Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

Ah yeah, I forgot to change that to 'Currently' and also the pulsing ! was just a test that I forgot to change back.

I'll get them fixed for the next update.

Also, it seems that XBMC will not notify of updates for my repo (presumably because it's not in the official repo) so you'll have to manually 'Force refresh' on 'Hitcher's Repository' periodically. Unless someone's had the 'Update available' message of course but I haven't.

- k1282 - 2010-07-10

Hitcher Wrote:Sounds like the compressed textures problem some of us have been having (myself included) so you'll need to add <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> to your advancedsettings.xml

Hi Hitcher,
thanks for the hint. wall you looks fine now.

but there is still one problem outstandig:
when going into movie details, my movies all seem to have 1-3 minutes runtime. i remember that it was not like hat before when using an earlier alaska revisited version.

also: i installed youtube and apple trailers plugin but can't find these plugins in the alaska skin although they are set to "enabled".

any idea?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

Sorry, forgot to reply about that one - it's because XBMC now uses minutes only so you'll have to update your movies.

If you use EMM (and have the latest version) simply update the Meta Data only.

- k1282 - 2010-07-10

Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, forgot to reply about that one - it's because XBMC now uses minutes only so you'll have to update your movies.

If you use EMM (and have the latest version) simply update the Meta Data only.

u r a genius. it worked. and it was easy with emm as well.

maybe u missed my edited text:
i installed youtube and apple trailers plugin but can't find these plugins in the alaska skin although they are set to "enabled".

if i get this one running, the skin will be my chuck norris in my skin list Wink

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

Videos > submenu > Video Add-ons

Alternatively add a direct link to the Videos submenu for each one in the Settings.

EDIT: Video on how to do this in the first post.

- andy204 - 2010-07-10

humm, this skin is awesome as usual. Smile but i cannot find something specific..

when i am moving through my videos (not library mode) and i want to delete a folder/file and when opening dialog "DialogContextMenu.xml" i cannot find "delete" anymore.

i am not sure if delete was in this menu before ( i switched from appletv remote (pressing menu button long) - there was a delete) and no i do have a mce remote.

i know i am looking like a noob, but i really cant find "delete" Sad
any ideas?

-andy

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

It's in the Context Menu for me and the skin doesn't control what's displayed in it anyway.

EDIT: Have you disabled 'File renaming and deletion'?

- pleonasmaticul - 2010-07-10

Hello,
Anyone got any ideea why all my frames for episode / posters look like this?

i just installed Alaska Revised for the first time and I am running the latest night-build of XBMC. The png files for the frames look perfect in Windows, but inside XBMC they look "twisted" Sad

- andy204 - 2010-07-10

Hitcher Wrote:It's in the Context Menu for me and the skin doesn't control what's displayed in it anyway.

EDIT: Have you disabled 'File renaming and deletion'?

Hitcher Wrote:It's in the Context Menu for me and the skin doesn't control what's displayed in it anyway.

just seend your edit.. humm. damn. i started with a fresh profile and forgot that setting...

i do look stupid now!

but thanks for the help! Smile

- Hitcher - 2010-07-11

pleonasmaticul Wrote:Hello,
Anyone got any ideea why all my frames for episode / posters look like this?

i just installed Alaska Revised for the first time and I am running the latest night-build of XBMC. The png files for the frames look perfect in Windows, but inside XBMC they look "twisted" Sad

k1282 Wrote:hi,
just discovered this skin and i am currently enjoying the simplistic and snappy design. i am happy with the skin bt somehow the wall view of my music is brken:
i can see my music albums in wall view but the whole view has white semi-transparent bars layed ove the view. it's strange. anyone else has the same experiences?
Try this -
Hitcher Wrote:Sounds like the compressed textures problem some of us have been having (myself included) so you'll need to add <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> to your advancedsettings.xml

- quebert - 2010-07-11

I'm really liking this skin a lot, I know the answer (hard!) but has anyone successfully added an item to the main screen in menu 1 mode? I love how that one looks, and if I could figure out how to add a few additional items to it I'd be in total heaven.

- MaDDoGo - 2010-07-11

Hi Hitcher,

here is the addons.xml infos located to Spanish:

Quote: <summary lang="es">Un skin de XBMC creado por Hitcher</summary>
<description lang="es">Alaska Revisited - basado en el diseño original de Alaska por Duncan Harris.[CR]Para más información sobre la configuración de los banners y los landscapes ve a:[CR]- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70302</description>
<disclaimer lang="es">La fuente del Skin no es Unicode, por tanto puede que algunos carácteres no se muestren correctamente.</disclaimer>

I'll post the strings.xml later.

Greetings,

MaDDoGo

- pleonasmaticul - 2010-07-11

Hitcher Wrote:Try this -
Sounds like the compressed textures problem some of us have been having (myself included) so you'll need to add <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> to your advancedsettings.xml
Worked like a charm!
Thank you very much.
PS: Just as a suggestion, maybe it would be best to mention this in the first post.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-11

pleonasmaticul Wrote:Worked like a charm!
Thank you very much.
PS: Just as a suggestion, maybe it would be best to mention this in the first post.

It's not a skin problem though it's a graphic card one -

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9269

You'd also see it with your fanart if you enabled compressed textured using this advancedsetting (although you wouldn't now you're using <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> of course) -

<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

- Hitcher - 2010-07-11

quebert Wrote:I'm really liking this skin a lot, I know the answer (hard!) but has anyone successfully added an item to the main screen in menu 1 mode? I love how that one looks, and if I could figure out how to add a few additional items to it I'd be in total heaven.
Not easy.

Why not simply make use of the custom submenu buttons - that's what they're for after all.
MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

here is the addons.xml infos located to Spanish:

I'll post the strings.xml later.

Greetings,

MaDDoGo
Thanks.