Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- coynea84 - 2011-05-19

zivagolee Wrote:Hmm.. I seem to be getting this error with the latest git:

22:03:44 T:2701093744 M:2552238080 INFO: -->Python script returned the follow
ing error<--
22:03:44 T:2701093744 M:2552238080 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeEr
ror'>
22:03:44 T:2701093744 M:2552238080 ERROR: Error Contents: XML File for Window
is missing
22:03:44 T:2701093744 M:2552238080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/user/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/default.py", line 146, in <module>
panda = Panda()
File "/home/user/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/default.py", line 57, in __init__
"Default", "NTSC", panda = self )
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

The file and case seems to be correct?

~/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/resources/skins/Default/NTSC$ ls
script-pandora.xml

Anybody have some clues on what needs to be corrected?

I'm having this exact same problem!

@spbogie - That last post fixed my login issue, but now I get the same error as zivagolee posted on 4/17/2011

Pandora on Boxee - docmichael - 2011-05-19

I too have tried all efforts listed here and still had same problem with not signing in so i switched to the Pandora on Boxee on my AppleTV and that works great,maybe someone can make a plugin from that one? I wish i had time to try but busy with infant grand daughter.

Updated Pandora Addon - smorloc - 2011-05-21

Howdy,

I'd like to share an updated Pandora addon with an implementation for the like/dislike buttons and a new "I'm tired of this song" button. In addition to being buttons, the like/dislike buttons will also reflect the state of currently playing song.

For the time being I placed a copy of the updated addon at:
http://www.morlock.net/script.xbmc.pandora.zip

Unzip the file in to your XBMC Addons directory. The crypt key files are included and the PROTOCOL_VERSION has been updated.

Regards,
Steve

- igotdvds - 2011-05-21

Thanks for keeping this alive.

Can we use this icon for everyone:

- htpc guy - 2011-05-21

smorloc Wrote:Howdy,

I'd like to share an updated Pandora addon with an implementation for the like/dislike buttons and a new "I'm tired of this song" button. In addition to being buttons, the like/dislike buttons will also reflect the state of currently playing song.

For the time being I placed a copy of the updated addon at:
http://www.morlock.net/script.xbmc.pandora.zip

Unzip the file in to your XBMC Addons directory. The crypt key files are included and the PROTOCOL_VERSION has been updated.

Regards,
Steve

Wow, that's one hell of a first post. TanksLaugh

- eTip - 2011-05-21

Woo-Hoo!! Yaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! Yippeeeeee! Almost too exciting for words. I use Pandora in XBMC almost daily & was just thinking today how much I wished the thumbs worked. Watching a movie now but will check it out soon.

THANK YOU!!!

Edit: Tried it & out & love it.

Suggestions: Smaller "PANDORA" @ top. BIGGER album art. I wish there was a way to just press a single button to skip the song I am listening to with out navigating to the on-screen control & hitting select. I try to remember to leave that contol highlighted so I can just press Select to skip....but sometimes I forget. This makes it difficult to listen with the display off or dimmed.

- eTip - 2011-05-21

igotdvds Wrote:Thanks for keeping this alive.

Can we use this icon for everyone:

Using this now, thanks!

- smorloc - 2011-05-21

igotdvds Wrote:Can we use this icon for everyone:

For some reason I am unable to access that icon. The Car & Driver web site is dog slow. Do you have another URL for the logo you like?

- smorloc - 2011-05-21

eTip Wrote:BIGGER album art

Are you refering to the album art you see on the dialog with the thumbs up/down?

eTip Wrote:I wish there was a way to just press a single button to skip the song I am listening to with out navigating to the on-screen control & hitting select.

Are you using a remote or keybaord? On my remote, either stop or the >>| button takes me to the next tune...

Regards,
Steve

- docmichael - 2011-05-21

Great job updating this! Works great

Pandora Skin - htpc guy - 2011-05-21

I have modified the contents of the media folder inside the Pandora addon. I made the changes to more closely match the Pandora Android app (with the bokah background). I also created a higher quality Pandora logo so you won't see pixilated edges.

To install this:
  • Download the files from here
  • unzip the folder
  • Place it in ~\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\resources\skins\Default\media
  • backup your original media folder to another location on your HD if you want to go back to default
  • ejoyLaugh

- smorloc - 2011-05-21

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Based on people's input, I have made several changes to my earlier version of the Pandora addon:
  • I have ticked the version of the add to v1.1.1 to reflect both of my recent changes
  • Changed the default audio to MP3-HiFi
  • Added option to display the Artist Artwork instead of Album Artwork.
    The Album Artwork is very small and looks bad when it is stretched.
  • Increased the size of the artwork on the Pandora window
  • Added option to select the size of (or hide) the Pandora logo during playback
  • Updated the Pandora logo (to the standard one) which is displayed when music is playing.
    (This might not been have a good idea. The logo with the transparent background might have looked better.)
  • Updated the addon Pandora logo to a more typical one.
    (Unfortunately XBMC caches addon logos so existing users will not see the change. The only way I have found to correct this is removing the reference from the database using an SQLite savvy tool.)
  • Updated README
  • New changelog that reflects the recent updates
I hope "spbogie" doesn't mind these changes...

You can download the new version at:
http://www.morlock.net/script.xbmc.pandora-v1.1.1.zip

Regards,
Steve

- eTip - 2011-05-21

Love the changes. So glad this Addon is being updated. I like the updates Pandora logo that is displayed when music is playing ok - the previous was fine too.

One thing I just noticed - it keeps fading in and out by itself. Has that always done that?

I like HTPC Guy's skin and am using that. I would like to see that or something like it be the default.

Future suggestions:

any way to add the ability to check the last several songs played like in the IOS app?

How about artist/song info?

I am curious how others listen using this Addon. Do they leave the Pandora window up or go to the XBMC music playback display? I generally leave the Pandora window up - particularly now since I want to access the thumbs. So, for me the list of stations on the left seems obtrusive (yes, I am nitpicking here) and I wish it would go away once I have selected a station.

- eTip - 2011-05-21

smorloc Wrote:Are you refering to the album art you see on the dialog with the thumbs up/down?

Are you using a remote or keybaord? On my remote, either stop or the >>| button takes me to the next tune...

Regards,
Steve

I am on ATV2 using a TiVo remote so I don't think I have those buttons. For video playback, I edited the Joystick.xml file to suit my needs. Maybe I need to do the same for music playback.

Do those buttons work the same for you whether you are in the Pandora screen (thumbs up/down screen) or the XBMC music playback screen (with Pandora playing)?

Yes, I meant the artwork in the Pandora screen. It's better now.

- smorloc - 2011-05-21

eTip Wrote:One thing I just noticed - it keeps fading in and out by itself. Has that always done that?

Yes it always has. I changed it so it doesn't do it as quickly as previous versions. Personally I don't like the fading so a I turned it down a bit...

eTip Wrote:I like HTPC Guy's skin and am using that. I would like to see that or something like it be the default.

That can be easily done. I'm guessing he won't mind.

eTip Wrote:any way to add the ability to check the last several songs played like in the IOS app?

I am not familar with the iOS application. Do you have a screen shot so I can understand what you are refering to?

eTip Wrote:How about artist/song info?

Pandora offers quite a bit in the way of additional information and I would love to give access to it. My problem is working within the current layout and my lack of graphic artist capabilties. I am not all that fond of the current layout. If I could, I would use the current window/dialog to display much more interesting info. Some ways to adjust the space could include:
  • Reduce or eliminate the real estate taken up by the station list. Typically I put on a station and listen to it for hours. I don't need to see all my other stations all the time
  • Make the "Pandora" graphics much smaller
  • Tighten up the layout of current information, buttons and progress bar
  • Add additional fields such as playlist, artist info, album info, genre, lyrics, etc

What doesn't fit in the current real estate could be moved to a secondary dialog.

eTip Wrote:I am curious how others listen using this Addon. Do they leave the Pandora window up or go to the XBMC music playback display?

50/50 beteween having the Pandora dialog up and watching the screen saver...

eTip Wrote:So, for me the list of stations on the left seems obtrusive (yes, I am nitpicking here) and I wish it would go away once I have selected a station.

I completely agree!

Can anyone work with me on a new layout? You'll work on the layout & graphics. I'll work on coding the interface and pulling/parsing the information from Pandora...

Regards,
Steve