Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- cb526 - 2012-01-13

roc4fun Wrote:HI cb562, Not the zip file, but the installed addon. I don't know what OS you're using. My live version installs in a hidden folder ".xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/libpandora/pandora.py".

Search for a folder called addon or addons.

HTH

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I can't seem to find it. I can find the addons folder but that particular file (script.xbmc.pandora....) isn't in there.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I greatly appreciate any help here. Thanks!

- newatv2user - 2012-01-13

cb526 Wrote:I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I can't seem to find it. I can find the addons folder but that particular file (script.xbmc.pandora....) isn't in there.

Just to be sure, are you looking here?

%appdata%/xbmc/addons/

- CHRONiC YOUTH - 2012-01-13

cb526 Wrote:I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I can't seem to find it. I can find the addons folder but that particular file (script.xbmc.pandora....) isn't in there.

mobile/library/prefrences/xbmc/addons

is there anyway to get this script to continue playing in the background so I can exit out of pandora back to xbmc frontrow..

- cgebke - 2012-01-14

I have a problem I hope someone could help me with. I am running Eden nightly build on Windows and the Pandora plugin comes up. The screen looks good, but I can move over my different channels, but when I select them nothing happens. I hear a noise so it is selecting them, but no music ever starts. Nothing happens.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- johnalanmichael - 2012-01-14

That'd be interesting if it was possible & probably will be when the software is released to do that, but I think it'll be more likely when apps (ios games, etc.) are being used through it, which may not happen until a 3rd Gen unit is available. As it is, it would seem to be a useless feature on atv2, if there was a background feature so you could exit to xbmc front row, what would you do next? Go back to Pandora to quit so the atv could perform the obvious video task without the terribly annoying background noise that would distract you from enjoying the video task you were trying to perform? Not trying to be condescending but if it were available, I think we'd be doing much more on this device already.

- johnalanmichael - 2012-01-14

Read the previous posts, they are very helpful

- bac522 - 2012-01-14

cgebke Wrote:I have a problem I hope someone could help me with. I am running Eden nightly build on Windows and the Pandora plugin comes up. The screen looks good, but I can move over my different channels, but when I select them nothing happens. I hear a noise so it is selecting them, but no music ever starts. Nothing happens.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Assuming you've already reviewed post 1064

- cgebke - 2012-01-14

Oddly enough I scanned this entire thing and was a little overwhelmed. Will try that. Sorry to add any confusion.

- CHRONiC YOUTH - 2012-01-14

johnalanmichael Wrote:That'd be interesting if it was possible & probably will be when the software is released to do that, but I think it'll be more likely when apps (ios games, etc.) are being used through it, which may not happen until a 3rd Gen unit is available. As it is, it would seem to be a useless feature on atv2, if there was a background feature so you could exit to xbmc front row, what would you do next? Go back to Pandora to quit so the atv could perform the obvious video task without the terribly annoying background noise that would distract you from enjoying the video task you were trying to perform? Not trying to be condescending but if it were available, I think we'd be doing much more on this device already.

LOL you sir are an idjjjjjjjjiot, its called multitasking Wink, xbmc has their music player enabled to function in the background, have you ever thought as to why they would do that? Probably similarly to the same reason you would want pandora to do the same... HELLO! haha

- cb526 - 2012-01-14

newatv2user Wrote:Just to be sure, are you looking here?

%appdata%/xbmc/addons/

Hmmm...

Where can I find "%appdata%" ? I can find the addons folder within the xbmc folder but the pandora script is nowhere to be found, despite the fact that it's definitely installed and will run (albeit unsuccessfully).

- spbogie - 2012-01-15

v1.2.10 zip is up with the fix. Link in the first post. Thanks for your patience.

- johnalanmichael - 2012-01-15

hahaha, I'm fully aware of multitasking. But really, what are you going to do in xbmc on the atv2 that you would want Pandora running in the background? Not much……idjjjjjjjjiot!

- Skurvy_Pirate - 2012-01-15

For some reason I am now having problems with the crypt_keys. It is trying to download them from github and put them in the Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\ folder but they never show up there. I have tried placing them there and I have gotten as far as "No Valid Output Key".

Anyone have this issue or ideas what I am doing wrong? It was working fine a while ago, I just haven't listened in a while and went to update to this version since things have changes since then.

- johnalanmichael - 2012-01-16

Skurvy_Pirate Wrote:For some reason I am now having problems with the crypt_keys. It is trying to download them from github and put them in the Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\ folder but they never show up there. I have tried placing them there and I have gotten as far as "No Valid Output Key".

Anyone have this issue or ideas what I am doing wrong? It was working fine a while ago, I just haven't listened in a while and went to update to this version since things have changes since then.

Have you noticed the upload for the new version?

- Skurvy_Pirate - 2012-01-16

johnalanmichael Wrote:Have you noticed the upload for the new version?

I am trying version v1.2.10, should have put that in my post.