Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Elbert - 2010-08-31

As always, nice update. Info screen looks very clean this way.

- Elbert - 2010-08-31

I encountered the following problem when I use the new 'default home layout' and enable home artwork folders: Apart from the cycling images every 5 seconds, the images in the panels also change when they get selected. When hovering from one panel to the other, the image of the selected panel changes (to an other in the artwork folder). When hovering away the image goes back to the image it had before it was selected.

Previously the behavior of the panels was different; the images just rotated every 5 seconds independent from wether they where being selected (which looked cleaner to me).

Is this behavior a bug or is it supposed to be his way. Hope my description is a bit clear, it's hard for me to properly describe it.

- MrLobster - 2010-08-31

dont know if its just me, but the watched icon is very small and can hardly see it.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-31

AaronD Wrote:Ain't add-ons great! Got a notification while watching the latest "Lie to Me" that there was a new Alaska Revisited add-on available Smile Love it!

The screen looks cool, however I notice that the word "THUMB" doesn't appear on any of mine - movies or TV Shows. I just get a hypen character instead?!?

So for example, with TV Shows I get "PLAY CAST REFRESH -". Can can arrow over to it, select it and the thumbs screen appears.
You need to restart XBMC so it can load the new labels from the updated strings.xml; simply refreshing wont work.
Elbert Wrote:I encountered the following problem when I use the new 'default home layout' and enable home artwork folders: Apart from the cycling images every 5 seconds, the images in the panels also change when they get selected. When hovering from one panel to the other, the image of the selected panel changes (to an other in the artwork folder). When hovering away the image goes back to the image it had before it was selected.

Previously the behavior of the panels was different; the images just rotated every 5 seconds independent from wether they where being selected (which looked cleaner to me).

Is this behavior a bug or is it supposed to be his way. Hope my description is a bit clear, it's hard for me to properly describe it.
That's just the way it work when using multiimage in a normal list.
MrLobster Wrote:dont know if its just me, but the watched icon is very small and can hardly see it.
What view?

- meridius - 2010-09-01

there seems to be a small problem with the new info screen when trying to read the rated info looks like some of the text is overlaping and can not read it.

eg. Pg says PG but with an R under the P

by the way hitcher which scraper do you use for movies do you use imdb ? asthe moviedb does not seem to get the company logos right

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

Can you post the details of the ones causing overlap problems (Settings > Video > Library > Export Video Library).

Ember Media Manager because the scraper will pull all the studios listed and that then breaks displaying of them.

- TaRuGo - 2010-09-01

Sorry for the question...

But can i install this on the plex ?

Or just on XBMC ?

- WheresWaldo - 2010-09-01

meridius Wrote:there seems to be a small problem with the new info screen when trying to read the rated info looks like some of the text is overlaping and can not read it.

eg. Pg says PG but with an R under the P

by the way hitcher which scraper do you use for movies do you use imdb ? asthe moviedb does not seem to get the company logos right

The overlap in the info screen appears for me also. There is one other issue. 1.4.2 still reports as 1.4.1 so it always says there is an update available.

- meridius - 2010-09-01

Hitcher Wrote:Can you post the details of the ones causing overlap problems (Settings > Video > Library > Export Video Library).

Ember Media Manager because the scraper will pull all the studios listed and that then breaks displaying of them.

Ah right, I have tried that but noticed it pulls the info from imdb so this is why I changed the default movie scraper to imdb in the settings on xbmc.

Does ember get tv show info to or do u just use the built in scraper for that on xbmc ?

There does not seem to be much difference in the Info from imdb xbmc and ember imdb seems to get the same info and logos. I still see alot of older movies still don't get the logos.

So does ember create a info file Of all the info and logos or just links in the info file to point to the websites ?

Is it better to use ember ?

I"ll try to get that data base sorted tonight but I know the pg rating gets overlaped but alot of my movies come up as unkown anyway

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

Studio logos don't get scraped, only the name does, so if no-one has made the logo for us to use in our skins then it wont show.

Using EMM to scrape the name of the studio means only one will get added to the studio field when there are multiple results. This is then used to display the correct logo in the skin but if XBMC scraped multiple studios to that field it breaks the comparing condition and you'll get nothing.

I personally only use EMM just for my movies for the reason above and so I can get UK ratings.

PS Can you list the movies causing the problems so I can check their rating info.

- snowdude - 2010-09-01

Hitcher, I too have the problem with the display of the movie ratings. I use IMDb as scraper. The problem applies to all my movies. Some examples:

3:10 to Yuma
Angels and Demons
Kick-Ass
Live Free or Die Hard
Zombieland

It's like two different ratings (e.g. "Rated R", "Rated PG") are visible for the same movie. Besides that, the new movie information page looks great!

In addition, I also get the "update available" message, although I already have installed the latest version.

- meridius - 2010-09-01

Hitcher Wrote:Studio logos don't get scraped, only the name does, so if no-one has made the logo for us to use in our skins then it wont show.

Using EMM to scrape the name of the studio means only one will get added to the studio field when there are multiple results. This is then used to display the correct logo in the skin but if XBMC scraped multiple studios to that field it breaks the comparing condition and you'll get nothing.

I personally only use EMM just for my movies for the reason above and so I can get UK ratings.

PS Can you list the movies causing the problems so I can check their rating info.

will have a look tonight but the movies are alot of pixer stuff but like the post above mine is what i am also getting.

what do you scrape when using emm ? do you not bother wiht the fanart and covers as i have the covers,banners,landscape,folder pics alrady in my folders.

do you just have the info file from emm ? also does it save all the info in the info file or does it just create links to online info pages ?

might give emm a try would i need to delete the movie from the library to re scrape it ?
cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

This is really confusing me because I've just set my scraper to IMdb, refreshed the info for Kick-Ass and Zombieland (choosing to ignore my local NFO's) and they both display RATED R just fine.

Even checking my database the rating field for both is R.

- snowdude - 2010-09-01

Well, I do have XBMC build 33324 (XBMC Live). The ratings were showing fine before the video info screen update, so the XBMC build should not be causing this problem.

I have encountered another small thing: Within TV shows, the rating information is missing (blank) for some TV shows: Criminal Minds, CSI (all of them), but still visible on others: NCIS, Futurama. This must be related to the recent update as well.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-01

Here i posted a screenshot of the problem

Also if you look at "after the sunset" it says "97 min mins" when in ember it only says "97 min"