Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- ralob - 2010-07-22

gekados Wrote:I'm experiencing a bit of lag in the movies poster view when flipping through different movies, anyone else got that ? It's not in tv-series or music, only in movies and in poster views..

Check page 1. There is a disclaimer about certain views being sluggish and a patch on fixing it. Give it a try, it helped me.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-23

I keep finding myself popping back to this thread just LOVE what you have done with an allready great skin I use two revos and a dell optiplex as my Main
This does look great on my main but is sluggish on the revos only reason I dont have this as a main skin is
I am Hooked on the new logo fanart view in Night any plans to incorparate a similar view here ?
thanks again for all the great work you have done Big thumbs up.
PS I prefere Dr Stranger cases maybe its because I used them on showmix. but I would say stick to what YOU like it is afterall YOUR work :-)

- Amra - 2010-07-26

gekados Wrote:Any chance you'll be hosting on github in the future, lot easler to update Tongue

Thanks for all the hard work you put in (and to Hitcher too of course!)
You're welcome & I'm going to embarrass myself here and say that I have actually looked at github and came away very confused & overwhelmed. EekHuh I agree that it would be a lot easier for the end user but at the time it just looked like way more work than I wanted to do, sorry. One of these days, though, I will have to try again.

Ram2000 Wrote:I keep finding myself popping back to this thread just LOVE what you have done with an allready great skin I use two revos and a dell optiplex as my Main
This does look great on my main but is sluggish on the revos only reason I dont have this as a main skin is
I am Hooked on the new logo fanart view in Night any plans to incorparate a similar view here ?
thanks again for all the great work you have done Big thumbs up.
PS I prefere Dr Stranger cases maybe its because I used them on showmix. but I would say stick to what YOU like it is afterall YOUR work :-)
Thank you for the kind words. I'm pretty happy with all the views already in BIG Alaska so I don't really plan on adding any new ones at this time, sorry. And just to give credit where it is due, although I think I did previously, the DVD cases I added were based on some by Dr Stranger. I agree that he makes some nice cases. Big Grin

- Amra - 2010-07-26

In case anyone is interested, here is what I'm working on with BIG Alaska.

- Redo the Video Info screen to include buttons for play, refresh, trailer, etc like Confluence and some other skins do.
- redesign the weather screen slightly with some bigger fonts, etc
- squashing a few more bugs that I've found (DONE)
- Change Home Statistics option to display the same info for all 3 home menus (DONE)
- Redesigne Home3 Menu. It is now left aligned and includes random video fanart as well as a "clear" option with no overlay (DONE)

Here are a couple screenshots of the redesigned Home3 Menu using the Green Mosaic & Default themes. As you can see, each line item can be hidden if desired. This is now my favorite menu due to the larger fanart.

- ECEC - 2010-07-27

That looks sweet as all hell. Smile

- Amra - 2010-07-27

ECEC Wrote:That looks sweet as all hell. Smile
Thanks. It was inspired by what mcborzu & Jeroen have done with their skins, Night & reFocus. I liked the simplicity of the menu when setting it up for both my wife & my kids. The kids liked the larger fanart & the WAF rating seems to be holding also. Laugh

- Livin - 2010-07-28

Amra,
I love your skin. It is as close to perfect as I've seen/tried. The fonts are large enough to see from 10+ feet away, you have good use of screen real estate (not too much, not to little), etc.

I like the idea of having a simple home screen with large fonts but not fond of the left aligned menu... can you add an option to have a horizontal menu similar to the attached images below? I think these are simple, elegant, would compliment Alaska well, and very easy to use for kids, guests, etc...

- Amra - 2010-07-28

Livin Wrote:Amra,
I love your skin. It is as close to perfect as I've seen/tried. The fonts are large enough to see from 10+ feet away, you have good use of screen real estate (not too much, not to little), etc.

I like the idea of having a simple home screen with large fonts but not fond of the left aligned menu... can you add an option to have a horizontal menu similar to the attached images below? I think these are simple, elegant, would compliment Alaska well, and very easy to use for kids, guests, etc...
Thanks but I am curious if you have tried the Home2 option. What don't you like about that menu? What would you like to see different? Are you looking for an Aeon menu? Just curious...

- ECEC - 2010-07-28

Amra Wrote:Thanks. It was inspired by what mcborzu & Jeroen have done with their skins, Night & reFocus. I liked the simplicity of the menu when setting it up for both my wife & my kids. The kids liked the larger fanart & the WAF rating seems to be holding also. Laugh

That's awesome, because I find myself hopping back and forth from reFocus to Big Alaska a lot. The WAF on both is pretty high. The one thing I didn't really dig with Big Alaska was the lack of full-screen fanart, so you're update is gonna be perfect for me. Smile

- Amra - 2010-08-01

Okay, Ask and Ye Shall Receive... Wink

Livin asked for this and I've been curious as to how to do it, so I've spent some time off & on over the last week adding a 4th home style (last one, no more) with submenus. It's not as fancy as the examples given but I think it fits within the Alaska skin style quite well.

I still have some tweaking and checking to do yet, as well as other stuff, so don't look for an updated download for a while yet. I just thought I would post a few screenshots as I go along. The ones below are using the Green Mosaic theme.

- Livin - 2010-08-01

very nice... I like that a lot more than the vertical style. thanks for doing this!

What XML is that? I'd like to play with the text size (want to make the in focus word larger) and location on the screen (want to move it down a bit)

- Amra - 2010-08-01

Livin Wrote:very nice... I like that a lot more than the vertical style. thanks for doing this!

What XML is that? I'd like to play with the text size (want to make the in focus word larger) and location on the screen (want to move it down a bit)
Well, I haven't uploaded it yet but when I do, you'll want to play around with the "Includes_Home_4.xml" file. Be aware though that if you move the menu down it will interfere with the Home Statistics option if you use that. If not, then no big deal.

- slashr - 2010-08-01

Thanks so much Amra (and hitcher) for this awesome package , i have a plasma screen but am actually using this mod now due to all the mods it comes with , just had to change the resolution to 1920x1080 and truly loving this .

Cheers and i hope you remain motivated in this project

edit :

also awesome looking preview of new home style Smile , for now i'm using stencil and home 1 as i love it .

- Amra - 2010-08-02

slashr Wrote:Thanks so much Amra (and hitcher) for this awesome package , i have a plasma screen but am actually using this mod now due to all the mods it comes with , just had to change the resolution to 1920x1080 and truly loving this .

Cheers and i hope you remain motivated in this project

edit :

also awesome looking preview of new home style Smile , for now i'm using stencil and home 1 as i love it .
You're welcome & thanks for the kind words. I use this on my own HTPC so I hope to continue updating it as necessary.

I personally use the Green Mosaic theme for myself and then four of the other themes for each member of my family's profiles. That way I can tell at a glance which family member is logged in.

The 2 new home styles really look nice & I'm having a tough time deciding which one to use but I do tend to favor the new vertical one (home3) and will probably stick with that once I add some submenus, working on that today. Big Grin

- pouldam - 2010-08-02

Thanks for you work!

I have a lot of nice fanart for my music collection, which can be quite difficult to really enjoy because it is very muted/faded. Can someone give me a clue where and what to alter to make the fanart less muted?