Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - dteich02 - 2012-09-13

Hello all - A big thanks for everyone in here that helps support this. Got this plugin working after a few minutes tonight. Works great!

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - pre1014 - 2012-09-13

Hello. I get a script failed error when trying to launch the plugin. Ive downloaded the "newest" posted version and installed it. I've followed the directions to get the new version running. I've deleted the key_in and key_out files, I've foreced the re-fetch of the keys. I've selected mp3 as the format, I even changed my password to something simple and tried a new account. Still no go.

I'm running crystalbuntu on an apple tv it that has anything to do with it.

heres my debug log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8354

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - newatv2user - 2012-09-13

If you still have the option to re-fetch, you don't have the correct one. Either get it from VTwoods git repo (https://gitorious.org/~vtwoods/xbmc-pandora/vtwoodss-xbmc-pandora-pithos) or read the last couple of pages and find the link posted for the zip file.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - pre1014 - 2012-09-13

Well, thanks.

I tried a couple mediafire links for the .zip . They were all pretty much the same (and still had that option). Stopped being lazy and installed git and figured out the git clone and git pull commands. I just sftp'd the files over and it was obvious the existing ones were wrong when they were completely different sizes than the "correct" ones.
Fun fact: the default.py should be 7086 bytes. If its 6838 bytes, its the wrong one.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Rayor - 2012-09-13

It would be really awesome if spbogie or a mod could edit the first post in this thread to say something like "The original developer of the addon has stopped working on it. Another developer has picked it up how ever that you can found here."

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - LOTL - 2012-09-15

Chased this plugin to here and then to Gitorius's site and then a few dead links later, i came across this other plugin and it worked right off the bat on Eden.

http://www.insanehtpc.com/2012/06/05/how-to-pandora-add-on-for-xbmc/

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Dixon Butz - 2012-09-15

That site uses my medifire upload which is in this thread somewhere. 3313 downloads so far.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Livin - 2012-09-15

This thread needs to be killed - the dev that took over the project should start a new thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - spbogie - 2012-09-20

I've actually started working on a major rewrite of the addon, though progress has been a bit slow so I hadn't mentioned anything yet. As I've said before, graphic design is not exactly my forte, so if anyone wants to help me with concepts and design of the interface for the new version, please send me a PM either here or on Gitorious. (Feel free to post in the thread here as well for input, the pm just gets me an email so I see it faster.) I'm looking for a complete redesign, and an interface that will hide away and still continue to play, (possibly with a small popup on new song to quickly thumb up/down?) so don't feel constrained by the current design. Don't worry about being able to code it either. I'm looking for concept art and functionality description right now. We can figure out how to make it work later.

I have also updated the first post with a link to VTWoods repository which will hopefully help avoid some of the confusion. Again, I would ask that anyone who has posted a download link to a version which is no longer working to please remove it for this same reason.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - bac522 - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 17:15)spbogie Wrote: I've actually started working on a major rewrite of the addon, though progress has been a bit slow so I hadn't mentioned anything yet.

Awesome...great to hear...one of my most used scripts/plugins for XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - newatv2user - 2012-09-20

@spbogie: I'd like to see a list of coming up songs, please Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Rayor - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-20, 17:15)spbogie Wrote: I'm looking for a complete redesign, and an interface that will hide away and still continue to play, (possibly with a small popup on new song to quickly thumb up/down?) so don't feel constrained by the current design.
The current layout of the plugin works really well and doesn't need to be changed, and you can hide it by clicking on the down arrow. Although that doesn't mean the implementation can't be made better, and I'd be in favor of making the plugin easily skinable so it doesn't look out of place compared to the rest of XBMC. I already get a popup on song changes to show me the artist, album, song name and album cover, so there might be an easy way to pop up the thumbs up/down, skip and tired buttons.

(2012-09-20, 20:01)newatv2user Wrote: @spbogie: I'd like to see a list of coming up songs, please Smile
I would think that would be easy enough to do, there's already a spot to show what's next in playlists, and pianobar has the ability to tell you what's coming up.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - SorryGoFish - 2012-09-23

Is there any way to make the Pandora stations show up in the UPnP server?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - mrfatboy - 2012-09-23

@spbogie

Thanks for your effort on doing the rewrite of the Pandora plugin. It's awesome. Will the new rewrite allow you to exit out of the pandora addon and navigate around XBMC while still playing your pandora stations?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - dkplayaclub - 2012-09-24

I am super excited to hear someone is actually working on this add-on again. I use this all the time for my music.
Also very glad to see I can get the repo for automatic updates as well.

I would also think the look is just fine for now. What I would love to see is the ability to create or edit stations. I have never been able to get even thumbing tracks up or down to work. I do my tweaking on the web and XBMC is able only to listen.
Is anyone able to use these features or is it just me?