Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- meridius - 2010-07-12

ahh right sorry all new to this as this is the first time i have used xbmc but i am learning.

used to use mediaportal but moved over to this becasue i loved the look of this skin and loving both the skin and xbmc.

i am not using the revisited version as i dont think i have the new xbmc build is it easy to install the build and whats new in this skin over the older one ?

cheers booth

- efty.edge - 2010-07-12

Hi Hitcher,

thank you for adding the CURRENTLY translation string of the weather lable on Home 1. In the original english strings.xml the lable is written like

Code:
<string id="40157">Currently </string>

with an BLANK at the end. In the german translation file the Blank is missing.

I added it in my translation file, but i think it's better to add an Blank in the source between the string and the temperature.

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-12

Done for the next update.

Important info - Hitcher - 2010-07-13

Found out why my repo wasn't sending update messages - I wasn't using the md5 checksum which is how XBMC knows there's an update.

So if you've downloaded my repo zip before please re-download and install it again.

xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip

Thanks.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-13

LaughObviously I am the only one who cannot get this skin to work. have tried both methods - extract to c:\Program Files\XBMC\addons. Suggested method - browse to System\AddOns\Install from ZIP file (however from this I am only presented with my 'F' drive which is my DVD Drive. I am unable to navigate anywhere from this screen . Will provide a debug log if required.

Oh and using svn r31746 (12.07.10) build, though previous one in this thread should suffice as it is showing the exact same behaviour as then (Also tried a complete unistall/reinstall of xbmc). Left the skin install running overnight as well but this morning nothing had downloaded.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-13

It doesn't go in the XBMC program folder; it goes in you XBMC user folder.

If you're not seeing any more drives then you can use the File Manager to add more.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-13

Hitcher Wrote:It doesn't go in the XBMC program folder; it goes in you XBMC user folder.

If you're not seeing any more drives then you can use the File Manager to add more.

Sorry Hitch - that's where I had it - my bad copy and paste. Problem however is now resolved - completely uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled xbmc and skin now dowlnoads and installs correctly - you figure?

- Radikaltimes - 2010-07-13

Hitcher Wrote:Found out why my repo wasn't sending update messages - I wasn't using the md5 checksum which is how XBMC knows there's an update.

So if you've downloaded my repo zip before please re-download and install it again.

xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip

Thanks.

Hitcher..
any idea about this error?
ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0xb442c498) http://xbmc-repo-hitchers.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/skin.alaska.revisited/skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.6.zip

regular alaska was able to be downloaded and install .. no revisited ..

thank you for a great skin and for your help Smile

- Hitcher - 2010-07-13

That could have been when I was updating, I've just downloaded the latest version on my HTPC ok.

- Radikaltimes - 2010-07-13

ok i will give it another try ..

but it seems like is trying to pull the file skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.6.zip

but that file doesnt exist, now is replaced by skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.8.zip

***Edit*** .. after renaming Addons.db ... i was able to pull the lastest file .. i guess my addon database was corrupted. Smile

- meridius - 2010-07-13

hi all

i was just woundering can you have Catorgies in the movie lib ? eg blu-ray and dvds ? can this be done.

also can it be done on the home screen so when you are on movies tab you can use the arrow keys up or down to select Catorgies thta would be a good option to have eg

blu-ray
dvds
mkvs
xvids
all

just woundering if this is possablie

cheers

oh what is different in the ew skins as i dont have the latest on as i can not seem to use the addon option

- furii - 2010-07-13

Radikaltimes Wrote:ok i will give it another try ..

but it seems like is trying to pull the file skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.6.zip

but that file doesnt exist, now is replaced by skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.8.zip

***Edit*** .. after renaming Addons.db ... i was able to pull the lastest file .. i guess my addon database was corrupted. Smile

it could just have been that xbmc hadn't checked to see if there was an update yet. if select hitcher's (or any) repo and bring up the context menu there is an option to force refresh.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-13

meridius Wrote:hi all

i was just woundering can you have Catorgies in the movie lib ? eg blu-ray and dvds ? can this be done.

also can it be done on the home screen so when you are on movies tab you can use the arrow keys up or down to select Catorgies thta would be a good option to have eg

blu-ray
dvds
mkvs
xvids
all

just woundering if this is possablie

cheers

oh what is different in the ew skins as i dont have the latest on as i can not seem to use the addon option
Look up 'Smart Playlists'.

- meridius - 2010-07-14

thanks.

just got a problem i ahve added a few shows and whenyou press i for info the shows info comes up but i have just added some more and now the i does not work on the new added shows.

can anyone help me on this as the new shows i added today will not work when you hit i but the other shows i added laast night do work ? can not understand this

- Hitcher - 2010-07-14

Tried restarting XBMC?