Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- Livin - 2011-10-10

OK... I figured out the main issue...

1) the AddOn database needed to be deleted
2) the GIT version needed to be used... the version/link posted on the 1st post of this thread does not work and should be deleted to save others the 2 hours of frustrations!

thx for the help!

A background - youngsilver - 2011-10-10

Hi,
Thanks for the hard work, great plugin. I added this to my home menu and made a background for it if anyone's interested..

can be found here: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9632/pandorajesus.jpg

- htpc guy - 2011-10-10

youngsilver Wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the hard work, great plugin. I added this to my home menu and made a background for it if anyone's interested..

can be found here: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9632/pandorajesus.jpg

No thanks. I'm good. Wink

- JohnVee - 2011-10-10

htpc guy Wrote:No thanks. I'm good. Wink

Lmao...

- User 46219 - 2011-10-10

htpc guy Wrote:Want Pandora to look like this?
I have tested within Dharma and Eden

Download this zip file

I'd love to use your theme for this but I can't get the megaupload link to work. Is anyone else having problems with it?

**Nevermind, just tried it for the 13th time and it decided to work. Tongue

- Shalun - 2011-10-11

@htpc_guy
1. Thank you for the git instructions. No repo and the zip URL was not working well. I had not used git before and was clueless.
2. Great skin! Using it now with Dharma. It is clean and sexy. Yes it can be both!

Took me fifteen minutes to do both and well worth the time.

@spbogie
Again, thank you for the plugin. For me, it's the single most used plugin in my household. Girlfriend been mad at me for not fixing it, sooner. Also, please consider using htpc_guy's skin, for I second the change. Not to disparage you original skin. It is nice, too.

Cheers!

- htpc guy - 2011-10-11

Shalun Wrote:@htpc_guy
1. Thank you for the git instructions. No repo and the zip URL was not working well. I had not used git before and was clueless.
2. Great skin! Using it now with Dharma. It is clean and sexy. Yes it can be both!

Took me fifteen minutes to do both and well worth the time.

@spbogie
Again, thank you for the plugin. For me, it's the single most used plugin in my household. Girlfriend been mad at me for not fixing it, sooner. Also, please consider using htpc_guy's skin, for I second the change. Not to disparage you original skin. It is nice, too.

Cheers!

Glad you like it. Don't worry about hurting spboogies feelings. The current skin is mine as well.Cool

- jmcdonnell - 2011-10-11

Hi all,
this sounds great, but will it work outside of the US? And if not are there any options in the config to set up a proxy? Would love to use it as I do the BBC iPlayer which lets me set up proxy settings specific for that app - could be ported if it is not already there?
Just a thought, and thanks for the fine work!
Regards
J

- A_GroundedPilot - 2011-10-13

htpc guy Wrote:I'll give you a walkthrough for using Git

Thank you!! Pandora is the only XBMC addon I use, and it's frustrating to keep it up to date since I only use it occasionally. I've been wanting to use Git for a while, but it's surprisingly difficult to find basic tutorials anywhere on the web; everything starts at a fairly high level and goes up from there. I guess they figure if you're using Git you already know what you're doing. How wrong they are! Laugh

- Livin - 2011-10-13

A_GroundedPilot Wrote:Thank you!! Pandora is the only XBMC addon I use, and it's frustrating to keep it up to date since I only use it occasionally. I've been wanting to use Git for a while, but it's surprisingly difficult to find basic tutorials anywhere on the web; everything starts at a fairly high level and goes up from there. I guess they figure if you're using Git you already know what you're doing. How wrong they are! Laugh

I agree there needs to be a basic how-to for Git noobies. It is very simple once you figure out that the web site has a link for downloading the branch so there is really no 'work' necessary for the user.

- khaoohs - 2011-10-13

Thank you all for creating this addon.
Now, who do we talk to about getting this in the pre-Eden addon repository? =)

- kingtiger01 - 2011-10-17

This script does not function on XBOX/XBMC4XBOX Builds of XBMC.

My fork does however(xbmc4xbox) > zip here
---------

Does work great on XBMC Nightly, on Windows though...

- Svaerke - 2011-10-22

Thank you for posting this - I'd absolutely love to see this working on my box. So far, though, I've been stopped by problems with downloading the keys.

On forcing refresh, It freezes for about 90 seconds, then gives up and returns to the settings dialog without an error report (i believe - I might have missed it). When trying to start the script from the Music > Music Addons section, pretty much the same thing happens, but with a notice of "Unable to load Keys".

This is a log from one of these incidents:
Quote:06:35:03 T:10476 M:651046912 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
06:35:04 T:10476 M:648273920 NOTICE: PANDORA: Forcing key ReDownload
06:35:04 T:10476 M:648273920 NOTICE: PANDORA: Loading key from file "C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\key_in"
06:35:04 T:10476 M:648273920 NOTICE: PANDORA: Downloading key from url "https://raw.github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar/master/src/libpiano/crypt_key_input.h"
06:35:23 T:9780 M:648609792 ERROR: CPicture::CacheImage Unable to create new image special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/f/f54477ce.tbn from image
06:35:40 T:9780 M:647401472 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:56
06:36:39 T:10476 M:661241856 NOTICE: PANDORA: URLError: (8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol')
06:36:39 T:10476 M:661241856 NOTICE: PANDORA: No valid Input key
06:36:45 T:6300 M:662245376 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

In case it is of any concern:
- I am running XBMC Dharma (10.1, I believe) on Windows 7.
- I am able to load the crypt_key_input.h file in Chrome, by copying and pasting the github URL.
- My geographical location is Denmark, Europe, and I access US content via DNS-settings (using the service unblock-us). This works fine with Pandora's webpage and Boxee app.
- My system uses Danish time and date settings, but US regional settings (AM/PM time, US keyboard, etc.) to make Netflix via Windows Media Center happy.

Any thoughts on how I can make this work? As I said I am able to load the keys "manually" via the URL, so if I can somehow create the needed key file(s) manually using the crypt_key_input.h file, that might be a viable route.

Thank you.

- htpc guy - 2011-10-22

^^
Can you copy the text from the keys into notepad and save the files as crypt_key-input.h?
Once you have the key files created you should be able to drop them into the addon folder and be good.

On a side note, I installed the most recent version by pulling from git and did not have to update keys.

- YellowSheep - 2011-10-22

htpc guy Wrote:Want Pandora to look like this?
I have tested within Dharma and Eden

Download this zip file

extract the contents and copy to \XBMC\addons\xbmc-pandora

Profit?

Please make sure to make a backup of your current resources folder first!

spbogie, please feel free to include this if you like.

I know there is one version of the pandora addon within this thread that includes a way to choose between multiple skins. I can make more if demand exists and someone digs up the code to allow users to choose the skin within the addon menu.

Enjoy!

I am running the nightly from yesterday (10-21-11) on Apple TV 4.4.1 and I was able to get Pandora working but can not use the new skin. Any ideas?

relevant section of log file is located here.
http://pastebin.com/zgR1KeLu