Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - artrafael - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-01, 20:42)jayhova1 Wrote: I did try removing it and re-adding within XBMC but what else would you recommend? Are there certain directories which I should delete files from?

Thanks.

You can manually delete the script.xbmc.pandora directory in both your XBMC addons and userdata (wiki)\addon_data directories.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - fonetik - 2013-01-03

(2012-12-28, 20:22)Exrace Wrote: Does anyone know of the most current GIT or svn repository for this plugin?
I would like to work on some fixes but I can't see to find the right repository that is being actively managed.
I have the zip that was posted in recent posts here but it suffers from the plays 4 songs and quits.

One assumption is it might not like a free login account.
Any hints appreciated.

I found that the git repository found here has a working copy but it may be a different implementation (v2.1.0).
I was unable to load keys with a different repository I had found.

http://gitorious.org/~rivy/xbmc-pandora/rivy-xbmc-pandora

It at least lets me log in and play some music. I'm checking to see if it stops playing after a few songs.

EDIT: It appears to have stopped playing music after a few songs. If I reselect the station it starts again.

I've tried this script from 3 different sources. Two of them work, but stop playing after a few songs.

UPDATE: I got it to work without stopping. I downloaded the .zip version mentioned a couple pages ago, cleaned up the user data as recommended and reinstalled. Thanks for the info.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Exrace - 2013-01-05

Great! Blush
I will have to try that again on my win 7 setup.
Was the file from -www.yaktab.com- ?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - dkplayaclub - 2013-01-05

Been using for a while now, hoping and waiting for a complete rewrite. In the mean time I just tried k3oni's latest posted version. It works well, but I am still unable to thumb up, or down, any songs. Is this just something I have to wait for, or should it be fixed with this version? Maybe I did something wrong installing it?
Any help appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - k3oni - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 19:16)dkplayaclub Wrote: Been using for a while now, hoping and waiting for a complete rewrite. In the mean time I just tried k3oni's latest posted version. It works well, but I am still unable to thumb up, or down, any songs. Is this just something I have to wait for, or should it be fixed with this version? Maybe I did something wrong installing it?
Any help appreciated.

Thumbs up and down should work fine in the last version posted: https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2 .

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - dkplayaclub - 2013-01-05

OK. Then I assume it has something to do with the way I installed it. I uninstalled my old version, then I erased several folders I found within my XBMC user folder. Then I just installed from .zip normally. Anything else I should try to get this working correctly?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Exrace - 2013-01-05

I just tried the delete folders and I get the same results - 4 songs and stops.
Next I will try a file monitor so I can see where these files are being read from.
If that doesn't give me anything I will try a fresh install.

I am using RC3 for this testing.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - dkplayaclub - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 21:44)Exrace Wrote: I just tried the delete folders and I get the same results - 4 songs and stops.
Next I will try a file monitor so I can see where these files are being read from.
If that doesn't give me anything I will try a fresh install.

I am using RC3 for this testing.

Are you using full screen mode? I only seem to have this problem when not in full screen, but even then it's sort of intermittent.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Exrace - 2013-01-06

Yes...using full screen. Will have to try that to see if I see any change.
I am guessing there is some sort of cache folder that might be tripping this up.
I will be trying a fresh setup as this was a upgrade and will try to report back what I find.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - CoCola - 2013-01-06

This 4 songs and stop issue is killing me. I have tried complete removal of all references between installations of every script I found linked in the past many pages of this forum on my XBMC running Frodo. I just went as far as a complete de-install of XBMC and put it back as Eden. Only installed the most recent Pandora script of this forum, and that too stops promptly after playing 4 songs.
Is there a current combination or other working solution to get Pandora working on XBMC? I’ll try anything at this point. I have tried every combination I could think of related to screen savers and full window settings. Tried different visualizers. Found that if you skip a song, the 4 count starts over, 4 more and stop. Any known solutions?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - Exrace - 2013-01-06

I am thinking it is Pandora side detecting something and stopping the streaming. I am using a free account but other have posted saying it work with a free account. Will be adding a port capture to my tests to see what that shows coming back from Pandora.

When you use a free account via web interface you get this:
Are you still listening?
We pay for the songs we play, so we try not to play to an empty room.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - CoCola - 2013-01-06

FYI, I am a paid Pandora One user. Sounds right that they might be noticing that we are not using their player, thus we are not seeing their adds, thus we are not wanted? Hope those much brighter than I on this forum can manage to get it going.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - k3oni - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-06, 17:57)CoCola Wrote: This 4 songs and stop issue is killing me. I have tried complete removal of all references between installations of every script I found linked in the past many pages of this forum on my XBMC running Frodo. I just went as far as a complete de-install of XBMC and put it back as Eden. Only installed the most recent Pandora script of this forum, and that too stops promptly after playing 4 songs.
Is there a current combination or other working solution to get Pandora working on XBMC? I’ll try anything at this point. I have tried every combination I could think of related to screen savers and full window settings. Tried different visualizers. Found that if you skip a song, the 4 count starts over, 4 more and stop. Any known solutions?

What OS are you running XBMC on?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - CoCola - 2013-01-07

Windows 7 now. Just ordered a Rasberry Pi. Will be implementing on kids Ubuntu.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (Updated 2011-11-13 : V1.2.8) - TechLife - 2013-01-07

This is still working great for me. So much so, we have managed to start burning the screen into my plasma. Is there any way to allow the screensaver to run while listening? It would be cool to have the pics floating around while the music is playing. Not to mention, avoid having to buy another display. I can certainly turn the display off and on as needed but training others in the house to do so would be about as effective as putting swim fins on a cat.