Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-08-08

kjuu Wrote:I've tried to use the strings and have successfully translated the ones that I use (about half of them) but my guess is that there is something wrong with xbmc's regular swedish translation when using the alaska revisited.

When choosing which sorting option (up on movies/series view) the text i missing and all the other texts are shifted to the left. Looks weird and it seems that some text is missing but I still have the same problem when using the strings-file you posted.

If you have the time, just switch to swedish and see for yourself.

thanks!

As I said before you'll need to translate the language string to your language to get the sort methods to work; specifically this block -

PHP Code:
    <string id="40296">RUNTIME</string>
    <
string id="40297">NAME</string>
    <
string id="40298">RATING</string>
    <
string id="40299">YEAR</string>
    <
string id="40300">EPISODES</string>
    <
string id="40301">PROD CODE</string>
    <
string id="40302">DATE</string>
    <
string id="40303">EPISODE</string>
    <
string id="40304">TYPE</string>
    <
string id="40305">ARTIST</string>
    <
string id="40306">ALBUM</string>
    <
string id="40307">TRACK</string>
    <
string id="40308">TITLE</string>
    <
string id="40309">TIME</string>
    <
string id="40310">SIZE</string>
    <
string id="40311">FILE</string>
    <
string id="40312">PLAYLIST</string>    
    <
string id="40313">GENRE</string>
    <
string id="40314">STUDIO</string

- h3llsp4wn - 2010-08-08

Hi there,

although having all the translations in place (in my case the German ones) I'm having the same problem. Seems like there is something else missing - maybe as suggested in the regular translations. Switching to English and everything is working with the sort thing. Back to German and I'm having the same problem as kjuu.

Any idea?

h3ll

Even tried to simply copy your English skin translations into my German folder and the problem remains - same if I try for other languages. Seems to be tricky ...

- meridius - 2010-08-08

Hitcher Wrote:See first post.

thanks i see the size to set the landscape size but nothing about poster size or what is the best to use jpg ot tbn ?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-08

Poster size, jpg and tbn is irrelevant as XBMC will cache thumbnails for these.

- NotShorty - 2010-08-09

Hitcher Wrote:See first post.

Landscape view is awesome for movies. Could I add -landscape to the end of the resized fanart to use it?

For example
Super.Troopers.2001.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-fanart.jpg
copy, resize, then save as
Super.Troopers.2001.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-landscape.jpg

Or would you just recommend using landscape.jpg?

Either way, does anyone have a method for bulk resizing that works well? Photosizer looks pretty good, though I haven't used it.

NS

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-09

NotShorty Wrote:Either way, does anyone have a method for bulk resizing that works well? Photosizer looks pretty good, though I haven't used it.

NS

I use irfanview works great...

- kjuu - 2010-08-09

Hitcher Wrote:As I said before you'll need to translate the language string to your language to get the sort methods to work; specifically this block -

PHP Code:
    <string id="40296">RUNTIME</string>
    <
string id="40297">NAME</string>
    <
string id="40298">RATING</string>
    <
string id="40299">YEAR</string>
    <
string id="40300">EPISODES</string>
    <
string id="40301">PROD CODE</string>
    <
string id="40302">DATE</string>
    <
string id="40303">EPISODE</string>
    <
string id="40304">TYPE</string>
    <
string id="40305">ARTIST</string>
    <
string id="40306">ALBUM</string>
    <
string id="40307">TRACK</string>
    <
string id="40308">TITLE</string>
    <
string id="40309">TIME</string>
    <
string id="40310">SIZE</string>
    <
string id="40311">FILE</string>
    <
string id="40312">PLAYLIST</string>    
    <
string id="40313">GENRE</string>
    <
string id="40314">STUDIO</string

I've put this entire block (I already had it) in strings.xml and still experience the same problem.

I then translated all of the above ones and still have the problem.

I think there is something wrong somewhere... but where...

- NotShorty - 2010-08-09

Ram2000 Wrote:I use irfanview works great...

To answer my own question, Fotosizer seems to work pretty well and it's super easy. Not sure whether it's actually loading the resized photos in Alaska Revisited (I'm on my main desktop, which is powerful enough to not have any slowdown from the larger pics, unlike my htpc), but it does a great job of resizing all my fanart and sticking a -landscape to the end of the file name.

NS

- kjuu - 2010-08-09

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Hi there,

although having all the translations in place (in my case the German ones) I'm having the same problem. Seems like there is something else missing - maybe as suggested in the regular translations. Switching to English and everything is working with the sort thing. Back to German and I'm having the same problem as kjuu.

Any idea?

h3ll

Even tried to simply copy your English skin translations into my German folder and the problem remains - same if I try for other languages. Seems to be tricky ...

Seems like we have the same problem...

- Hitcher - 2010-08-09

Right I'm going to try and use the default strings to get them working but I'll need some feedback.

EDIT: You'll need to restart XBMC whenever you change anything to do with the language strings (even swapping skins will cause text problems as the language string wont be loaded).

- JustMeD - 2010-08-09

Amazing work on Alaska and Alaska Revisited guys. It's been a while since I've been on here with RL getting in the way. I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Oh and Alaska Revisited is my default skin these days .. :-)

D

- kjuu - 2010-08-09

Hitcher Wrote:Right I'm going to try and use the default strings to get them working but I'll need some feedback.

EDIT: You'll need to restart XBMC whenever you change anything to do with the language strings (even swapping skins will cause text problems as the language string wont be loaded).

Thanks for looking into this.

I always edit my strings.xml offline and start xbmc when done.

Maybe my "installation" of strings.xml is unsupported?
I run xbmc -p (portable) and have therefor created a directory called "Swedish" in X:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\language\
and in the "Swedish"-folder I've created the strings.xml. Its working perfectly to translate all the other strings that I've tried so far.

Just this problem when pressing up on movies/series view.

thanks!

- Hitcher - 2010-08-09

JustMeD Wrote:Amazing work on Alaska and Alaska Revisited guys. It's been a while since I've been on here with RL getting in the way. I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Oh and Alaska Revisited is my default skin these days .. :-)

D

Thanks. Big Grin

And I'm currently coding Welo if you want to take a look.

- h3llsp4wn - 2010-08-09

@Hitcher:

Thanks for having a look at it - seems like your latest changes in SVN fixed the issue for me and my german translations.

And good luck for welo - which looks impressive!

@Kjuu:
Give it a try - might fix your problem too ...

Cheers,

h3ll

- Eoghlear - 2010-08-10

Xbmc won't update to version 1.20. The regular version of Alaska updated without problems.

It just keeps saying update available (did a reload of my system already).