Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Mikesch - 2010-05-19

Amra Wrote:If you haven't already, try turning off the Poster Fanart and do not turn on eaither the DVD Cases or the Clear Cases in the BIG Alaska settings. They will slow things down due to all the extra art. The cases will also wreak havoc with the Panel view due to the extra graphics and so many movies on screen at once.

Thanks for the reply, cases were off and turning off Poster Fanart didn't help either. What's odd is that when i use alaska with your poster/tagline mod it is absolutely smooth, no issues. The only difference then is your media flags and the theme (green mosaic - very cool!). Is there a way to implement those by myself into the original alaska, maybe that would make a difference? Btw., is there a recommended build of XBMC to use?

- Amra - 2010-05-19

Darkcloud28 Wrote:im lost Sad( no matter what i do , i cant import my extra icons - settings , i copy them from the old one and added them into Includes , and then add extra png into homeicons filder , but they not showing up ...
this is what im adding ...
- <item id="12">
<description>Favorites</description>
<label>Favorites</label>
<icon>homeicons/Favoritesicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>
</item>
- <item id="13">
<description>NEW</description>
<label>FRESH</label>
<icon>homeicons/FRESH.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://4/)
- <item id="15">
<description>TRAILERS</description>
<label>TRAILERS</label>
<icon>homeicons/zwiastuny.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite/)</onclick>
</item>

and i always did this and it worked before ....

if i can get help , it will be so cool.
I presume you are adding this to Home2, right? I didn't change anything with the Home2 code so I'm not sure why it would not work again with this version if it did in the past. I'll try to test your code out tonight to see hwta happens.

- Amra - 2010-05-19

Mikesch Wrote:Thanks for the reply, cases were off and turning off Poster Fanart didn't help either. What's odd is that when i use alaska with your poster/tagline mod it is absolutely smooth, no issues. The only difference then is your media flags and the theme (green mosaic - very cool!). Is there a way to implement those by myself into the original alaska, maybe that would make a difference? Btw., is there a recommended build of XBMC to use?
Ok, easy things first. Any color theme I have in BIG Alaska should work just fine in Alaska Final (NOT Revisited) just by copying the color xml & xpr files over to Alaska Final in the corresponding folders. In the case of "Green Mosaic" (my favorite also, my kids like Stencil), copy colors\Green Mosaic.xml & media\Green Mosaic.xpr

Now, as for the slowdown in the Posters view with this version, I believe it is due to all the extra code for the cases & your computer having to decide whether to show a case & if so, which one. I have uploaded a zip file that removes all that code from both the Poster views & the Panel views. I tested it on my computer & noticed a speed up so I'm wondering if you would do me a favor & test it out in BIG Alaska on your computer to see if it fixes things. If it helps speed things up for you then I will include the link in Post#1 for others to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmnmgda0m5t/BIGAlaska_NoCasesPosterPanelViews.7z

To use, just extract to your BIG Alaska\720p folder. It should overwrite 3 xml files. Thanks!

[EDIT] I forgot about your media flags request, sorry. It should be possible to copy them over to Alaska Final but I'd like to see if the above patch fixes your Poster speed issue first before I write detailed instructions. It will involve editing at least one xml file but maybe more, I'll have to look back thru the code to know for sure.

- Mikesch - 2010-05-19

You're the man! With those files, Poster View is absolutely smooth again. Thank you very much, I love the look of it!

One more thing though: I noticed that the Studio Flag shows with a question mark when the picture for the studio is not there, in the original alaska the flag would just not show at all. Is there maybe an option I have missed to make it this way again or is it something you would have to alter the code for and maybe will do in a future version?

- Amra - 2010-05-19

Mikesch Wrote:You're the man! With those files, Poster View is absolutely smooth again. Thank you very much, I love the look of it!

One more thing though: I noticed that the Studio Flag shows with a question mark when the picture for the studio is not there, in the original alaska the flag would just not show at all. Is there maybe an option I have missed to make it this way again or is it something you would have to alter the code for and maybe will do in a future version?
Glad to hear the Poster View is speedy again.

Regarding the Studio flag, that's easy to change & you should be able to do it yourself. Just edit the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file and search for the following (there will be two instances):

<texture fallback="flags/VideoCodec/default.png">studios/$INFO
[ListItem.Studio,,.png]</texture>

Change each instance to the following:

<texture fallback="empty">studios/$INFO
[ListItem.Studio,,.png]</texture>

Bear in mind, however, that with the Old Style Media Flags there will just be an empty spot there. The rest of the flags will not slide over.

Small Patch for Viewtype_Files.xml - PsyberOne - 2010-05-20

I had been experiencing a bug where TV Shows wouldn't show the episode titles in the Video Playlist, I finally got down to hunting the problem and I think I fixed it, just add these two controls to the Viewtype_Files.xml file.

Not Focused
PHP Code:
<control type="label">
<
posx>730</posx>
<
posy>0</posy>
<
width>700</width>
<
height>46</height>
<
align>right</align>
<
aligny>center</aligny>
<
font>Font_ListTitleNF</font>
<
textcolor>Text</textcolor>
<
selectedcolor>ListSelectedNF</selectedcolor>
<
label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]</label>
<
scroll>false</scroll>
<
visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Label) | ![Window.IsVisible(1) | Window.IsVisible(502) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]</visible>
</
control
Focused
PHP Code:
<control type="fadelabel">
<
posx>30</posx>
<
posy>14</posy>
<
width>700</width>
<
height>50</height>
<
align>right</align>
<
aligny>center</aligny>
<
scrollout>false</scrollout>
<
pauseatend>1800</pauseatend>
<
scrollspeed>40</scrollspeed>
<
scroll>true</scroll>
<
font>Font_ListTitleBigger</font>
<
textcolor>ListTitleFO</textcolor>
<
selectedcolor>ListSelectedFO</selectedcolor>
<
label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]</label>
<
visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Label) | ![Window.IsVisible(1) | Window.IsVisible(502) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]</visible>
</
control
Hopefully that didn't break any other views, tested it on several and it looks good. Also I'm pretty sure this was a bug inherited from Alaska proper.

- jarod71 - 2010-05-20

hope someone will post a xbox optimized version...

- Darkcloud28 - 2010-05-23

Amra Wrote:I presume you are adding this to Home2, right? I didn't change anything with the Home2 code so I'm not sure why it would not work again with this version if it did in the past. I'll try to test your code out tonight to see hwta happens.

hello, Yes im in home 2 , Sad(( dont know what im doing bad , if You have time i will be so happy to find why , but no rush , im still useing Your last version and im still so happy Smile)
the only think i will love to have is blu-ray cases and dvd cases , if You can just point me where to look for the script for them i will move them to the old BIG one Smile))

anyway , thank You so much one more time for respond .

- voidy - 2010-05-30

hey

first of all im loving this mod been using alaska since it came out but this mod is AMAZING awesome job making it thanks for that.

now i have 2 question cannot imagine it being so hard for this type - is it possible for the Media Info viewtype to display tvshow logo's ? or did i miss that in the options somewhere?

and the imdb flag for media info view aswell Tongue

thanks in advance
Voidy

- Livin - 2010-06-02

Amra,
Can you post a release made for the addons folder, e.g. newer builds?

- Amra - 2010-06-02

voidy Wrote:hey

first of all im loving this mod been using alaska since it came out but this mod is AMAZING awesome job making it thanks for that.

now i have 2 question cannot imagine it being so hard for this type - is it possible for the Media Info viewtype to display tvshow logo's ? or did i miss that in the options somewhere?

and the imdb flag for media info view aswell Tongue

thanks in advance
Voidy
The 2 Media Info views were added last minute & I didn't add logo support mainly because I didn't think there was enough room for the logo AND a decent amount of plot text. It probably can be done but you would lose about 2 lines of current plot text. I can certainly take a look at it for the next version. The same goes for the IMDB flag on the Media Info view, if there's room I'll try to add it (since it's optional anyway).

Livin Wrote:Amra,
Can you post a release made for the addons folder, e.g. newer builds?
I haven't done too much with that yet since the XBMC developers are still working on it and I would really prefer to wait until they release XBMC 10.5 so that I don't do a bunch of work and then have something be changed in XBMC and then have to redo everything again. Confused

However, BIG Alaska should work with the current SVN if you copy it into the "Addons" folder and rename the "BIG Alaska" folder to "skin.big.alaska". You may also need to modify my description.xml file to include any additions/changes that are in the Confluence description.xml file of the SVN. You'll need to use the Confluence skin to enable/disable addons, however, and then switch back to BIG Alaska when you've got your addons setup.

- pang - 2010-06-02

Amra, i noticed that in music view, since i have just songs and not albums the listing is as follows;

2 aha - cry wolf

can you make it that the number before the artist does not appear.

also can you add better views for songs, using the cd art, album art and fanart

thanks

- -SPK- - 2010-06-02

Amra Wrote:New version is up. Info & link can be found in post#1, otherwise here is the direct link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/idwl5tjzm25/BIG_Alaska_20100517.7z

A lot of additions have been made, check the change log in post#1 for the details. Note that this version does NOT have Addon support yet, I am waiting for the XBMC 10.5 release before doing anything with that.

Enjoy & let me know If I screwed anything up. Confused

Hi, first amazing skin mod, but I have a problem whit the mediafire link, in 99% the download stop and the file is not complete (file is broken, I try download several times in diferents hours). test in IE8 and latest firefox and the error appears (win 7 x64), I can't download the file via mediafire (this is a only error I have in mediafire, others files download good as well), please please another mirror (anyone).

sorry my poor english.

THX in advance

- Livin - 2010-06-05

-SPK- Wrote:Hi, first amazing skin mod, but I have a problem whit the mediafire link, in 99% the download stop and the file is not complete (file is broken, I try download several times in diferents hours). test in IE8 and latest firefox and the error appears (win 7 x64), I can't download the file via mediafire (this is a only error I have in mediafire, others files download good as well), please please another mirror (anyone).

sorry my poor english.

THX in advance

works fine for me with Win7 x64 & FF 3.6.3

- ould - 2010-06-06

Still using this skin on my main setup. Any chance on incorporating Hitcher's horizontal menu when it is ready. See below:

Hitcher Wrote:I'm actually working on a horizontal/vertical list with or without backdrops for Revisited at the moment based on djh's original mockup.

Here's the horizontal one in action.