Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Amra - 2010-06-07

ould Wrote:Still using this skin on my main setup. Any chance on incorporating Hitcher's horizontal menu when it is ready. See below:
I don't want to make any promises but I do plan on looking at it as well as the other text menu that adheres to the left side of the screen, similar to what Mcborzu has in his Night skin.

- odt_x - 2010-06-08

I registered here just to say THANK YOU for making this great mod! I'm not sure if it's just me, but the value that a great visibility skin bring to the experience of using XBMC is really understated.

And I use a "normal" 32" LCD from 8 feet away Wink

- Livin - 2010-06-11

Amra,
Can you add 'Add to Queue' on the info menu when in Music library? I'd like to add entire folders (genres, etc)

love the skin!

- Amra - 2010-06-13

Livin Wrote:Amra,
Can you add 'Add to Queue' on the info menu when in Music library? I'd like to add entire folders (genres, etc)

love the skin!
Thanks & to be honest, I've never used the Music function of XBMC so I would have to take a look at it & play around a little first. No promises but I'll try to play around with it sometime soon.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-13

Livin Wrote:Amra,

love the skin!

Isn't it accessed via the context menu?

- Amra - 2010-06-13

Hitcher Wrote:Isn't it accessed via the context menu?
Thanks Hitcher, I knew about that for videos but it didn't dawn on me that it would be the same for Music. Doh! As you can tell, I haven't yet learned to utilize XBMC to the full extent of its capabilities. Oo

- Livin - 2010-06-13

Amra Wrote:Thanks Hitcher, I knew about that for videos but it didn't dawn on me that it would be the same for Music. Doh! As you can tell, I haven't yet learned to utilize XBMC to the full extent of its capabilities. Oo

Yes I should have been clear... it is not in the Context Menu for music, only videos - on this skin.

Amra,
I love this skin best of all for its classy & simple to use UI.

I ask 1 favor... please don't forget the things that make the skin user friendly for those of us that do more than play a video. Such as...

For large movie & music libraries
- 0-Z jump list, maybe a slide-out method would be nice

and some very useful stuff people on XBMC don't ever do, but most on other media apps already have...

Enhanced Now Playing screen

Enhanced Play list screen

- drtechnolust - 2010-06-22

Amra Wrote:The 2 Media Info views were added last minute & I didn't add logo support mainly because I didn't think there was enough room for the logo AND a decent amount of plot text. It probably can be done but you would lose about 2 lines of current plot text. I can certainly take a look at it for the next version. The same goes for the IMDB flag on the Media Info view, if there's room I'll try to add it (since it's optional anyway).

I haven't done too much with that yet since the XBMC developers are still working on it and I would really prefer to wait until they release XBMC 10.5 so that I don't do a bunch of work and then have something be changed in XBMC and then have to redo everything again. Confused

However, BIG Alaska should work with the current SVN if you copy it into the "Addons" folder and rename the "BIG Alaska" folder to "skin.big.alaska". You may also need to modify my description.xml file to include any additions/changes that are in the Confluence description.xml file of the SVN. You'll need to use the Confluence skin to enable/disable addons, however, and then switch back to BIG Alaska when you've got your addons setup.

Sorry but I followed these instructions and for some reason Big Alaska still does not show up in addons via Confluence nor skins. Would you be able to put more detailed instructions on how to get this skin to show up. Because I'm losing my mind trying to figure it out with the directory structure and xml files. THanks

drtechnolust Wrote:Sorry but I followed these instructions and for some reason Big Alaska still does not show up in addons via Confluence nor skins. Would you be able to put more detailed instructions on how to get this skin to show up. Because I'm losing my mind trying to figure it out with the directory structure and xml files. THanks

Thats ok I found the solution using this write up
Quote:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.aeon65"
  version="1.0"
  name="Aeon65"
  provider-name="Phil65">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="1.0"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <minversion>28000</minversion>
    <summary>Aeon65 based on AEON by djh</summary>
    <summary lang="en">Aeon65</summary>
    <description>An HD interface for XBMC</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

I had xbmc-r28177-trunk & Aeon65 running under win7 and did the following:

1. installed xbmc-r31198-trunk.exe
2. created addons folder under users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
3. copied the Aeon skin folder from Program Files\XBMC\skin to the newly created addons folder
4. renamed the skin folder in addons to skin.aeon65
5. created addon.xml in the skin.aeon65 folder with the configuration provided by mindweaver

http://forum.xbmc.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=555930

With the new XBMC update now I receive this error any idea how to repair this script error - script failed 'recently addeded.py'

- romurta - 2010-06-23

drtechnolust Wrote:With the new XBMC update now I receive this error any idea how to repair this script error - script failed 'recently addeded.py'

Seeing the Same error here:
script failed 'recently addeded.py

No

Another thing is that seems That the rssfeed reader that is displayed in home window is not working as well

Any tip on how to fix any of both problems?

- ralob - 2010-06-28

Seriously great skin for people, like me, who have bad eyes and smaller tv's. Thanks for all your time and effort.

SVN version (for Dharma) now available - Amra - 2010-07-10

For anyone using the lastest SVN versions of XBMC, I have uploaded a new version of BIG Alaska with Addons support. I didn't do a lot to the skin other than to get it working with the latest XBMC SVN.

[EDIT] Download link temporarily removed in anticipation of a new version including Hitcher's official updates to the Original Alaska

I've tested it on both Windows XP and XBMC Live (both running svn 31657). In reference to a few posts above this, both the recentlyadded script & the RSS feeds are working fine, with the exception of an error regarding the Last Movie Played info (Home Statistics Mod) displaying incorrectly on the latest SVN.

Here is a list of the changes for this (mostly maintenance) release. I have more things I'd like to tweak in the future but for now, I wanted to get this out to the public. I've been keeping it to myself (and testing it) for about the last week or so.

Enjoy.

Code:
2010.07.09 (XBMC v10.08 Dharma)

- Added XBMC Add-ons support (Thanks/Credit to Hitcher for use of Revisited code)
- Added (updated) Rialto theme by Juanflaco
- Added missing video codec flag
- Fixed capitalization error with VideoAspect and VideoResolution flags in XBMC Live
- Fixed weather xml error regarding repeating condition/forecast
- Removed Last Played Movie info from Home Statistics mod for now (incorrect info is displayed with latest XBMC version)
- Updated some code in Home1 regarding Addons

- Feanorean - 2010-07-10

Brilliant, thank you!

- ralob - 2010-07-10

Wonderful! Thank you very much for the update. This is my primary skin. Smile