Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- ext23 - 2010-07-06

where did the old rialto theme/colours go? is there any way to add them to alaska revisited? i have an older copy of the alaska theme backed up somewhere....

- ext23 - 2010-07-06

a couple of other quick noob questions (this is the first time i've used a post-dharma build of XBMC)...

- my studio icons aren't showing up...?
- is there any way to add unicode support? i got a bunch of foreign films. seems like this won't be happening.
- how do i remove some icons from the home window (programs, weather, etc)?

- mudstuff - 2010-07-06

ext23 Wrote:where did the old rialto theme/colours go? is there any way to add them to alaska revisited? i have an older copy of the alaska theme backed up somewhere....

Code is different, perhaps someone will update it to work with Revisited one day but not yet. Alternatively, someone might adapt Alaska to work with 10.5 as there are lots of view mods as well.

ext23 Wrote:a couple of other quick noob questions (this is the first time i've used a post-dharma build of XBMC)...

- is there any way to add unicode support? i got a bunch of foreign films. seems like this won't be happening.

Don't know why your icons aren't showing, mine are. Try redownloading and make sure you're using a new build. No unicode unless it gets ported from Alaska at some point by someone else,
Removal of icons is something I'd like too but Hitcher has been trying to keep the code light and make changes he wants as this is his personal version and not "officially supported" (though Hitcher has made lots of improvements for which I'm sure we're all grateful). Much in the same way that there's not a panel view as I guess Hitcher doesn't really use it (I tend to use file view mostly for movies).

Hitcher - do you have any plans/is it easy to make the movie landscape view function like the TV one - make the landscape picture different to the fanart one in the background? I've always liked the idea of the landscape view as it gives some good info without having to go into the info view and back to start the film. I don't like that it is the same image as the fanart though.

Is this possible?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-06

efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

sorry but its me again. In my last post i told you that it seems to be a problem to see the movie cover/poster in the Information view. You answered, there isn't one ...

But today i had a little time, so i did an test setup. I used the latest XBMC SVN V31632 and your Revisited skin from your SVN an hour ago. I made an clean install, first with the confluence skin and everything works fine. In the movie information Screen the cover is shown. When i only switch to Alaska Revisited, the same setup shows no Cover in the info screen.

I use the Windows Version of XBMC and tried different cover/poster filenames like poster.tbn, poster.jpg, folder.tbn, folder.jpg, movie.tbn, etc. Everything works under Confluence but not under your skin.

But when i enter the File View the Cover is shown. Sad

I hope you have an idea.
Efty
Posting a debug lod might help otherwise I don't have a clue because I'm using $INFO[ListItem.Icon] exactly the same as Confluence to display the scrapped poster.

darkestbeaker Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

Think I may have found a bug and I thought I would mention it to you. I noticed that when you toggle 'Hide Music' both 'Hide Music' and 'Hide Movies' change. Did a little poking around in the XML files and found the following.
Thanks for spotting that one.

mudstuff Wrote:Hitcher - do you have any plans/is it easy to make the movie landscape view function like the TV one - make the landscape picture different to the fanart one in the background? I've always liked the idea of the landscape view as it gives some good info without having to go into the info view and back to start the film. I don't like that it is the same image as the fanart though.

Is this possible?
It's completely possible but as there are no Landscape images available, like there are for TV Shows, it would require a lot of work for the user to create there for each movie.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-06

ext23 Wrote:a couple of other quick noob questions (this is the first time i've used a post-dharma build of XBMC)...

If you're not using a media manager then movies with multiple studios will no longer work unfortunately.

You can try replacing the current font files with you're own (or Alaska's) but this wont be without alignment problems.

Not available in this version.

- efty.edge - 2010-07-06

Hello Hitcher,

thanx for your answer. Her is the log of the missing Cover in Info View. Hope this helps.

http://pastebin.com/kw4uh5nz

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-06

That's not a full debug log - you need to enable debug logging in the Settings.

Which viewmode are you using and how have you scrapped the info?

- Elbert - 2010-07-06

Hey Hitcher,

Thanks a lot for this awesome skin.

Found a small typo; in alaska's settings panel where you can hide/show submenus it says 'hide reset' instead of 'hide reboot'.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-06

Elbert Wrote:Hey Hitcher,

Thanks a lot for this awesome skin.

Found a small typo; in alaska's settings panel where you can hide/show submenus it says 'hide reset' instead of 'hide reboot'.

Cheers.

- efty.edge - 2010-07-06

Hi Hitcher,

Here we go: Log for 'No Poster in Info'

Last Time i used the Debug in the Alaska settings and now the one in the System Settings. Hope its right.

I normally use the two different Poster views. My favorite is the one without the loop. But a few seconds ago i tried the Fanart view. Here a poster is shown. In the poster views not ...

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-06

As I thought, there's nothing there that helps.

What happens when you select 'Choose thumb' from the Info screen.

- efty.edge - 2010-07-06

Hi again,

i'm terrible sorry but it seems to be a self made problem. Blush I used the last minutes and tested a little bit around. So here is my fault and the solution.

I'm German, so i copied the german strings i made for the pre dahrma revisited in to the latest one. When i activate them and switch to the info screen, the poster is not visible.

Only after setting up the english strings and restart xbmc, everything works fine. Nod

So i will translate your english strings later this week into german and post it.

Sorry, but i'm human ... Wink

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-07

That explains it then because I use a stringcompare so the right sized image is used.

[BUG REPORT] Window Overlapping - kin0kin - 2010-07-07

[BUG REPORT] Window Overlapping
This was found when adding a source. I did not test every window thoroughly.

Videos -> Add video source > Browse -> simply add a source

Now highlight the path and hit enter. The keyboard menu shows up overlapping the bottom window. I believe a background for the keyboard menu would solve this problem.

[BUG REPORT] Double Tapping action is stuttering
I believe double tapping a directional key/remote button is suppose to make it skip quickly. However, I believe the keystroke response time needed is set too short. If you hit any direction too quickly, the skip action will try to kick in resulting in a choppy motion/stuttering.

This can be recreated in either music, wallview, or in the default home menu.

A quick criticism is that I find the picture layout to look great but it's not quite as practical as it looks. An option for the traditional wall view would be appreciated.

- mudstuff - 2010-07-07

mudstuff Wrote:Hitcher - do you have any plans/is it easy to make the movie landscape view function like the TV one - make the landscape picture different to the fanart one in the background? I've always liked the idea of the landscape view as it gives some good info without having to go into the info view and back to start the film. I don't like that it is the same image as the fanart though.

Is this possible?

Hitcher Wrote:It's completely possible but as there are no Landscape images available, like there are for TV Shows, it would require a lot of work for the user to create there for each movie.

I'd be happy to make some for my collection of about 150 movies so far and could share them and see if the idea takes off? Initially, I could just resize all the fanart on TVDB to 408x230 and use a different one - I just don't like seeing the same image in the background as on the thumbnail so by batch resizing and renaming to landscape.jpg in their own folder wouldn't take too long. I could then look at making some where the movie name is in the thumb if people prefer that, sort of a mini, wide poster and similar to the TV landscape view.

I'd be happy to take this on and give back since I don't know how to skin or do anything else particularly useful (related to XBMC Big Grin)

Perhaps I should start a thread and see if others would like this option to see if it would be worht your while doing this (or providing me the details and I have a stab at it)?