Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- paul - 2010-03-30

hikaricore Wrote:I'm sorry Mark but I have to say that you're using the most god awful expressions ever known to man.
Everyone else was thinking it but was afraid to say so. To put it gracefully, stop acting like an alien. ^_^

Nicely put mate, but just bear in mind he's most likely drunk and will not remember
half of what he has said here in the cold light of dayLaugh
But please please do keep this view pretty much as it is as it really is cool http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/n..._landscape.png

But saying that you must ultimately decide what feels right your self.
Keep up the fantastic work you have done thus far, I just hope it will run well on my
Asrock Ion 330HT/W7 when it comesBig Grin

- MarkTaunton - 2010-03-30

hikaricore Wrote:I'm sorry Mark but I have to say that you're using the most god awful expressions ever known to man.
Everyone else was thinking it but was afraid to say so. To put it gracefully, stop acting like an alien. ^_^

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing hikaricore, it is what people who wore uniform in two World Wars fought to protect.

It is what ex service men like myself and currently serving forces are trying to protect in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Personally I wouldn't have used the word alien, because I mean have you ever met an alien? If you have not, then how do you know what they act like?

But anyway getting back to the skin in question.

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-03-30

Alien means anyone who is from somewhere else. Aren't immigrants in the U.S, officially referred to as aliens?

D0nR0sa Wrote:Alien means anyone who is from somewhere else. Aren't immigrants in the U.S, officially referred to as aliens?

Indeed they are, usually illegal aliens, rather than just aliens, but that is going off topic now so let's all enjoy the Night, rather than borderline flaming.

Peace and chill out.

- hikaricore - 2010-03-30

I wasn't really flaming, paul got the joke. :p
You seemed like you were levelheaded enough to get a laugh out of it, I apologize if you felt it necessary to take offense.

- paul - 2010-03-30

hikaricore Wrote:I wasn't really flaming, paul got the joke. :p
You seemed like you were levelheaded enough to get a laugh out of it, I apologize if you felt it necessary to take offense.
Your right i fully understood and i did not think you were flameing him.
It was more a case of stop using awfull expressions.
Besides i thought all americans were Aliens I know ohbuma isLaugh
Right back on topic really looking forward to road testing this on my new pc
when it arrives. So if ya want a tester i can test it on windows 7 or xp

- ValiantXI - 2010-03-30

I will also gladly test it and give feedback if you need it. Its a win win situation. You get some help and I get a copy of the skin early haha. Big Grin

hikaricore Wrote:I wasn't really flaming, paul got the joke. :p

I never took offense, but just wanted to get the topic of conversation back on track, and back to the skin itself.

If I took offense, trust me, a lighting strike is sex on legs compared too me Wink

- hikaricore - 2010-03-31

Thought it might be worth a mention that my cleartitle collection is up to 305 images.
There are probably 8-12 that aren't very good, and a couple that mcborzu had already made that I either edited or remade entirely.
I have a lot of obscure series and anime so it's been an insane process. Sadly I've still not completed them for my entire collection lol.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-31

Super cool, I haven't heard of 40% of those...I was trying "Big Bang Theory" that was a hard one to find without it being soo blended into some background.

Did you notice or use some images from NineT9mustang?

- hikaricore - 2010-03-31

Never even knew they existed, I see a few in there that i could have used and a few more I might replace with. >.>
Big bang theory was a pain in the ass, I had to use the really old version of the logo as it was the only clean one I could find.
Due to its vertical size it still turned out worse than I'd have liked but still not too bad.

- ppic - 2010-03-31

you can add mine from previous post, better to retrieve them Big Grin

also, as for clearart, i'll do some anime too cause i've got lot too :d

- mcborzu - 2010-04-01

paul Wrote:Keep up the fantastic work you have done thus far, I just hope it will run well on my
Asrock Ion 330HT/W7 when it comesBig Grin

Easily...if you think about it there is not much textures and whatnot. I was bored a gave a quick test without optimizing anything and it ran pretty good an the XBOX, though ran out of memory cause most of my fanart is 720/1080. I could see with some minor tweaks and fanart off it should be able to run on XBOX. Should have no problems with those Ions though.

- MarkTaunton - 2010-04-01

Xbox is dead 23% of the poll that was posted somewhere, used old xboxs. The old xboxes will eventually die out.

You are creating a new skin, and so are everyone else, and things need to move on.

I keep hearing regarding peoples worries about these Ions, and although I can understand about money worries in life, but chances are if you cannot afford something, then you download pirated copies of this that and the other.

So the money saved not supporting the film or game industry, more than makes up for not having the money to buy a decentish PC.

I didnt have the money to buy my PC, originally I thought I could build a PC for £500 for a decent spec, in the end, I ended up spending a grand on an i7 920 and I washed up pots and pans to help build it, in the end and this included my touch screen PC.

I had one spec PC build, then discovered that I could build better for another £20 or $20, so I waited, and it took me 3 months ish to end up with what I wanted.

XBMC is the future, please do not get dragged down by the past.

There are enough basic skins, that support the Xbox and Ion comfortably.

Do not build for the past with today's designs, they have the option of upgrading, and chances are, you are building your design on today#s modern technology so go with it.

Don't let them hold you back.

- paul - 2010-04-01

MarkTaunton Wrote:Xbox is dead 23% of the poll that was posted somewhere, used old xboxs. The old xboxes will eventually die out.

You are creating a new skin, and so are everyone else, and things need to move on.

I keep hearing regarding peoples worries about these Ions, and although I can understand about money worries in life, but chances are if you cannot afford something, then you download pirated copies of this that and the other.

So the money saved not supporting the film or game industry, more than makes up for not having the money to buy a decentish PC.

I didnt have the money to buy my PC, originally I thought I could build a PC for £500 for a decent spec, in the end, I ended up spending a grand on an i7 920 and I washed up pots and pans to help build it, in the end and this included my touch screen PC.

I had one spec PC build, then discovered that I could build better for another £20 or $20, so I waited, and it took me 3 months ish to end up with what I wanted.

XBMC is the future, please do not get dragged down by the past.

There are enough basic skins, that support the Xbox and Ion comfortably.

Do not build for the past with today's designs, they have the option of upgrading, and chances are, you are building your design on today#s modern technology so go with it.

Don't let them hold you back.
I understand what your saying regarding moving with the times, but to spend over a £1000 on a pc that will ultimately be used for playing stolen films and tv shows is totaly overkill not to mention you will need your own power station to fire it up.
For me all i need is a small pc that is silent and cheap to run and will only be used to playback my own dvd rips via xbmc, my only hope this skin and any other skinners in the future bear these nettops in mind when creating there skins as i am certain the vast majority of users will either be using these or older slower systems.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.
I just hope this skin does not go the same route as some other 1080 skins as i feel it's not needed for a mediaplayer skin.
Well that's just my oppinion