Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Spaggi - 2010-08-14

Quote:Don't hold your breath, my PC has decided to die on me.

No shit, mine too - just yesterday. GPU AND Northbridge fried....I feel your pain...

- meridius - 2010-08-14

Hitcher Wrote:Don't hold your breath, my PC has decided to die on me. Angry

Bugger me, I hope it's not to serious mate nothing worse than a pc going on u.

Do u know what the problem is ?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-14

Hard drive by look of it; and I've got all my Welo work on it. No

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-14

Is it Dead dead or just not happy dead ? i have some pretty good utils you can use if any help.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-14

Hitcher Wrote:Hard drive by look of it; and I've got all my Welo work on it. No

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you got a secret git/SVN that you shared your work with Welo so it's not all lost.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-14

mcborzu Wrote:Sorry to hear that, hopefully you got a secret git/SVN that you shared your work with Welo so it's not all lost.

Nope, because I know they'd be found and leaked. Rolleyes

The good news is I managed to get in using safe mode and create a new account (the other one must be corrupted because it would just hang at 'Loading your personal settings') and I've got a new hard drive all ready to go.

Obviously this will take some time to sort out so there wont be any updates for a few days.

- mcgehee44 - 2010-08-15

I may be reading past posts wrong, but did you already incorporate the "logo view" into your skin; as in, it's available now?

- meridius - 2010-08-15

Hitcher Wrote:Nope, because I know they'd be found and leaked. Rolleyes

The good news is I managed to get in using safe mode and create a new account (the other one must be corrupted because it would just hang at 'Loading your personal settings') and I've got a new hard drive all ready to go.

Obviously this will take some time to sort out so there wont be any updates for a few days.

what type of Hd was it ? have you lost all your work ? for your skins or are you lucky

- quebert - 2010-08-15

Hitcher - good luck here I've had numerous HD problems. You seem to be very computer savvy so I'm assuming you ran chkdsk once you got in safe mode and made another account? It's possible a few user files got corrupted but the HD's still okay. I've had my PC where I thought it was dead, but chkdsk did it's magic and I was back and going long enough to pull all my files off to another HD. I wish you a speedy process here.

- xbmcvis - 2010-08-15

I absulutely love alaska revisited!

But I cant find the view lockdown option..
Any chance / way to enable this (in the future)?

@ Hitcher keep up the great work and I hope you can recover the data on your hdd(s)

- Hitcher - 2010-08-15

'Good news everyone'

Back in business and Cdart is now available.

- Wedge - 2010-08-15

Just had to register to thank you for making such a fantastic skin, the best one out there by far in my opinion! Extra grateful since you are so good at continuously pumping out updates & features Smile

- meridius - 2010-08-15

Great news Hitcher.

one question i want to redoe all my movies and tv shows as i have had a hugh sort out, and have renamed files and moved them to new locations.

how do i delete all the database for fanart, posters and movie/tv info from computer as i want to do a fresh build.

i want to get rid of all the data and stored info and pics, as i want to start a fresh.

cheers for any help

oh is the skin still on version 1.2.1 ?, and what is Cdart ?

- quebert - 2010-08-15

meridius Wrote:Great news Hitcher.

one question i want to redoe all my movies and tv shows as i have had a hugh sort out, and have renamed files and moved them to new locations.

how do i delete all the database for fanart, posters and movie/tv info from computer as i want to do a fresh build.

i want to get rid of all the data and stored info and pics, as i want to start a fresh.

cheers for any help

oh is the skin still on version 1.2.1 ?, and what is Cdart ?

\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc on windows vista/7. you could also run XBMC with -p and it run in portable mode which will create all your userdata stuff directly in XBMC. I'm not sure the plus & minuses for -p mode, but I've used it before and it works fine for me. CDart basically shows a spinning CD coming out of the coverart for that album. It does nothing useful, but it does add some pretty nice looking eye candy. With the CDart update the skin should be on 1.2.3. Even with autoupdate enabled XBMC only checks for addon updates every 6 hours, I dunno if there's a way to force an update, if there is I haven't figure it out. I usually just set my systems clock ahead 5:58 and wait a few minutes and it'll update (I'm impatient some times ha) then I set my clock back.

- salival - 2010-08-15

quebert Wrote:I dunno if there's a way to force an update, if there is I haven't figure it out. I usually just set my systems clock ahead 5:58 and wait a few minutes and it'll update (I'm impatient some times ha) then I set my clock back.

To force an update go to add-ons in the settings menu (s), then "get add-ons", high lite hitchers repository and go in to the context menu © and select "check for updates" or, if that doesn't yield any results, "force refresh".