Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- meridius - 2010-08-15

quebert Wrote:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc on windows vista/7. you could also run XBMC with -p and it run in portable mode which will create all your userdata stuff directly in XBMC. I'm not sure the plus & minuses for -p mode, but I've used it before and it works fine for me. CDart basically shows a spinning CD coming out of the coverart for that album. It does nothing useful, but it does add some pretty nice looking eye candy. With the CDart update the skin should be on 1.2.3. Even with autoupdate enabled XBMC only checks for addon updates every 6 hours, I dunno if there's a way to force an update, if there is I haven't figure it out. I usually just set my systems clock ahead 5:58 and wait a few minutes and it'll update (I'm impatient some times ha) then I set my clock back.

so do i just delete the whole xbmc folder in the appdata/roaming ? will xbmc create a new dir when i load it ?

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-08-15

Yes.

- meridius - 2010-08-15

Hitcher Wrote:Yes.

cheers mate, happy you got your hd sorted.

did you add the logos to skin 1.2.3 ? can not find the option i can see logos but not keen on thjat view but I can not find or see a view like your panel view with logos the one that you had in your video i liked that view ?.

same as panel view but with logos

cheers

- mamayomyom - 2010-08-16

Thank you very much Hitcher. It's been my default skin since pre-Dharma.

Anyhow, I finally got CU Lylic working within dharma. But the screen is overlapping current song artwork. Is there anything can be done about this?

Once again, thank you very much.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-16

Hitcher Wrote:As some of you may know my 'real life' job is a postie and I recently found out that one of the families I deliver to is trying to raise over £40,000 for an operation for their daughter Megan. So if anyone feels like making a donation because they like using the skins I've worked that would be fantastic.

Megan's Quest

Thanks.

Ram2000 Wrote:I would gladly donate once the Paypal part is fixed...

PayPal donations have now been added, thanks.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-16

Wedge Wrote:Just had to register to thank you for making such a fantastic skin, the best one out there by far in my opinion! Extra grateful since you are so good at continuously pumping out updates & features Smile
If you can spare it I'd be grateful if you could donate to Megan's Quest, thanks.
meridius Wrote:cheers mate, happy you got your hd sorted.

did you add the logos to skin 1.2.3 ? can not find the option i can see logos but not keen on thjat view but I can not find or see a view like your panel view with logos the one that you had in your video i liked that view ?.

same as panel view but with logos

cheers
Settings > Views > Enable 'TV Show Logos'

Also you can check the changelog in the Settings.
mamayomyom Wrote:Thank you very much Hitcher. It's been my default skin since pre-Dharma.

Anyhow, I finally got CU Lylic working within dharma. But the screen is overlapping current song artwork. Is there anything can be done about this?

Once again, thank you very much.
I take it you've mapped a Lyrics button to your remote?
I'll fix this for the next update.

- stuismad - 2010-08-17

Greetings all.

I firstly wanted to say that this forum has not only inspired me to build my HTPC and stray away from media-boxes, but also the amount of support has opened up a whole world of media goodness and made my home entertainment system more complete. a HUGE thank you to all involved, especially those who take their own time to develop these scripts etc.

I'm currently using Alaska Revisited on Dharma's latest nightly build and have encountered a problem when linking a movie to a TV show. In this instance let's refer to the movie as 'Movie A,' and the TV Show as 'TV X'.

when I link Movie A to tv shows, I can browse Movie A in my tv show library as normal. Each season of the TV show provides a general synopsis of what the show is about....again as normal. However when I scroll along to the actual movie's I have linked, the plot summary for Movie A is being overlaid on top of the plot summary for TV X. I have two movies that I link to TV shows, and this happens to both files.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I have done something wrong, and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!!

- mudstuff - 2010-08-17

Thanks for the improvements Hitcher, I'll force update later. How does the cdArt work - what's the naming for the disc image?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-17

cdart.png or simply install the CDart Add-on.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-17

stuismad Wrote:Greetings all.

I firstly wanted to say that this forum has not only inspired me to build my HTPC and stray away from media-boxes, but also the amount of support has opened up a whole world of media goodness and made my home entertainment system more complete. a HUGE thank you to all involved, especially those who take their own time to develop these scripts etc.

I'm currently using Alaska Revisited on Dharma's latest nightly build and have encountered a problem when linking a movie to a TV show. In this instance let's refer to the movie as 'Movie A,' and the TV Show as 'TV X'.

when I link Movie A to tv shows, I can browse Movie A in my tv show library as normal. Each season of the TV show provides a general synopsis of what the show is about....again as normal. However when I scroll along to the actual movie's I have linked, the plot summary for Movie A is being overlaid on top of the plot summary for TV X. I have two movies that I link to TV shows, and this happens to both files.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I have done something wrong, and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!!
Fixed for the next update.

- stuismad - 2010-08-17

Thanks for getting back to me so fast Hitcher.
You're the best, and thanks for all the hard work you put into this for us. Laugh

- krish_2k4 - 2010-08-17

just a quick question,

1.when i delete a movie from my hard drive, i want it to update in the "movies" section in xbmc. how do i do this?

ive already tried "scan for new content" but the movie information is still there!

- butchabay - 2010-08-17

krish_2k4 Wrote:just a quick question,

1.when i delete a movie from my hard drive, i want it to update in the "movies" section in xbmc. how do i do this?

ive already tried "scan for new content" but the movie information is still there!

Go to the movie you want to delete, press "c" for the contex menu, choose remove, done.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-08-17

butchabay Wrote:Go to the movie you want to delete, press "c" for the contex menu, choose remove, done.

pretty much what i did, but is there a more "automatic" way, ive started to delete a lot of movies to save space.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-17

Clean Library in the Video Settings after you've had a tidy up.