Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- NOT_U - 2010-11-23

Ok maybe I was a little premature on my excitement. Pandora loads and plays fine but when the song ends it locks the system. I have to hold the power button to shut off the computer. When I start Pandora again I can skip tracks and pause, pretty much whatever I want to until the end of the song..then it freezes. Any ideas?

I'm not sure where to get the log file for Pandora, or will the XBMC log have the info needed?

Nice..... - hogfan - 2010-11-24

Any progress on the info and song rating (thumbs up/down) buttons?

-hogfan

- bac522 - 2010-11-24

hogfan Wrote:Any progress on the info and song rating (thumbs up/down) buttons?

-hogfan

I second that, especially the thumb buttons!

- speed32219 - 2010-11-24

Excellent work. I just found this script and it works great. I am now listeneing to jazz holiday music while doing some work (Love it). Thank you very much, so much better than shoutcast.

Ques: I wonder if the Pandora script could run as a background process while I view photos and home videos? Kind of like listening to music in XBMC selected from my music folder and then go into the pictrue folders and watch slideshows.

FYI: Dahrma beta 3

- NOT_U - 2010-11-25

As to Pandora freezing and locking the system up...I found sort of a work around, I changed skins. Does this make any sense?

I was getting the Freeze while using Mediastream Redux I changed to the Confluence it will play from one song to the next with no problems, any ideas on what I can do to fix it? This is running on Dharma Beta 4 with XP if that helps any.

- speed32219 - 2010-11-28

did you try and uninstall the skin and re-install through addons?

I'm using Redux and having no problem, but if it works on other skins it should work on Redux regardless of OS IMO.

I am running ubuntu with 10.0 Beta4 R35068

- NOT_U - 2010-11-29

@Speed
Yes, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks to another member via PM I ended up having to add the script to the addons folder in a different location. For some reason I have two "<XBMC PROFILES>" locations, one is under C:\pragram files the other is in c:\users\ Not sure why but thats the way though

- jbeamz - 2010-12-04

I have the script working and I love it on my xbmc live (dharma rc1), many many thanks to the person(s) who made this possible.

I hate to sound noobish and I like to think that I have followed all the directions that have been outlined but I still cannot get it working on my xbox. I have read all 28 pages at least 3 times. I was using a build that was dated april 27,2010 and I couldn't get it working so I just updated to 30748. Does any one have an xbox working copy (minus the crypt keys, of course) that they can make available and I can upload it into my scripts folder. Also - for the xbox version do I need to add the files into my skins folder and if so, which folder in the skins folder? (I have it in my root skin folder and the 720p subfolder so far)

Here is where I am at: The script wont even let me configure it. The menu is nonsensical and nonfunctional and the script output is only: "Python Initialized" several times. I have tried editing the .py files as outlined in post #243 (i think) and I notice that the newer version of the script uses the regex function, so I left it.

Like I have said, I had no problems with the live version, the instructions for the xbox version are confusing to me. Any help is greatly apreciated. I guess it may be a problem with the build I am using but if anyone can possibly email me or point me in the right direction, I will name my next child after you...

[email protected]

Pandora plug-in on Dharma RC2 - thereddog - 2010-12-05

Does one exist? I saw the few music add-ons, Pandora isn't one of them.

- tslayer - 2010-12-05

As with the other releases, pandora is not part of the official addon repository. You need to add it manually.

- thereddog - 2010-12-05

I see, thank you

- ghostelement - 2010-12-11

This isn't working any more for me since upgrading to RC2....

- idlehands - 2010-12-15

xbmc/karmic
latest xbmc from repos(i think)

There a way to push the pandora screen to the background. it looks like visualizations are behind it but thats it.

actually it may have just frozen as I can't get to any other menu's now that i've stopped it.

Noob help! - happyendin21 - 2010-12-16

Hi all.

I love the work that Is being done here. I haven't been able to install this script on my current xbmc dharma rc1 I am running a live install and I can't download the encryption files I click on raw and just get a text document and can copy it but I do not see an option to download the file. I am curious if it is possible to install this on a live install of xbmc. I currently have to boot into windows to run boxee so I can listen to pandora through there software. Really hoping to have it all consolidated wish there was more I could Do to help, But I am pretty much a noob at all of this. I have tried to look through all of the pages in this thread and find what Im looking for which is just a very dummed down install instructions for my situatuation (xbmc live install) but I haven't seen it yet and haven't had the time to go through all pages yet. Can anyone help with this and or just point me in the right direction if there is something like this out there. Again thanks for your time... I love my first xbmc machine and its endless possibilities.

- NOT_U - 2010-12-17

infinityv Wrote:Hey ya Mique, I'm not sure but I also grabbed the crypt.h files as well. In addition to that you might want to toss the files into a text editor and make sure that the files are clean as the first set I downloaded also have a bunch of html in them. In the end I ended up copy and pasting the files to avoid the html issue. Hope this helps out somewhat, gl!

@happyendin21
The above post it was I had to read for the "lightbulb" to turn on. From what I remember I copied the keys and pasted them into a txt document to make sure there was no html. I am not near my computer right now but I think I placed the keys as a .txt into the script.xbmc.pandora directory and that got it working for me. Then again if you look at my posts I'm pretty much a noob as well so it might have been dumb luck. Hope this helps