Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- Mike8913 - 2010-12-21

haha....if i wasnt so newbtastic I would.

- TheUriah - 2010-12-23

Big thanks to spbogie for coding the app, and to WannaSpeedCom for upload the SUPER easy addon zip!

- Stryk3r - 2010-12-23

idlehands Wrote:there a list of what the buttons do? I'm finding that with my mce remote(mapped to a harmony 880) i can navigate around pandora, but i can't exit it, and i have some issues knowing what to do to show/hide the menu etc

if anyone knows even what the keyboard is mapped to do in this script i could probably figure out what buttons on the remote do, thanks!

I figured it out.

Use the direction buttons to navigate around, the thumbs and info button don't seem to do anything (as stated throughout the thread), once you click the down arrow to hide the window and bring up the visuals, use ESC to bring the menu back up, then use ESC from the Menu to exit the script back to the menu (it will stop playing on exit).

- idlehands - 2010-12-24

really digging this addon now that i have it working and apparently updating to a newer version of xbmc fixed my escaping button issues.

So, good work to those that made the script!

- jpl517 - 2010-12-24

Even with WannaSpeedCom's seemingly streamlined zip install, my XBMC keeps saying "Error! Script Failed! : script.xbmc.pandora" when trying to run the add-on. I'm using the latest v10.0 with the default Confluence skin. I used WannaSpeedCom's zip, extracted it to the <User>/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/ folder, and put the 2 key files in there. FYI I'm using Win7, and I'm no coder/programmer of any sort. It's possible that I did something wrong with the 2 key files, I clicked the "raw" link on each of them, copied/pasted them into Notepad (don't know what is meant by "download" as I can find no option for doing so), and saved the Notepad files into the script.xbmc.pandora folder as crypt_key_output/input.h... Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I should even be getting in this deep in the first place.

- WannaSpeedCom - 2010-12-25

jpl517 Wrote:Even with WannaSpeedCom's seemingly streamlined zip install, my XBMC keeps saying "Error! Script Failed! : script.xbmc.pandora" when trying to run the add-on. I'm using the latest v10.0 with the default Confluence skin. I used WannaSpeedCom's zip, extracted it to the <User>/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/ folder, and put the 2 key files in there. FYI I'm using Win7, and I'm no coder/programmer of any sort. It's possible that I did something wrong with the 2 key files, I clicked the "raw" link on each of them, copied/pasted them into Notepad (don't know what is meant by "download" as I can find no option for doing so), and saved the Notepad files into the script.xbmc.pandora folder as crypt_key_output/input.h... Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I should even be getting in this deep in the first place.

With the zip you don't need to add the key files. Just click get more addons then select install by zip, find the file I hosted and that's it.

If that doesn't work then idk. You might have to follow the instructions in the first post. Few tips on the first post: find correct addon directory, extract the first file twice, the second time it will become a folder. Download the key files by right click save link as, add them to the new folder, rename the folder as instructed. That's all

- WannaSpeedCom - 2010-12-25

jpl517 Wrote:Even with WannaSpeedCom's seemingly streamlined zip install, my XBMC keeps saying "Error! Script Failed! : script.xbmc.pandora" when trying to run the add-on. I'm using the latest v10.0 with the default Confluence skin. I used WannaSpeedCom's zip, extracted it to the <User>/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/ folder, and put the 2 key files in there. FYI I'm using Win7, and I'm no coder/programmer of any sort. It's possible that I did something wrong with the 2 key files, I clicked the "raw" link on each of them, copied/pasted them into Notepad (don't know what is meant by "download" as I can find no option for doing so), and saved the Notepad files into the script.xbmc.pandora folder as crypt_key_output/input.h... Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I should even be getting in this deep in the first place.

With the zip you don't need to add the key files. Just click get more addons then select install by zip, find the file I hosted and that's it.

If that doesn't work then idk. You might have to follow the instructions in the first post. Few tips on the first post: find correct addon directory, extract the first file twice, the second time it will become a folder. Download the key files by right click save link as, add them to the new folder, rename the folder as instructed. That's all

- Mike8913 - 2011-01-02

any news in the ratings buttons?

- greenman67 - 2011-01-03

OK, I know I am old(43), but I can usually figure these things out. Anyone willing to help out with some special ed on how to do this? PLease email me. Thanks.

- curtix - 2011-01-03

Have not been able to get this working yet.
I am on an Apple TV (1st gen).
Where is "user profile" folder per install instructions?

- bostoneric - 2011-01-04

is there any mods to get the spinning cd info window to always show and have pandora running in the background when you are looking at pictures or whatever else in xbmc?

I love this mod. its running on my xbmc like 80% of the time!!!!

- htpc guy - 2011-01-04

Pandora.AlaskaMod
I have recently converted to the Alaska Revisited skin and I love the simple beauty of it. The only down side was that the Pandora addon has a black background that does not fit well. So in turn I decided to make some simple revisions to the skin and I will post it here for anyone else who wants it.

Changelog:
  • Default text color to gray
  • Highlighted text to white
  • Icon colors
  • Re-created the Pandora logo (higher resolution)
  • Created a new main logo to fit better with Alaska
  • Background image and color

Image]

Not all images are of my on creation so please download for your own personal use.

I didn't change any functionality of the addon so this should not include any bugs that were not in the original program. On the other hand, please let me know if there are any suggestions you may have.

This is a currently working version with all crypt files and changes in tact. Simply unzip the contents and place it in the xbmc/addons directory. I have renamed the addon so it will not conflict with the normal Pandora.

[b]I created my own thread...find it here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89572

- bostoneric - 2011-01-06

is there a timer for the info screen or a way to make it always show?

- phileas50 - 2011-01-06

WannaSpeedCom Wrote:With the zip you don't need to add the key files. Just click get more addons then select install by zip, find the file I hosted and that's it.

I must be the only one who does not get it. What is idk? because install from zip goes smoothly bu I get error on username password screen.

- curtix - 2011-01-08

phileas50 Wrote:I must be the only one who does not get it. What is idk? because install from zip goes smoothly bu I get error on username password screen.

idk = i dont know.

I installed it and it didnt really work will try again at some point wish is was as ez as boxeeStare