Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - shaggy996 - 2012-10-01

Im having a strange problem and did not see anything about it in the thread anywhere. The addon opens and plays a song perfectly. But it wont start another song without me doing something on the system, anything. it will sit quiet until I press a button and then it will start the next song.

Im on a rasberry pi running openelec on it if that makes a difference.

Any help is appreciated, its rather annoying.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - bac522 - 2012-10-01

I run the rasbrry pi with raspbian image and don't see that problem, so I don't think it's related to the script itself. Might want to check the xbmc log file for some clues...

/root/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

might be easier to watch the log file real time from a shell window while running the script

Code:
tail -f `ls -trc /root/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | tail -1`

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - ktjensen - 2012-10-02

I have had no luck with getting the Pandora Plugin to work. It just fails every time when it tries to start.

Now the LASTFM built in app works fine on XBMC.

Can someone repost a working link for the Pandora Plugin again?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Dixon Butz - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 15:58)ktjensen Wrote: I have had no luck with getting the Pandora Plugin to work. It just fails every time when it tries to start.

Now the LASTFM built in app works fine on XBMC.

Can someone repost a working link for the Pandora Plugin again?

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4fad94dacf3rqu

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-10-02

There's also an updated link in the first paragraph of post #1 of this thread.

[RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - ktjensen - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 20:18)artrafael Wrote: There's also an updated link in the first paragraph of post #1 of this thread.

assume that this is a plugin that DOES NOT require any *.py file changes or directory updates, and that it will just work fine if I uninstall the previous version? It will just work, without any tweeking?

The problem with the latest version of some scripts or plugins, is that the old version settings tend to remain in the internal settings of XBMC, and there is no easy way to clean settings out, without doing some deep edit of replacing a *.py file, or replacing a whole directory structure.

Will attempt install, saving of my user login for pandora, and activation tonight. Hope it just works.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - ktjensen - 2012-10-03

It worked yeeeehhh

1) But it does not seem to want to go to the background, so that I can listen to music while I use other menus within XBMC. Any instructions on how to make Pandora go to the background?

2) The flashing P symbol is annoying, when my visualizer kicks in. Any way to turn that off? Tried on the Pandora settings page, but made no difference.

3) Is there any way to have a large CD ARTWORK skin on Pandora? that would be really nice to use.

Overall am just happy that it can play music. between Pandora and LastFM both working under XBMC I feel spoiled. Just hope we can get a few more tweeks fixed in Pandora.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - tjcinnamon - 2012-10-05

So I am using the interim build and it's working for the most part. However, after a few songs it just goes to the xbmc home screen with the visualizations in the background and a CD on top of the screen as if it's playing music.

Is there any way to get it to stay in Pandora plug fullscreen?

Secondly, what is the status on this new re-write? Not impatience, just curiousity.

Thanks,
JOe K.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - phreaq - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 17:00)tjcinnamon Wrote: ...after a few songs it just goes to the xbmc home screen with the visualizations in the background and a CD on top of the screen as if it's playing music.

I'm having this issue also.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - thewarm - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 22:29)phreaq Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 17:00)tjcinnamon Wrote: ...after a few songs it just goes to the xbmc home screen with the visualizations in the background and a CD on top of the screen as if it's playing music.

Pandora must have made a major change! Pandora would play a few songs, then close to my music addons page. I could launch it again... same thing. So I decided to try my tablet. I never used to get ads playing a "genre" station on my android tablet. Starting today I get ads every few songs.

They are hurting for revenue...

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - newatv2user - 2012-10-05

Nothing major. It seems the file url may not have pandora in it any more.

So change pandaplayer.py:
Code:
def onPlayBackStarted( self ):
        print "PANDORA: onPlayBackStarted: %s" %self.getPlayingFile()
        if self.panda.playing:
            if not "pandora.com" in self.getPlayingFile():
                self.panda.playing = False
                self.panda.quit()
            else:
                #Show Visualization (disappears after each song...)
                xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow( 12006 )" )
to this:
Code:
def onPlayBackStarted( self ):
        print "PANDORA: onPlayBackStarted: %s" %self.getPlayingFile()
        if self.panda.playing:
            #Show Visualization (disappears after each song...)
            xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow( 12006 )" )

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2012-10-06

Thanks, newatv2user, that did the trick!

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - bjarne - 2012-10-07

I use Pandrora ADD-on.It works very fine if I use TV. The Music will started when i use the TV. The problems is about the Android official remote control. When I Choice music-->Music add-ons-->Pandora could I not see the station,

What should i do so I could see my pandora station.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - bac522 - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-05, 23:16)thewarm Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 22:29)phreaq Wrote:

Pandora must have made a major change! Pandora would play a few songs, then close to my music addons page. I could launch it again... same thing. So I decided to try my tablet. I never used to get ads playing a "genre" station on my android tablet. Starting today I get ads every few songs.

They are hurting for revenue...

Yeah, I only get one song, then exit. I actually and a paying subscriber using my account. Pianobar (shell version) of the app works fine which this is app is based on and there was a recent upgrade to Pandora so pretty certain that screwed up something. Pandora should get their head of their arse and just provide a real XBMC app!

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - phreaq - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-06, 00:52)artrafael Wrote: Thanks, newatv2user, that did the trick!

yup, worked for me too, thanks!