Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Spaggi - 2010-12-20

Sorry for being annoying, but this is getting ignored

Quote:Hitcher,

I have an issue when using AR Skin:

My last position when browsing the Movie List is not remembered. When I go back to home menu or exit from a movie, I always return to my first list entry. This does not happen with Conflunce. Is this a bug?

Anyway, AR is by far the greatest skin for XBMC in my opinion. Thank you soo much for your effort

Does anyone else experience these issues?

- kjuu - 2010-12-20

Have had the same problem with revisited vanishing and replaced by confluence.

win7 x64 with dharma rc2, removed auto update and havent had inte since.

- nicx76 - 2010-12-20

hi,

i just noticed that i cannot hide the "files" submenu in the music section even if its hidden by the options. all other submenus (video, pictures, etc) are working correctly.

nicx...

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

Angelscry Wrote:Hi Hitcher! There is a little problem with the display of the Add-on settings (settings.xml file) with the Alaska Revisited skin. The lsep settings tags not appear with your skin. This tag is useful to give a title to a group of settings, and separate them on a same screen, like below :

But those titles do not appear with Alaska.Revisited:

The Datas & Infos, Covers & Thumbs, Screens & Fanarts and Scan Options titles are hidden. Is it possible to make them appear bolded? Thank you for your work !!!!! Cool
Fixed for next release.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

TheHazel3yes Wrote:Anyone else noticed that the Audio Mixer add-on isn't fully useable with Alaska Revisited? The Mute radio button can not be selected as it isn't even there. I have to switch to Confluence for that.
Can't find this Add-on; got a screenshot?

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

Sebo Wrote:I'm still suffering from severe XBMC freezes with Alaska Revisited. I did a complete reinstall of latest Dharma stable and Alaska Revisited and also updated to latest display drivers. After leaving the computer idle in XBMC home screen, it crashes after a few hours. Now that I rebooted, the skin had changed back to Confluence, and appearance menu did not state that I was using "Confluence" nor "Alaska Revisited", but instead it stated something like "skin.alaska.revisited". I went to addons and discovered that Alaska had disappeared completely and I had to reinstall it! What could cause this?

The only thing in the log around that time was this:

22:16:51 T:3316 M:1180196864 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:37:27 T:3344 M:1194614784 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 3
23:37:27 T:2144 M:1171279872 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:37:27 T:2144 M:1171279872 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:37:27 T:1396 M:1169506304 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:37:28 T:2444 M:1170452480 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Documents and Settings\HTPC\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\fonts\alaska_black.ttf
23:37:28 T:2444 M:1170452480 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/fonts/alaska_black.ttf

I am running Win XP with latest updates. The computer does not crash without XBMC and it crashes very rarely with Confluence, but with Alaska every day. Sad

Any ideas, please?

Sebo Wrote:Reading backwards this thread, I found a couple of people with similar problems (posts #1131 and #1132). Seems like this is caused by the auto-update routine (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83546&page=2).

I took the auto-update off and I'm going to test whether it crashes anymore. I'm just wondering does it crash even if there is no update but it still checks for it?

More info: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10876

kjuu Wrote:Have had the same problem with revisited vanishing and replaced by confluence.

win7 x64 with dharma rc2, removed auto update and havent had inte since.
XBMC issue not a skin one.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

Spaggi Wrote:Sorry for being annoying, but this is getting ignored

Quote:Hitcher,

I have an issue when using AR Skin:

My last position when browsing the Movie List is not remembered. When I go back to home menu or exit from a movie, I always return to my first list entry. This does not happen with Conflunce. Is this a bug?

Anyway, AR is by far the greatest skin for XBMC in my opinion. Thank you soo much for your effort

Does anyone else experience these issues?
Should be fixed now, what version you using?

- nicx76 - 2010-12-20

and one more question: is it possible to set the opacity of the different filters so that it will be kept even if i update your skin?

for example the tv series and the movies filter have different opacity (why?) and the music fanart filter too.

my wish: movie & tv series filte should be the same (the opacity of the movie filter, because with the tv series one the infos are unreadable), and the music filter (the screen if i press tab while a song is played) should be completly transparent so i can see the whole fanart.

thanks
nicx...

- nicx76 - 2010-12-20

and the last wish Wink

is it possible to stop tha flickering if i press down on any home menu item? there is always a short "flash" even if the background image of the item is not changed. that is really annoying Wink

nicx...

- Angelscry - 2010-12-20

Hitcher Wrote:Fixed for next release.
Thank you !!!!Cool

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

nicx76 Wrote:hi,

i just noticed that i cannot hide the "files" submenu in the music section even if its hidden by the options. all other submenus (video, pictures, etc) are working correctly.

nicx...
Fixed for next release.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-20

nicx76 Wrote:and one more question: is it possible to set the opacity of the different filters so that it will be kept even if i update your skin?

for example the tv series and the movies filter have different opacity (why?) and the music fanart filter too.

my wish: movie & tv series filte should be the same (the opacity of the movie filter, because with the tv series one the infos are unreadable), and the music filter (the screen if i press tab while a song is played) should be completly transparent so i can see the whole fanart.

thanks
nicx...
The filters are found in the skin folder under 'extras' but they will be overwritten when updating so back them up first.

Movie and TV filters are exactly the same; the only difference might be if you're using Files view as that has a filter over the list as well. Also can you post a screenshot of the unreadable part?

Alaska was never meant to be a fanart skin hence the filters.

nicx76 Wrote:and the last wish Wink

is it possible to stop tha flickering if i press down on any home menu item? there is always a short "flash" even if the background image of the item is not changed. that is really annoying Wink

nicx...
Just a side effect of the way that Home style is coded - if you don't want to hide Home panels then switch to the Old Default style.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-21

OK all fixes have been done and you've got a new viewtype to use.

- kjuu - 2010-12-21

Hitcher Wrote:OK all fixes have been done and you've got a new viewtype to use.

Cool! Really like it! Thanks!

Any idea about the date issue for air dates?

- drago - 2010-12-21

Hitcher Wrote:Can't find this Add-on; got a screenshot?

Its a addon for the XBMC live version. It controls the ALSA soundmixer that is the Audio output for linux. Dont work for Windows.