Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - VTWoods - 2012-09-01

(2012-06-12, 05:25)jcooper138 Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 16:36)VTWoods Wrote: The addon is not written in the most robust way. If you want this addon to work with more consistency fork my code and add better data validation to the json parsing and config parsing. I am simply making everything work, but a full rewrite is needed.

I'm going to try to carve out some time to look at the data validation and parsing bits. Anywhere specific you'd suggest for a start or just overall it needs help in that dept.? I'll update if/when I fork and have something useful.

Eh, when i wrote the fix, i just hacked it into place. There were upgrade cases I didn't handle which caused the failures people were seeing. Really the script just needs data validation on user options and defaults if they are incorrect. If you are going to take a look at all of this, you should write the code to add stations. The backend code for stations is already there from pithos.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - spyder - 2012-09-03

I had given up on this plugin until a couple weeks ago and saw that it was working again. It had been working great up until today. I played a few songs and then it would list a song, but instead of playing the song it would play ~10 seconds of silence. Skipping to the next track would do the same thing, I restarted the plugin and that temporarily fixed it, but as soon as I skipped a track it went to silent tracks. Is this happening to anyone else? BTW I am running Eden on W7.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-03

No one can offer much help without useful information. Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, start the add-on and, when it fails, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki), upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com , and post the URL link to the uploaded log here with your reply.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - spyder - 2012-09-03

It isn't crashing though, it's displaying: artist/track/album along with album art. Would this still create errors to pinpoint in the debug log?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-04

Maybe, maybe not... but certainly better odds of seeing something than not enabling debugging and uploading a log for others to see.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Jules - 2012-09-07

Any reason why xbmc community can't work with Pandora directly to maintain compatibility during updates?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 01:27)Jules Wrote: Any reason why xbmc community can't work with Pandora directly to maintain compatibility during updates?

Probably because Pandora won't look too kindly on an add-on that eliminates all the ads that are displayed when you access their site via a web browser? Or they don't get to partake in any revenue sharing since no one pays an enrollment or subscription fee to use XBMC and/or the Pandora add-on?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Jules - 2012-09-07

Log file uploaded here for Pandora Crash Today.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8041
(2012-09-07, 01:50)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 01:27)Jules Wrote: Any reason why xbmc community can't work with Pandora directly to maintain compatibility during updates?

Probably because Pandora won't look too kindly on an add-on that eliminates all the ads that are displayed when you access their site via a web browser? Or they don't get to partake in any revenue sharing since no one pays an enrollment or subscription fee to use XBMC and/or the Pandora add-on?

Why not keep Pandora's ads?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-07

Then you might as well just launch a web browser from within XBMC and open it to www.pandora.com . Ads don't really fit into the GUI for the add-on and its 10-foot viewing experience.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - rex64stang - 2012-09-07

I've been trying to get this to work for that last two days wiith no avail.... I'm not as smart asI thought I was I guess.

when starting pandora I get a script failed! error.

Any helped would be greatly appriciated.... here is my pastbin.

Running Vista w/ eden

http://pastebin.com/3i6jF24F

Welcome to the XBMC forums, rex64stang.

From your debug log, I see that you have the Pandora add-on installed, but I don't see it being launched anywhere.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Spider210 - 2012-09-09

welcome all first post here,

having the same problem just installed xbmc on x64 windows 7 w/all updates and now i just installed this update and i'm getting script failed. first time installing this script so im not sure if the script is just old and not working any more

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-09

(2012-09-09, 16:19)Spider210 Wrote: having the same problem just installed xbmc on x64 windows 7 w/all updates and now i just installed this update and i'm getting script failed. first time installing this script so im not sure if the script is just old and not working any more

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Same suggestion: Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch the add-on and, when you get the error message, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki), upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com , and post the URL link to the uploaded log here with your reply.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Ghostdivision - 2012-09-11

I keep getting direct x spectrum visualization not loaded? What is this exactly, do I need another plugin?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-09-11

(2012-09-11, 04:34)Ghostdivision Wrote: I keep getting direct x spectrum visualization not loaded? What is this exactly, do I need another plugin?
Debug log (wiki)?