is unlike anything I have seen and I like it a lot. Overall the skin presents the media very well. It wasn't killed with options, which can be overwhelming to some.

-Animation for your menu panel within views seems to be off between the texture it lays on and the actual labels. Maybe create a group for them both and apply the animation to that group and then they would animate in the same sequence.
-A couple of spots where the clock overlaps window icons or text boxes when the menu panel is focused. That is easy to fix.

I really did not see many bugs that I am sure you are not aware of. I think you have done a fantastic job! Much appreciation for the chance to run through it.

- paul - 2010-04-28

Just updated this to where you put in the clock.
But now some things have been srewed up.
1) Clock does not show on any screen other than Home
2) Clock only showes in other views when you call up the bottom menu
(this may be by design but it is annoying)
3) In tv views I can now see the tvshow / plot info duplicated on screen and is placed over all the other on screen textures etc and is also very dark(unusable right now)
That's it for now will keep checking for further updates in the usual place.
ps it works well on my new asrock Ion 330 pro with 2gb ram(But i may start to tweak the skin a little for all ion based machines once it's completed)Wink
Keep up the great work you have been doingBig Grin

- B-Fir3 - 2010-04-28

ekim232 Wrote:Just gave it a good run through and it looked great. I love the angeled view. Overall the skin had very smooth animations and worked very fast. I rarely had any lag on my htpc or laptop. Very cool glow for the selected icons and a fantastic tv section which is often the most overlooked and under developed. [...] Overall the skin presents the media very well. It wasn't killed with options, which can be overwhelming to some.

I really did not see many bugs that I am sure you are not aware of. I think you have done a fantastic job! Much appreciation for the chance to run through it.

I gotta say I very much agree with this.

A few things I noticed: (didn't have much time to test or play with it yet really)

-If music is playing when browsing the Movie library, *Press "X" to Stop*, appears where it would normally say *Press Down to Start Trailer".
-After giving it some time, I realized I like the way the wall view focuses. Free to move around to any item on the wall. However, it would be nice for the rest of the wall to move instead of remaining static (that is the top row, bottom row, and columns on the far right side that are simply placeholders are all entirely static). Oh...just realized the placeholders are actually that. They aren't generated from the library at all and are static images. Okay, well not sure how you would change that then.
-Poster view is absolutely beautiful.
-If a show has a logo (and is being used) in Poster view in TV and there is a trailer playing it covers up the IMDB rating and the MPAA rating.
-The scrollbar in TV "files" view covers the left of the plot
-Now Playing blocks (covers) Movie/TV show info in 16x9 view

There's a good chance you already know all of these things, if so, sorry for wasting your time!

Anyway, the skin looks terrific, good job! Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-04-28

ekim232 Wrote:-Animation for your menu panel within views seems to be off between the texture it lays on and the actual labels. Maybe create a group for them both and apply the animation to that group and then they would animate in the same sequence.
-A couple of spots where the clock overlaps window icons or text boxes when the menu panel is focused. That is easy to fix.

Menu Panel - where you talking about this type of view...
Might be some spots where <include>clock</include> should not be...

- mcborzu - 2010-04-28

paul Wrote:Just updated this to where you put in the clock.
But now some things have been srewed up.
1) Clock does not show on any screen other than Home
2) Clock only showes in other views when you call up the bottom menu
(this may be by design but it is annoying)
3) In tv views I can now see the tvshow / plot info duplicated on screen and is placed over all the other on screen textures etc and is also very dark(unusable right now)

1. Just added the clock could be some things I overlooked
3. Got a screenshot?

B-Fir3 Wrote:I gotta say I very much agree with this.

A few things I noticed: (didn't have much time to test or play with it yet really)

-If music is playing when browsing the Movie library, *Press "X" to Stop*, appears where it would normally say *Press Down to Start Trailer".
-After giving it some time, I realized I like the way the wall view focuses. Free to move around to any item on the wall. However, it would be nice for the rest of the wall to move instead of remaining static (that is the top row, bottom row, and columns on the far right side that are simply placeholders are all entirely static). Oh...just realized the placeholders are actually that. They aren't generated from the library at all and are static images. Okay, well not sure how you would change that then.
-Poster view is absolutely beautiful.
-If a show has a logo (and is being used) in Poster view in TV and there is a trailer playing it covers up the IMDB rating and the MPAA rating.
-The scrollbar in TV "files" view covers the left of the plot
-Now Playing blocks (covers) Movie/TV show info in 16x9 view

There's a good chance you already know all of these things, if so, sorry for wasting your time!

Anyway, the skin looks terrific, good job! Big Grin

Oh no, I'd rather have people point stuff out than not...

Movie wall, I had fake thumbs at first but it's near impossible to get them to match, awhile back people pointed out it would probably be better just to keep them static. I might change movie wall to behave the same as Music wall...haven't decided.

Forgot about 2x checking the now playing in all windows...

Scrollbar is good on movies, forgot to 2x check TV section

Not sure I want to keep 16x9, so it's been last on my cleanup schedule...

- MarkTaunton - 2010-04-28

Front Screen
------------
I personally have to say that I do not like the menu at the left hand side of the page, in list order. Personally I would have to say that if basic text, then I prefer it length ways, and customable to have it top middle or bottom.

This is my bug bear with any skin really, so nothing to do with Night as a skin.

Movies
------

Poster View - I am not a fan of slanted walls and much prefer a straight line of boxes, I'm not sure if you can change this in settings but again I hate slanted view in any skin.

Wall View - Wall view is nice, apart from when you have a movie at the end of the wall and the image is too small to see. Maybe if the cover jumped to the front of the screen, so that you saw it larger, or if it moved further to the left so it was more visable.

File View - Obviously this is just a basic view but maybe a small cover and if possible add the movie information somewhere on the page.

Panel View - Nicely done, and fills up the screen well. This would be nice I think if it was touch screen compatible, only downside is obviously having to keep scrolling down, for a big movie collection, obviously this takes a lot of time.

Showcase View - This is always my favourite view, mainly because it is more easier to view a range of movies. Good use of screen, but on my 37 inch, if too long a writer list or studio name, then it goes off the screen.

16 x 9 View - I like the view, but so far have not tried this in Genre or for a more niche search.

TV Shows
--------

Poster View - The images in the boxes are distorted and just does not look right.

Lanscape View - Again the images of the shows are distorted, but nice if you want to slowly scroll through.

File View - Genres can sometimes go off the right hand side of the screen. Again just a very basic view.

Panel View - Again the main boxes for the shows, the graphics are distorted.

16 x 9 View - Excellent for TV shows I think

Banner Panel - One of my more favourable views.

Videos
------

Despertaly needs 16 x 9 as a view. Particually for music videos.

** Conclusion **
----------------

A nice basic skin, obviously a few small glitches such as sometimes a logo can be distorted, and a couple of menus can be shown. Sadly not my favourite skin, a bit too basic for my tastes. The 16 x 9 and Jukebox on music are the features that I like the most with Night.

I may play with the settings, and strip the menu's down and only have what I want to show, e.g TV shows and use it for one area.

As near as damm it as you can make it, very few bugs, I have no problems navigating around with it.

Well done for all your effort and hard work.

Regards

Mark