Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - nicbot - 2012-03-13

Does anyone else have an issue where Pandora plays for a while (~5 songs), then stops and you have to hit the skip or play button to get it to continue playing again?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - fritzboyle - 2012-03-13

Yes, I occasionally have to hit play to get it started again. it happens intermittently

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - nicbot - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-13, 21:51)fritzboyle Wrote: Yes, I occasionally have to hit play to get it started again. it happens intermittently

So it's not just me then Smile I don't remember having this issue pre-Eden either. Just throwing it out there.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - idtjes3 - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-13, 21:53)nicbot Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 21:51)fritzboyle Wrote: Yes, I occasionally have to hit play to get it started again. it happens intermittently

So it's not just me then Smile I don't remember having this issue pre-Eden either. Just throwing it out there.

Does this have anything to do with Pandora's " Are you still listening" popup? I remember listening online through a browser if the computer was inactive for a certain period of time, it would ask you this in order to keep streaming.

Also Is there any benefit in using this script with a paid account ass opposed to a free one? I was thinking of signing up because it really is a great deal each month and was just wondering what people experiences are with each type of account and xbmc. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - adamomg - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 15:38)idtjes3 Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 21:53)nicbot Wrote:

Does this have anything to do with Pandora's " Are you still listening" popup? I remember listening online through a browser if the computer was inactive for a certain period of time, it would ask you this in order to keep streaming.

Also Is there any benefit in using this script with a paid account ass opposed to a free one? I was thinking of signing up because it really is a great deal each month and was just wondering what people experiences are with each type of account and xbmc. Thanks

I won't say that having a paid account makes all of these problems go away, but I do not have the problems listed above and I have a paid account. This script has always worked flawlessly for me. I also use Pandora on my phone and listen to it while at work. Commercial free and with a bit better quality.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - fritzboyle - 2012-03-14

Well, even though the other user who says he has a paid account and doesn't see this behavior... I am a true believer in Spotify as a subscription model; I am going to hold out for an xbmc spotify addon that will be ported to the iOS framework.

I like having the ability to create my own playlists, play almost any track, album or genre, as well as shared playlists and subscriptions through spotify. The sound quality is great, too.

Right now I use my iPad to airplay spotify through either apple tv or through xbmc, but that is not as elegant as I would like.

Since we didn't see this behavior pre-eden, I am hoping we will see a script update that can identify what happened. I will try to get a log file next time it happens and we can post those to see if we can identify a source of the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - avus m3 - 2012-03-14

Nice! I have to remember this when I get home.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Toddmc - 2012-03-18

My pandora subscription expired and the script stopped working, when I renewed it the script was working only a few minutes later. Seems fair since this script skips the ads and commercials. Still, it would be nice if there was an official XBMC or media center plugin. But until then, good job on the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Lochiel - 2012-03-20

Just wanted to say thank you for this great script! I'm a huge Pandora fan, and love being able to listen to it via XBMC. I signed the gDoc thing asking for an official app.

I'd like the echo the question re: adjusting volume. I have to cut my TV's volume to 50%-70% when I open up the app. Would it be possible to have some sort of volume adjustment? Even if it was preset in the settings, I'd appreciate it.

I am also having the occasional "Stop". Like I said, I pay for the full service. So I know it isn't Pandora trying to pop up ads. And it happens randomly, so it isn't their "Are you still Listening" bit. It doesn't happen enough to be a problem; just thought I'd throw the data out there.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Saudistu - 2012-03-20

Just installed this on my ATV2. Great looking feature. Problem is that I have entered my Pandora account details and it logs in fine, but then at "Fetching Stations" it just stops working. The bar that should increase as the stations are loaded is empty. Pandora is not frozen as I can exit by pressing menu. Any ideas ? Could it be the fact that I am using unotelly fixed i.p address ? This works fine with Netflix and other Geo locked plugins. Thanks for any help. I have done a search, but nothing relates to this problem directly.

RE: - digitalb0y - 2012-03-20

(2012-02-16, 02:18)Tranceaddict420 Wrote:
13car Wrote:Nevermind, just downloading it and putting in add ons it is at least showing up. I've got some other issues with win 7 x64 i must address before I find out if I actually got it working

As an aside, the Operating system of your COMPUTER shouldn't matter as long as you are able to SSH into the Apple TV 2. I have installed from Mac OS X and Windows and the only difference is what tool I use to transfer the script files to the ATV2.

Not to be a troll here, but where does it say he's using an ATV2?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - opticalc - 2012-03-23

Is it possible to get pandora set up to automatically play a certain station when loaded? I've poked through all the xml and cant figure out much. but thats not saying much though

Thanks. love the app!

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Jayhovah - 2012-03-23

This is add on RULES! (Do kids still say that?)

Is anyone else concerned about Burn-In on their Plasma displays? If I leave mine running, even in the visualization mode I get pretty heavy image retention from the album case... I can hit the 'info' button on my MCE Remote to get rid of it, but it just reappears with the next song... Is there something the rest of you are doing to avoid this?

Ideal scenario: Album info shifts to a different part of the screen with each new song.

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - lethic99 - 2012-03-24

Just installed the latest bits but when I try to launch it, It just sits on the screen saying 'loading script'.

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Frank_Castl3 - 2012-03-30

Sorry if its already been covered but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Is there a way to get more than 2 channels of audio from the Pandora XBMC plugin? I don't even get the receiver to notice a LFE (subwoofer) channel.