Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Livin - 2011-01-24

Hitcher,
Can you include a settings feature to home menu items? Maybe 3 or 4? I'd like to have a few items directly on the Home menu to make it easier for kids and guests to use.

Also, a question... can I increase the font sizes used in the views or will it mess up the alignment? I use mainly the list/media info style views and the text is very small for my bad eyes.

thx

- Hitcher - 2011-01-24

I'd be much easier for you do just edit the home links yourself - I'm sure there are some guides on the forum to help you.

- AMIGAKI1980 - 2011-01-24

Good morning hitcher loving ALASKA REVISITED but two small problems. Yesterday after a new install i scraped some music all was fine till i tryed my whole libary and it wouldn't scrape any an also it wont download the clear logos it finds them for all my tv shows just wont download them. Any input would be greatly appreciated

- Zeflash - 2011-01-24

Hey, I haven't been following this thread too closely, but at some point in the updates I had the video overlay looking dark instead of white, and I thought it was quite nice, less obtrusive.

Sadly it's now back to white only. I assume it was related to some other themes, but I like the default one. Is there a way to get those back somehow?
Thanks

- Dina - 2011-01-24

Hello,

Been using your skin (default skin) for a week now, with great pleasure. Hats off to you.

But there are two things that I can't get to work, and that is to play music randomly. I can choose random song by pressing down on music on the homescreen, but then I can't skip to the next song by pressing next (I can press enter again to select another random song, however). Is there a way to add this (next instead of ok)?

Also, I can't pick a random song while being in my music folder or in a playlist I created with all the songs on my HTPC. Is there a way to add this?

- Hitcher - 2011-01-24

AMIGAKI1980 Wrote:Good morning hitcher loving ALASKA REVISITED but two small problems. Yesterday after a new install i scraped some music all was fine till i tryed my whole libary and it wouldn't scrape any an also it wont download the clear logos it finds them for all my tv shows just wont download them. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Alaska Revisited doesn't useclear art hence the reason it doesn't download any.

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=False,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick

- Hitcher - 2011-01-24

Dina Wrote:Hello,

Been using your skin (default skin) for a week now, with great pleasure. Hats off to you.

But there are two things that I can't get to work, and that is to play music randomly. I can choose random song by pressing down on music on the homescreen, but then I can't skip to the next song by pressing next (I can press enter again to select another random song, however). Is there a way to add this (next instead of ok)?

Also, I can't pick a random song while being in my music folder or in a playlist I created with all the songs on my HTPC. Is there a way to add this?

That is only designed to play one random song, movie or episode. If you want continuous songs simply use Party Mode.

- Metsadah - 2011-01-25

I enjoy your skin every day, and I like the coverflow that you added although I would like to see a version with maybe more info, or larger covers.

I also like the colors and themes, but I find myself never using them because everytime I go for a darker theme, the main menu just doesnt look right. I think it would be better if the edges in the main menu would be a little bit blurry, now the colors just don't match. It looks great with the coverflow and other viewtypes though.

- sialivi - 2011-01-26

Hitcher,
Steps to reproduce a small bug in the Info List viewtype:
1) Enter Movies
2) Press "i" to go to the info screen
3) Press "Up" to highlight an actor
4) Press "Backspace" to return to the Movie list
Result: The highlighted Movie no longer switches between Name/Genre and Plot, instead both are displayed on top of each other.

Personally I was never a fan of the text sliding in and out, would have preferred the text fading in and out.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-26

Finally got my XBMC HTPC running and the first thing I did was install this skin!! Thanks for the directions on how to install from your repo. I SSHd into my box and used wget.

I noticed that the Audio Mixer app does not let me mute channels. Also, if you move to quickly between icons the animations seem juddery. Is there any way to make the animation smoother (or quicker to begin with) so this does not occur.

I love the theme, as I have said before, and these are the only things I notice right now!

(curious to hear, is there some sort of hardware monitoring that can be added as an option for the upper left corner, opposite of the time, to show general info about your machine. this option would be nice to see temps, RAM, CPU)

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-26

Here's an interesting quirk, and I don't know if it's the skin, XBMC, or what. I did a fresh install of my music collection, and it imported everything properly. In wall square mode, the artist (if available) would have a picture on the upper right, and there would be text (if available) about the album immediately below it. For the past two days, the text is all there, and there's a large space where the artist 'used to be', but no pic.

I'm not sure what's up here, but it took over four hours to scrape my music collection, and I live in fear to have to do it again.

Any ideas?

- Hitcher - 2011-01-26

I'm confused because this is Wall Square for Artists-

EDIT: Unless you meant Panel mode for Albums and there does seem to be a problem there.

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-26

Hitcher Wrote:EDIT: Unless you meant Panel mode for Albums and there does seem to be a problem there.

My bad. Yes, I use the Albums view. I *might* have used the Artists view, if it had Panel View available, but it doesn't seem to. Is there a reason why? I would think having the same 'landscape' art there would be a boon.

- sialivi - 2011-01-26

Hitcher,
Movies that are missing their Plot doesn't display correctly in the Info List. When the movie is highlighted in the list, neither name, genre or runtime is shown if the plot field is blank.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-26

Cheers, fixed.