Kodi Community Forum
MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback (/showthread.php?tid=70727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-31

mudstuff Wrote:@steelman1991, thank you so much for this! I hope to give this a try as I've had problems with lossless 1080p files with the default player and with xbmc live, I have problems with getting lossless audio.

Win7 is where I want to be as I like to do a bit of surfing on my Revo 3610 and use utorrent etc. Everything is working great in XBMC apart from 1:1 rips to mkv so hopefully using MPC-HC will cure that as the files play fine in VLC/WMP/TMT3.

EDIT: Thanks for the link for audio too, that all looks like it'll work fine to output everything without conversion (PCM as PCM, TrueHD as TrueHD) however, it seems that a pop-up will come up everytime you play a video which really isn't very HTPC friendly when using a remote! I don't mind DTS MA and TrueHD being converted to PCM and having that bitstreamed if that solves it. This'll no doubt keep me busy for a while!

Yeah I get the damned pop-up to, but only where there is more than 1 audio track in the file being played. Have another look at the audio thread I'm sure that somewhere in there the author has a fix for the continual pop-up, the one I get I can't get a fix for other than to re-mux the few files I do have with multiple audio tracks to 1 track only - problem solved simples!!!!

Pop-Up problem - go into ReClock config - Advance settings and make sure "Force ReClock to be loaded instead of default renderers (recommnded)" is unchecked - 1st page of the guide.

- mudstuff - 2010-04-04

Thanks, I only have 1 audio track in mine - I'm ripping my Blus to HDD and retaining only the lossless audio track. I plan to go through this soon. Initial tests with MPC-HC have played back any DTS and Dolby lossless formats but I get no PCM. This is without doing anything, however, so I'm sure I'll get PCM working with the guide you linked to. TMT3 plays everything but doesn't allow additional commands like MPC-HC to stop and exit back to xbmc so I'd rather use MPC.

Incidentally, how do you set that in MPC? I can see the list of commands in the options menu and that you can change them but what do you change "stop" to or do you change "exit" to work with the stop command?

All I'll need then is to try and get 24p working and I'll have replaced my bluray player for all intents and purposes (though I'll likely still use it on big releases like Avatar to ensure I'm getting perfect PQ and AQ)

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-04

mudstuff Wrote:Incidentally, how do you set that in MPC? I can see the list of commands in the options menu and that you can change them but what do you change "stop" to or do you change "exit" to work with the stop command?

Yes that's exactly what you need to do - change exit command to MEDIA_STOP and your good to go.

- mudstuff - 2010-04-04

Awesome, thanks steelman1991.

- zilexa - 2010-04-05

If I understand correctly, using your method you will loose the benefits of XBMC during video playback. I like the info about current time, playback time, remaining time and especially ending time. This is shown by my skin when I pause playback.
Since your method starts up MPC HC, I won't see this info?

christoofar Wrote:Cool..figured as such. But now my goal is to get a copy of Win 7 on my HTPC first so I can take advantage of wasapi audio, since kmixer sux in XP.
If I am gonna do this, I wanna do it right.Nod

what's the problem with audio in XP?

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-05

zilexa Wrote:If I understand correctly, using your method you will loose the benefits of XBMC during video playback. I like the info about current time, playback time, remaining time and especially ending time. This is shown by my skin when I pause playback.

That's correct, all OSD features are lost - unless they are available in the mpc-hc OSD which is limited. In truth I haven't actually used this method for a few days, since the introduction of subtitle support in DSPlayer - it now provides everything I need and to be fair is fairly stable as a player now as well. That said this is always an option if player reliability becomes a problem in the future.

- seaweed - 2010-04-05

This works great!!!

But id like OpenSubtitles_OSD plugin to work, anyone gotn this to work using mpc in xbmc?

Maybe OpenSubtitles_OSD has a shortcut button?

- johnbhoy - 2010-04-05

zilexa Wrote:If I understand correctly, using your method you will loose the benefits of XBMC during video playback. I like the info about current time, playback time, remaining time and especially ending time. This is shown by my skin when I pause playback.

what's the problem with audio in XP?

You can completely configure mpc-hc to show you what you want. if looking to see time left or codecs playing then its using shortcut keys

Crtl 4 and ctrl 5 (please note not numpad buttons but the number buttons at top of keyboard) Ctrl I , will actually show you remaining time.

Its then just a case of configuring your remote to press that key command.admittedly you may need to press the another button rather than just pausing.

On the point of remotes. I have recently set up xbmc with mpc-hc external player using coreavc or dxva.... think i am prefering dxva though. Following instructions on this website which were fairly foolproof.

h££p://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1185529

and this one for configuring mpc-hc for dvxa playback

h££p://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-using-dxva/

I use iphone for remote control and can thoroughly recommend a recent new app called remotex. It stays connected wirelessly ie does not lock screen after 5 mins (battery drain maybe but i prefer it like this. I can switch if off when not using). I have been onto their support website as i have to was having the issue of not being able to control mpc after starting a movie in xbmc. Switching control from xbmc to mpc is just a case of pressing a button. To be fair it is lacking some button fucntionality at the moment but their response on website has been very quick and positive. They are going to add the two buttons on xbmc i find invaluable . Context menu and Queue. I have also enquired about serveral personalised buttons i would like to see on mpc=hc.. mainly PnS increase height, PnS Reset... Subtiltes on/off etc.

I am genuinely not associated with this company in anyway but cerntainly do not have any qualms over passing on good customer service.

see here for my link on their website
h££p://www.peepleware.com/index.php?product=remotex

go to the FAQ and read the XBMC thread

This setup is now pretty perferct for me. XBMC, MPC-HC, RemoteX iphone app. As added bonus. This remotex can inititiate and terminate both xbmc and mpc-hc, very very handy. Picture quality is now excellent. I can play anything i throw at it.

I thought i would throw this together in a thread as it has a lot of handy info for setting something up first time. It took me a bit of researching to get it the way i wanted it.

the internet is a wonderful wonderful thing.Big Grin

Heellppp - speedklz - 2010-04-06

I really want this to work I love MPC-Ht. I copy, pasted and saved the files added them to the correct points, but it still uses the built in player. HWat gives.

- speedklz - 2010-04-06

I can right click on the movie then choose dsplayer, but it still shows dvdplayer as default, and when I just click the movie dvdplayer playes it.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

speedklz Wrote:I can right click on the movie then choose dsplayer, but it still shows dvdplayer as default, and when I just click the movie dvdplayer playes it.

This has nothing to do with dsplayer - this is for playback using mpc-hc as an external player.

- speedklz - 2010-04-06

Sorry bout that wrong forum. But I also tried putting in the lines for MPC-HC and it does the same thing always playes from dvdplayer wont pass it too MPC.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

speedklz Wrote:Sorry bout that wrong forum. But I also tried putting in the lines for MPC-HC and it does the same thing always playes from dvdplayer wont pass it too MPC.

You need to ensure that you have placed the advancedsettings xml in the correct location - see the DSPlayer thread - I've responded there.

- ten8Epee - 2010-04-25

i am having some problems. i did exactly everything the directions asked, put the .xml files in the correct directories and modified only the filename path to suit my mpc-hc64.exe location. i launch xbmc and right click a 720p mkv file and there are 2 options, both called DVDPLAYER (oddly? i think you messed up in the first xml file and forgot to rename it to MPC-HC but i kept it as you had it just in case).

BUT, when i click the first option nothing happens...when i click the second one it loads up in the normal XBMC player. what gives? same thing happens when i just click the filename as well.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-25

ten8Epee Wrote:i am having some problems. i did exactly everything the directions asked, put the .xml files in the correct directories and modified only the filename path to suit my mpc-hc64.exe location. i launch xbmc and right click a 720p mkv file and there are 2 options, both called DVDPLAYER (oddly? i think you messed up in the first xml file and forgot to rename it to MPC-HC but i kept it as you had it just in case).

BUT, when i click the first option nothing happens...when i click the second one it loads up in the normal XBMC player. what gives? same thing happens when i just click the filename as well.

No mess-up you can call it what ever you like - I think - though haven't tried. Providing you have placed the files correctly, then there is no need to right click on any files to launch the external player it will become the default and load automatically. If you do need to use the right-click method, then I don't think your file locations are correct and if you do use right click you should see the lower-case 'dvdplayer (Default)'. The only time you would need to use right click would be where you wanted to use the native DVD Player.

Please double check that your files are correctly located (obviously if they aren't then it won't work) - I am currently using this in place of the DSPlayer builds so it is working. Are you by any chance using xbmc in portable mode - if so I think the file locations will be different.

If you are certain that you have - please provide some screenshots of the locations of the 3 files - thanks.