Kodi Community Forum
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS (/showthread.php?tid=70603)

- sladinki007 - 2010-07-11

sladinki007 Wrote:mmm. i made the jumo to a svn
but get this error at the creation of the tables

14:03:08 T:3636 M:1138036736 DEBUG: Mysql execute: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_path ON path ( strPath )
14:03:08 T:3636 M:1138036736 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1170)
Query: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_path ON path ( strPath )
14:03:08 T:3636 M:1137885184 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::CreateTables unable to create tables:0
14:03:08 T:3636 M:1137881088 DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
14:03:09 T:3636 M:1137487872 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: select count(1) from tvshow
14:03:09 T:3636 M:1137475584 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::HasContent failed

what mysql version do we need for this thing ?
running mysql 4 for the moment on my nas ...
mysql5 ?

or is something else wrong ?

Greetings
Slad

Update ... Installed mysql 5 and problems solved
populating database now

Smile

- muggsy - 2010-07-13

thanks for the info guys.... Using my Readynas's mysql and multiply DBs. Using this to sync my mac my linux HTPC and my trusty old xbox.

Bit of a struggle getting the thumbnails synced up, but rsync is your friend and a data source share setup on my NAS seems to work OK... looking forward to seeing thumbs etc added to the DB...

- sladinki007 - 2010-07-13

one more bug
the scrape script should escape '

16:17:51 T:3560 M:1490001920 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into actorlinkmovie (idActor, idMovie, strRole) values(10709,972,'Bruce''s Soundman')

16:21:58 T:5856 M:1528987648 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1064)
Query: update episode set c00='Examination Day',c01='When a foreign student dies in the middle of an exam, Homicide delves into a world where speaking up can cost someone their life. Greedy universities milking the international cash cow. Opportunistic businessmen exploiting the hopes and dreams of young students. Rumours spreading like wildfire across campus. Competition for a shot at an Undercover training course creates tension within the team, particularly for Simon who wasn\''t nominated.

And a feisty Federal Cop flying solo connects with Duncan, much to the intrigue of the rest of the team.',c02='',c03='7.000000',c04='Mia Tolhurst',c05='2008-09-22',c06='<thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/80480/388502.jpg</thumb>',c07='',c08=NULL,c09='',c10='Kevin Carlin',c11='',c12='2',c13='10',c14='',c15='-1',c16='-1',c17='-1'where idEpisode=13462

greetings
Slad

- jmarshall - 2010-07-14

That should already be fixed in SVN.

- bmillham - 2010-07-14

indy5 Wrote:I know this has been discussed to death, but I am still not fully understanding how the poster cache works for movies.

I am currently running build 31686 and have the mysql database running on an unraid server. I have no issues connecting to the server and updating the database from one of my 3 xbmc setups.

The issue that I am seeing is that when I add new movie titles through a library update, the movie poster displayed is actually the fanart image distorted into the movie poster box. However, if I press "I" to display the info, the correct poster image is displayed, and when I exit back to the showcase view, the image corrects itself. It seems the only way I can correctly cache the poster file is by viewing the info or details of each movie title that I add to the library.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I can provide log files if that will help.

Thanks

I have the same problem. I've started 2 different threads looking for help with this, but never get any response. If I look at the movie info, the thumb is there. When I go back to the movie list, the thumb only shows up after looking at the movie info...

- sladinki007 - 2010-07-14

i am in the process of importing 3600+ movies and about 300 different tv seasons...
uploading the tv seasons through normal mode
movies through library mode

central thumbs folder on the computer which is collecting the tv series and mysql also running now on that same computer as the nas box was too slow to handle abuse well Tongue

can't see what you are describing ...
have fanart showing up from all movies and seperate thumbs ...
only thing what happens on some tv series is that if there is no thumb that it shows the distorted banner in the thumbs place ....
didn't see it do that yet with movies ... but before i started importing everything again i delete my whole thumbs folder as with all messing around it had rown already to 4 gb Tongue
so to be sure there was no doubles i just deleted and now importing everything all over again...

already set my mysql to take a daily backup of the tables Smile

jmarshall Wrote:That should already be fixed in SVN.

will upgrade to latest build today and see if it is solved ... for the moment running R31463

was scared to run in trouble when i installed a too new build Tongue

but seems things are pretty stable in these builds so will jump to newest soon

- indy5 - 2010-07-14

sladinki007 Wrote:central thumbs folder on the computer which is collecting the tv series and mysql also running now on that same computer as the nas box was too slow to handle abuse well Tongue

can't see what you are describing ...

This is probably the issue that I am seeing. I do not have a centralized thumb folder. After reading through this thread a few times, I am starting to understand that if you do not have a central place to store the thumbnails, then each xbmc installation will cache its own thumbs.

What I have been having trouble finding here however is what parameter needs to be set in xbmc to map the thumbs to a different location. I do not want to remap the entire profile, but just the thumbs. Is this possible, and if so, where is it set?

Thanks

indy5 Wrote:This is probably the issue that I am seeing. I do not have a centralized thumb folder. After reading through this thread a few times, I am starting to understand that if you do not have a central place to store the thumbnails, then each xbmc installation will cache its own thumbs.

What I have been having trouble finding here however is what parameter needs to be set in xbmc to map the thumbs to a different location. I do not want to remap the entire profile, but just the thumbs. Is this possible, and if so, where is it set?

Thanks

HI,

it is explained in this thread but for linux

for windows
symlinks will do the trick

see this site for some info

Quote:http://www.windows7home.net/how-to-create-symbolic-link-in-windows-7/

works for XP and vista too Smile

just copy all thumbs to your fastest computer when that is done ... remove thumbnails folder from the second computer
Share your thumbnails folder with write permissions on the fastest computer and add a symlink on the second computer
since we are linking a folder here is the command mklink /D "place where the folder has to be" "place where the folder really is"
depending on the permissions you set on the shared thumbnails folder can it be written too and read from Smile

We are hoping the release crew will add the thumbs to the mysql database in time ... but that could be a problem for some people as your mysql will grow quickly Smile

hope this helps

Greetz
Slad

sladinki007 Wrote:will upgrade to latest build today and see if it is solved ... for the moment running R31463

was scared to run in trouble when i installed a too new build Tongue

but seems things are pretty stable in these builds so will jump to newest soon

Newest Build xbmc-r31755-trunk.exe on the website does solve the mysql error Smile

Thanks for that

Greetz
Slad

- MrDVD - 2010-07-14

Hallo, anyone have maybe an helping hint for me ? Smile

I have 3 XBMC under Linux with an central mysql db and all works great.
Now i have installed an new XBMC under W7 and this works also great BUT when i add to the advancedsettings.xml the data for the mysql db its sooooooooooo slow.

Its the same when i use my already old mysql db but also when i create a new one for this pc.

Any hints ?

- harryzimm - 2010-07-14

Hi,
I suffer the same problem when using different OS'. When i have a windows mysql DB my linux htpc's are slow as hell but my windows pc is normal. When i have a linux mysql DB my linux htpc's are normal but windows htpc is slow as hell. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so i just stuck with linux. Obviosly there is a problem connecting to a mysql DB that is not on the native operating system. Any info on this is also appreciated.

cheers

- bmillham - 2010-07-14

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, anyone have maybe an helping hint for me ? Smile

I have 3 XBMC under Linux with an central mysql db and all works great.
Now i have installed an new XBMC under W7 and this works also great BUT when i add to the advancedsettings.xml the data for the mysql db its sooooooooooo slow.

Its the same when i use my already old mysql db but also when i create a new one for this pc.

Any hints ?

Try adding
Code:
skip-name-resolve

to the my.conf (or my.ini ) on the system that the mysql server is installed, and restart the mysql server.

I don't know why it would work OK on your linux systems, but I had the same problem, and the above fix worked for me.

- MrDVD - 2010-07-14

bmillham Wrote:Try adding
Code:
skip-name-resolve

to the my.conf (or my.ini ) on the system that the mysql server is installed, and restart the mysql server.

I don't know why it would work OK on your linux systems, but I had the same problem, and the above fix worked for me.

THX this did the trick Smile

You tested also the other way ? (add the Windows names to the linux hosts file)

- bmillham - 2010-07-14

Glad it worked for you!

My mysql server is on a windows system, but I never tried adding the clients to the local hosts. I don't want to have to maintain that it a new clients is added, so for me it was easier to just turn off the reverse DNS lookup.