Kodi Community Forum
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS (/showthread.php?tid=70603)

- myrison - 2011-02-21

As has been pointed out several times in previous posts in this thread, one potential problem when moving your existing library to mysql is that you might need to update the location/path of your movie files so that all computers on your network can access them via the same path (i.e. moving to an smb or nfs path instead of a local directory). Recreating the library means you have to give up all of your historical library information (watched counts, status, etc.), and manually editing the XBMC datbase usually results in being able to update the path, but losing all cached thumbnails.

If you'd like to do this without losing your cached thumbnails, file watched history, etc., I wrote up a guide on my blog on how to use XBMC to recreate the necessary thumbnails after you manually update the path to the new file location in the XBMC database. Check it out and let me know if there are questions.

- avus m3 - 2011-02-22

Can someone post all the suggested indices to add? They are sort of spread throughout the thread. I am going to trash my db and recreate it. I checked the NFO's and everything is correct but no sets since switching have worked. I have not added any index to any of my tables but am not going to turn down speed improvements.

- tboooe - 2011-02-23

I am not sure why this is happening but my movie, tv, music views keep changing from Library to Files views. This didnt start happening until I changed over to the mysql database. I can go and change each view back to library and everything works fine. I wonder if this is happening because the htpc is having issues connecting to the mysql database? I dont see any errors in the log at start up. Any ideas?

- bradvido88 - 2011-03-07

There has been a lot of discussion about the charset that needs to be used and making sure you use latin1.

I do have latin1 selected, but I'm running into a problem.
For example. The TV show The Office has an actor named "Oscar Nuñez". But in the MySQL database, it shows up as: "Oscar Nuñez".
Is there any way to fix this and make the actor name correct in MySQL?
I think changing to UTF-8 might fix this issue, but does this cause other problems?

- boykster - 2011-03-07

myrison Wrote:As has been pointed out several times in previous posts in this thread, one potential problem when moving your existing library to mysql is that you might need to update the location/path of your movie files so that all computers on your network can access them via the same path (i.e. moving to an smb or nfs path instead of a local directory). Recreating the library means you have to give up all of your historical library information (watched counts, status, etc.), and manually editing the XBMC datbase usually results in being able to update the path, but losing all cached thumbnails.

If you'd like to do this without losing your cached thumbnails, file watched history, etc., I wrote up a guide on my blog on how to use XBMC to recreate the necessary thumbnails after you manually update the path to the new file location in the XBMC database. Check it out and let me know if there are questions.

+1 on this post and your blog entry - I've been fiddling with this for a while without success. I was tackling it from the 'generate a new hash and update the thumbnails DB' approach, but your solution is easier and better.

- jdandc - 2011-03-11

I have setup MySQL and added the following to the advancedsettings.xml :-

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.100</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_films</name>
</videodatabase>

I want the library to remove any items that no longer exist, previously I used the following :-

<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>

I have tried a combination of the 2 without any success.

Can anyone show me what I need to do in order for MySQL to work, that when you update the library, not only adds new content but also removes any content that is no longer available ?

I would appreciate any help.

- colbert - 2011-03-11

^^^ I would really like to know how to do that as well!

- Philmatic - 2011-03-11

jdandc Wrote:I want the library to remove any items that no longer exist, previously I used the following :-

<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>

I have tried a combination of the 2 without any success.

Can anyone show me what I need to do in order for MySQL to work, that when you update the library, not only adds new content but also removes any content that is no longer available ?

I would appreciate any help.

colbert Wrote:^^^ I would really like to know how to do that as well!

You must also toggle the "Update library on startup" option in the Video Library settings.

- jdandc - 2011-03-11

Philmatic, you are missing the point, I appreciate you trying to help though.

What I am trying to do is use MySQL, all working etc, except when I update, it only adds new content, it does not remove the library entry for deleted or moved content.

It makes no difference if I do this manually or set update library on startup.

Any one else help on this ? see my original post.
Happy to supply more info if needed.

- bradvido88 - 2011-03-11

jdandc Wrote:What I am trying to do is use MySQL, all working etc, except when I update, it only adds new content, it does not remove the library entry for deleted or moved content.

It makes no difference if I do this manually or set update library on startup.
Does the clean actually run at the end of the update? Check the debug log to see if it actually cleans. Then we can go from there. If it's not cleaning, you probably have an error in you advancedsettings.xml (debug log will tell us that as well). Post your debug log to pastebin and we can help.

- jdandc - 2011-03-15

Link to the xbmc.log :-
http://pastebin.com/rXw3gaJA

I look forward to any feedback.
Thanks.

jdandcWink

- bradvido88 - 2011-03-15

jdandc Wrote:Link to the xbmc.log :-
http://pastebin.com/rXw3gaJA

I look forward to any feedback.
From this line:
Code:
20:33:33 T:3540 M:1038381056  NOTICE: No advancedsettings.xml to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
It looks like you put your advancedsettings.xml in the wrong place.
XBMC is looking for it at:
Code:
D:\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\Advancedsettings.xml

- jdandc - 2011-03-16

Ok, apologies for that, corrected and new xbmc.log can be found at :-
http://pastebin.com/Qm2f7Eef

I did 2 scans, first one added some films.
2nd scan I deleted a film and it doesnt delete the entry in my libray, unless I manually delete it.

I would like the Update Library to automatically, delete any films that are no longer in the library.

Thanks.

- bradvido88 - 2011-03-16

jdandc Wrote:Ok, apologies for that, corrected and new xbmc.log can be found at :-
http://pastebin.com/Qm2f7Eef
Not corrected. From the log:
Code:
NOTICE: No advancedsettings.xml to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
It looks like you also changed from running in portable mode since your last log, which changes where XBMC looks for the file.
Now XBMC is looking for the advancedsettings.xml file in:
Code:
C:\Users\Indy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Advancedsettings.xml

- myrison - 2011-03-17

boykster Wrote:+1 on this post and your blog entry - I've been fiddling with this for a while without success. I was tackling it from the 'generate a new hash and update the thumbnails DB' approach, but your solution is easier and better.

Thanks for posting back and I'm glad it helped you. Considering how many hours I spent trying other methods that didn't work, I'm glad to have lessened the frustration for someone else. Smile