Kodi Community Forum
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=70471)

- rollinns - 2010-06-05

Any other ideas?

- spbogie - 2010-06-09

@rollinns
According to that error, your xbmc is missing the xbmc.Settings class. This means you have either an old, or somehow otherwise crippled version of xbmc. Go into the system info and get the actual build number.

- rollinns - 2010-06-13

Thanks for the help, I think it is somehow crippled since when I got to system settings - About XBMC, then nothing happens.

What files do I need to get or change to remedy my lack of the xbmc.Settings class problem I have?

Thanks again,
Rollinns

- rollinns - 2010-06-16

I reinstalled the 4-27-2010 release and still no change.

Here's the log from today, it looks the same:
06:01:06 M: 40894464 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--

06:01:06 M: 40873984 NOTICE:

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\Pandora\default.py", line 139, in ?

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE:

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: panda = Panda()

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\Pandora\default.py", line 31, in __init__

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: self.settings = xbmc.Settings( path=scriptPath )

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: AttributeError

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: :

06:01:12 M: 37392384 NOTICE: 'module' object has no attribute 'Settings'

06:01:12 M: 37392384 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

06:01:12 M: 37916672 NOTICE:

06:01:12 M: 37916672 NOTICE:

Are there files I can modify to tell it to look in a different place?

- spbogie - 2010-06-16

The build dates you keep posting tell me nothing. What SVN revision is it? The settings module has existed since revision 21010 and was only recently removed to be replaced by the new Addon module in revision 30748. If you're between those then it should work and I have no idea what to tell you other than double-check that it installed correctly.

- rollinns - 2010-06-16

My SVN Rev is 29407.

How can I reinstall the settings module?

I've completely reinstalled twice and neither newer version has worked.
I don't get errors during the install, is there a way to double check for install errors?

Thanks,
Rollinns

- spbogie - 2010-06-16

There is really nothing you can do to (re)install just the Settings module. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason xbmc isn't actually reinstalling as you think it is. Have you tried completely erasing the old version before installing the new? Beyond that, I can't help. Go ask over on the xbox4xbmc forums because your error is a general xbmc issue not specific to this script, and beyond my scope of support.

- karatekickz - 2010-06-17

Thanks for the script. Unfortunately, Just after the "Fetching Stations" pops up I am locking up to a black screen with the Pandora "P" logo in the top left. Here is the relevant portion of my log. It requires me to restart XBMC after the lockup. I am running SVN 28274 (just before the addons merge)

[0000253] [XBMC Test ] 22:09:29 T:3344 M:149630976 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
[0000254] [XBMC Test ] 22:09:31 T:2072 M:152158208 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ?
[0000255] [XBMC Test ] 22:09:31 T:2072 M:152158208 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed
[0000256] [XBMC Test ] 22:09:31 T:3344 M:152158208 NOTICE: PANDORA: Window Initalized

- spbogie - 2010-06-20

@karatekickz
That issue is unfortunately a side effect that some are experiencing with my attempted hidden player mode implementation. Originally thought it was a Linux only issue, but seems it affects some windows as well. Haven't had time to work on it recently. Anyways, just stick with 4e4b37e for now and you should be good.

- apex82 - 2010-06-24

logged in fine but now just getting a black screen and floating P in top left corner.... its been 20 minutes now. Using the prior release exhibits the same symptom as well. Help please....

Nevermind the prior version works great. I am using USA vpn in Canada as well. Thanks for Script

- Swwethip1 - 2010-06-25

great script, is it possible to use this when using xbmc as a webserver(from a touchscreen as a remote)?

Heck yes! - henr0 - 2010-06-26

Man, this script rocks. Makes the fan spin up on my xbox alot - I guess he's thinking too hard. But worked perfectly, streaming pandora through the xbox! I am def. going to buy pandora for this, now. The final straw was getting it into the home theater and yes, I am still pinning it all on my slow little mid-def xbox. Good enough!

Looking forward to any enhancements you end up delivering like ratings and such. I sure hope Pandora doesn't shut this down!

- apex82 - 2010-06-26

Swwethip1 Wrote:great script, is it possible to use this when using xbmc as a webserver(from a touchscreen as a remote)?

Im using it perfectly with my iphone as remote... not sure if its using a webserver though.

- Swwethip1 - 2010-06-30

apex82 Wrote:Im using it perfectly with my iphone as remote... not sure if its using a webserver though.

from within xbmc? what remote app are you using?

- shifty - 2010-07-04

@spbogie

I haven't logged into the forum for a little over 3 years now because I've been distracted, I haven't been having any problems with XBMC and there hasn't been anything come up that has been mindblowing enough to give someone props.

This was worth it. I was originally using a recent T3CH release of XBMC (see more info below for current setup) with the 4e4b37e release of your Pandora plugin on an old skool xbox and it's working like a champ. Worthy of being rolled in as a stock script for XBMC, very well-written and useful .... Finally I have an excuse to subscribe/buy Pandora One service. It will be a shame if they find a way to blacklist this, you're doing them a favor in releasing this, I've seen more than one person say they would be subscribing to One service. At $3/month, beats the hell out of satellite radio.

My only beef - and it's so petty it's almost not worth mentioning - is ... it would be nice to indicate in the README (and in your first post) which file needs to be hacked for the username and password, and an explanation of the audio types used would be great - granted, I can dig around easily and find the info, but I'm a software engineer, this is typical for me - the vast majority of folks aren't.

Good job, I look forward to seeing the future additions of this script. I hope when you reach a point that you feel like you've accomplished your goal, you allow one or two other brilliant minds to jump in and give it that panache and polish that only a fresh pair of eyes and talent can offer sometimes.

EDIT: Just a heads-up. I went ahead and installed 9324d5f8 of your script and it is also working great. It seems to load and buffer tracks a HELL of a lot faster and not get stuck as often. Of course, I guess half of the buttons won't work in either, nor the track position meter, but whatever.

I like how the script minimizes to show the audio visuals, etc.

I noticed with the previous version that screwy things happen when you pause for a minute or two - the song skipped forward shortly after unpausing when trying to talk with the woman earlier.

There is apparently a config file saved in /UserData/script_data/Pandora/ with the settings for connection and user login info, I didn't remove between upgrades, I noticed a few minutes ago that it's the same in both versions after diff'ing. Will it be suggested to remove to ensure a clean upgrade in future releases?

FYI, for my setup I am running original xbox with XBMC release version XBMC-SVN_2010-04-27_rev29407-T3CH. Granted, it's not suuuuper new, but less than 70 days old. Again, working like a champ.

I really look forward to getting the thumb up/down buttons working, I'm going nuts not being able to adjust my new Pandora One profile I created just for the XBMC (in case they decided to ban/disable my original account for using this?)

EDIT 2: Ok, so the minimize thing... I can't get it to do it again after tinkering with the settings.xml file earlier (maybe the first time was just a fluke?) It is definitely loading songs faster.... We will see how it holds up for the night. Crazy things happen if the player window doesn't minimize and you start hitting buttons like "EXIT", "MENU", etc. I still get the occasional hangup at demux_open as well.

Hey, if you ever need me to do testing on new versions for old xbox, I'm game to help. Give me a shout. I spent several years as a QA engineer breaking things and I'm a tweaker at heart, not formally educated, so always thinking outside the box Wink