Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- YellowSheep - 2011-10-26

htpc guy Wrote:
Code:
<setting id="skin" type="enum" label="Look + Feel"
        values="Default|Alaska" default="0"/>

This is added to the settings.xml file. It lets the user choose the skin using a spinner.

I had already figured out how to do this, however what I really would like is the ability to add skins to the folder and have the user be able to choose them without having to add it to the settings.xml file.

also you should change it to

Code:
<setting id="skin" type="[b]labelenum[/b]" label="Look + Feel"
        values="Default|Alaska" default="Default"/>

- YellowSheep - 2011-10-26

Here is my default.py file. The Skin setting type needs to be a labelenum for this to work

- htpc guy - 2011-10-27

^^ Works like a charm. Thanks! ^^

Hopefully tonight I can post a download link with another skin.

- YellowSheep - 2011-10-27

Cool, glad it works. I should probably add some checks to make sure the skin loads properly (i.e. the skin file actually exists) and give the user a good error message if it does not.

- htpc guy - 2011-10-27

Pandora with 3 different skins! I'll just throw some images out here and let them speak for themselves.

Choose Addon Settings to pick the skin

Default - Inspired by Pandora's website, Android and iOS apps

Alaska - Inspired by.... Umm I can't remember. Thanks HitcherLaugh

Smoke - This one has a partially transparent background. Works best with the artist slideshow addon. I believe its in the official repo.

Transparent background in effect.

Download Files
This is the entire working addon. Please back up your current Pandora skin to be safe.

- delcastilloe - 2011-10-28

I echo the other comments... great work thanks!

- ttierno2 - 2011-10-28

htpc guy Wrote:Pandora with 3 different skins! I'll just throw some images out here and let them speak for themselves.

Choose Addon Settings to pick the skin

Default - Inspired by Pandora's website, Android and iOS apps

Alaska - Inspired by.... Umm I can't remember. Thanks HitcherLaugh

Smoke - This one has a partially transparent background. Works best with the artist slideshow addon. I believe its in the official repo.

Transparent background in effect.

Download Files
This is the entire working addon. Please back up your current Pandora skin to be safe.

You haven't got the Pandora addon to work in conjunction with the 'artist slide show' on the ATV2, right?

Edit: I installed the add-on, and attached a video of what happens when running ArtistSlideshow on the ATV2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmT_XzaH3A

I didn't think you needed logs for this, since both scripts appear to be working, 'functionally'. Can anything be done here?

- htpc guy - 2011-10-28

ttierno2 Wrote:You haven't got the Pandora addon to work in conjunction with the 'artist slide show' on the ATV2, right?

Edit: I installed the add-on, and attached a video of what happens when running ArtistSlideshow on the ATV2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmT_XzaH3A

I didn't think you needed logs for this, since both scripts appear to be working, 'functionally'. Can anything be done here?

The Smoke skin is no different than the other two skins save for the transparency in the white channel. I only suggest the Artist Slideshow because it looks cool coming through the white transparent layer.

My suggestion to you is to turn off the music visualization or set it to the Wave one that I use. Also try switching skins. I'm using Aeon Nox and the skin has a setting to use visualization from Artist Slideshow. Cirrus Ex also has Artist Slideshow support and I know it runs well on the ATV2.

- Prich46 - 2011-11-02

Newbie to XMBC...Looking for zip file to current version of Pandora on ATV2

+1 for Bookmark tracks and artist - Whitershores - 2011-11-03

I would love this feature too. Bookmarking tracks on Pandora for Android is mainly how I find new music to add to my collection. Listen to Pandora, Bookmark tracks I like, go and get them later. Would love to see this implemented.

- jjense01 - 2011-11-03

I'm really digging the new skins. I don't if it's my settings or what, but I can only use the the new default skin (which I like better than the old one because it's easier to tell what button I'm currently on) because all of the other skins seem to have very faint font, especially Alaska. I also like the new thumb, it looks better on my home screen.

Does anyone know if this is available in repo or if it will ever be in a repo? It certainly deserves to be and I'd LOVE to get updates automatically.

Unusual Workaround - nosbig - 2011-11-04

I was having trouble with XBMC using a pre-packaged build on Ubuntu 11.10. Like many, it was having trouble fetching keys.

After enabling the debug log, I discovered that XBMC was first getting a 404 error, followed by an "Unsupported URL Type" message. Apparently, my build of XBMC was built without compiled support for SSL or it is misconfigured.

As a workaround, I placed the crypt_*.h files into the xbmc-pandora/ folder in addons. This option failed as it tried to fetch more from the Internet from the same repository.

I took more drastic immediate measures. I copied all of the files from the libpandora folder and placed them in a dedicated directory on my web service and changed the BASE_KEY_URL value in keys.py.

Pandora now works in XBMC for me. Eventually, I might either rebuild or submit a patch which would allow a fallback to other URLs.

- Livin - 2011-11-05

Anyone know of a way to hide the Pandora screen/menu when music is playing so on-screen is only the visualizations?

- htpc guy - 2011-11-05

The osd has a down arrow that takes you to the now playing screen. its just below the thumbs buttons.

- Livin - 2011-11-05

htpc guy Wrote:The osd has a down arrow that takes you to the now playing screen. its just below the thumbs buttons.

cool, I'll check it out. Would be nice to be able to set an option for it to default to hiding the menu.