Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

You should only use <m> for the Duration Format in EMM not <m> min as that's exactly how XBMC extracts the duration as well so skins can then use Min, Mins, Minutes or whatever they like after it.

I'm definitely going to need to see what you've got in your databases to fix the overlap problem because, as I said above, scraping using IMdb works for me. Use something like SQLiteSpy to check it.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-01

Hitcher Wrote:You should only use [b]<m> for the Duration Format in EMM not <m> min as that's exactly how XBMC extracts the duration as well so skins can then use Min, Mins, Minutes or whatever they like after it.
[/b]
I'm definitely going to need to see what you've got in your databases to fix the overlap problem because, as I said above, scraping using IMdb works for me. Use something like SQLiteSpy to check it.

sorted the time out, so simple lol rescraping all my movies now in ember for the runtimes.

as for the overlapping of the ratings, ill post what you asked for later today, i use imdb for scraping in ember too.

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

Think I've found the problem.

When using EMM to set the MPAA rating field it will add it like this -

<mpaa>Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.</mpaa>

whereas if you simply use XBMC to scrape it will set the same film like this -

<mpaa>R</mpaa>

To overcome this problem you need to set EMM to 'Use certification for MPAA' and 'Only save the value to NFO'.

- meridius - 2010-09-01

dont understand as i use xbmc to get my info for my movies and it overlaps the ratings like in the pictures posted on here

same here - Voyager - 2010-09-01

also not using EMM - just XBMC's IMDB scraper.
Latest version is buggy : Ratings overlap, and getting "addon is updated" every time I start.

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

Well I've just rescraped Zombieland twice (once using IMdb and once using TMdb) and both return 'R' as the rating and there's no overlap issue.

I think I'll change to simply using the MPAA field with no conditional visibility settings.

EDIT: OK using the MPAA field only works fine for me using either IMdb, TMdb or EMM with the settings mentioned above.

New build uploading now.

- MrLobster - 2010-09-01

hmmm I keep updating alaska revisited and it tells me its updated. However it keeps saying there is an update for alaska revisited?

It just wont go away.

EDIT: oh and the small watched icon problem is on both the tvshows and movies panel view.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-01

Hitcher Wrote:Think I've found the problem.

When using EMM to set the MPAA rating field it will add it like this -

<mpaa>Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.</mpaa>

whereas if you simply use XBMC to scrape it will set the same film like this -

<mpaa>R</mpaa>

To overcome this problem you need to set EMM to 'Use certification for MPAA' and 'Only save the value to NFO'.

did this and it works fine now Nod (used the british ratings instead of mpaa, dont know why i used US ratings as it has no use to me lol)

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

The update problem was sorted for revision 1.4.3 and we're now on 1.4.4.

- snowdude - 2010-09-01

Thanks for the update Hitcher. There's no overlapping anymore. However, all movie ratings are now showing "Rated Rate...".

Edit: TV shows are fine now.

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

When did you initially scrape the offending movies? I'm wondering whether something has changed with the way XBMC stores that info.

- krish_2k4 - 2010-09-01

when imdb scrapes the info in EMM it scrapes the MPAA ratings description, this then causes the overlapping in the ratings bit of the skin, i rescraped all my movies and only saved the rating value to the nfo, this solved it.

so maybe xbmc is scraping the mpaa ratings description part causing the overlapping.

- snowdude - 2010-09-01

Hitcher Wrote:When did you initially scrape the offending movies? I'm wondering whether something has changed with the way XBMC stores that info.

I have deleted my whole library and re-built it last weekend using the XBMC IMDb scraper. In addition, I removed and added some movies yesterday to test the ratings problem.

- Hitcher - 2010-09-01

And yet I've used XBMC to scrape using both scrapers and neither returned the full length rating.

- AaronD - 2010-09-01

I'm getting the same problem. My XBMC build is 6 weeks or so old. Been updating Alaska Revisited on a regular basis. I scrape using EMM with IMDB scraper.

After yesterday's update, I got the overlapping ratings as posted. Rescraped using your suggested settings in EMM and it made no difference. Updated just now to 1.4.4 and I just get "RATED RATE..." for each movie.