Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-01-28

It's fixed and being uploaded now.

- gekados - 2011-01-28

Hitcher Wrote:It's fixed and being uploaded now.

Cheers Smile

- sialivi - 2011-01-28

Hitcher,
In case you missed it, I reported a slight navigation inconsistency here. Sorry for repeating myself, I always do that if I suspect something might have been missed in the shuffle.

- JeffreyAlan - 2011-01-29

I am having a horrible time with what I think is a bug for a few versions now.

I use custom pictures for my home screen icons, and all of a sudden TV SHOWS, WEATHER and SETTINGS icons are blank. I try to CLEAR them back to default and they are STILL blank. All the other home icons I can change as normal (they too are custom). I had all of the above custom for months, they just all of a sudden are blank. Any ideas?

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-29

JeffreyAlan Wrote:I am having a horrible time with what I think is a bug for a few versions now.

I use custom pictures for my home screen icons, and all of a sudden TV SHOWS, WEATHER and SETTINGS icons are blank. I try to CLEAR them back to default and they are STILL blank. All the other home icons I can change as normal (they too are custom). I had all of the above custom for months, they just all of a sudden are blank. Any ideas?

This Happened to me once. Try moving/renaming your images folder and then select them again.

- t2ffn - 2011-01-30

Not sure if its skin related, but I have not made any changes to XBMC so not sure why it has started happening, but if I go to an album, start playing a song, it repeats, rather than playing the next song. I checked and the repeat function was on, but I have never set it.

I took it off and all ok.

Skin has updated (auto-updated) and now repeat is back on?

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-30

Hitcher,

Something that's been bothering me for a while now, on my main box when in banner view xbmc doesn't seem to preload the images so when I scroll down to the next show the border is there and then the banner then loads into it in anywhere between a millisecond and a couple of seconds.

I know this seems fairly petty but it really bugs me and the annoying thing is that it doesn't do it on any of my other lower powered machines.

If you've got any ideas it would be much appreciated.

- fr500 - 2011-01-30

Hi

is there anyway to disable Icons in horizontal list home layout?

- r3skyline - 2011-01-30

not sure what has happened, but i had to do a clean install of windows 7, and when i re set up my library, xbmc / alaska is not using the folder thumbnail pics for the seasons.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i use media center master and this has never happened before. Undecided

- sialivi - 2011-01-30

Hitcher,
Minor bug in how the number of episodes are listed in the Info List. The total number of episodes for a show changes depending on if Watched episodes are Visible or Hidden:

Watched - Visible: 50 episodes - 35 Unwatched.
Watched - Hidden: 35 episodes - 35 Unwatched.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-30

JeffreyAlan Wrote:I am having a horrible time with what I think is a bug for a few versions now.

Try deleting your texture.db.
t2ffn Wrote:Not sure if its skin related, but I have not made any changes to XBMC so not sure why it has started happening, but if I go to an album, start playing a song, it repeats, rather than playing the next song. I checked and the repeat function was on, but I have never set it.

I took it off and all ok.

Skin has updated (auto-updated) and now repeat is back on?
The skin can't adjust these options.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Hitcher,

Something that's been bothering me for a while now, on my main box when in banner view xbmc doesn't seem to preload the images so when I scroll down to the next show the border is there and then the banner then loads into it in anywhere between a millisecond and a couple of seconds.

I know this seems fairly petty but it really bugs me and the annoying thing is that it doesn't do it on any of my other lower powered machines.

If you've got any ideas it would be much appreciated.
Sounds like it's taking longer to load cached thumbs then your other machines.
fr500 Wrote:Hi

is there anyway to disable Icons in horizontal list home layout?
Edit the Includes_HomeList.xml.
r3skyline Wrote:not sure what has happened, but i had to do a clean install of windows 7, and when i re set up my library, xbmc / alaska is not using the folder thumbnail pics for the seasons.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i use media center master and this has never happened before. Undecided
That's because you've lost all your season images - use the context menu on seasons to set the season thumb.
sialivi Wrote:Hitcher,
Minor bug in how the number of episodes are listed in the Info List. The total number of episodes for a show changes depending on if Watched episodes are Visible or Hidden:

Watched - Visible: 50 episodes - 35 Unwatched.
Watched - Hidden: 35 episodes - 35 Unwatched.
Thanks, fixed.

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-30

Hitcher Wrote:Sounds like it's taking longer to load cached thumbs then your other machines.

That's what I thought but everything else loads immediately, there's no delay with any of the other image types. And if I do it the old fashioned way with the banners as folder.jpg then there its fine as well.

It just confuses me as to why its just the one image type that loads slow. I've messed about putting a faster hard drive in, added RAM. Reinstalled everything. My ridiculously underpowered MacBook Air loads them immediately so I cant understand why I'm having trouble with a much more powerful machine.

- r3skyline - 2011-01-30

Hitcher Wrote:Try deleting your texture.db.

The skin can't adjust these options.

Sounds like it's taking longer to load cached thumbs then your other machines.

Edit the Includes_HomeList.xml.

That's because you've lost all your season images - use the context menu on seasons to set the season thumb.

Thanks, fixed.

but im looking right at my folders and all season images are there. i dont get whats up. this didnt happen until the updates to alaska started rolling this past week.

id rather not have to set all the season images myself as it was automated before.

- JeffreyAlan - 2011-01-30

Hitcher Wrote:Try deleting your texture.db.

No dice. I can't even get the Alaska default home screen images for TV, PICS and SETTINGS to show up. AHHHHH

- Hitcher - 2011-01-30

JeffreyAlan Wrote:No dice. I can't even get the Alaska default home screen images for TV, PICS and SETTINGS to show up. AHHHHH

You can check the paths to them in your guisettings.xml.