[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Alaska (/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+---- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)
- gekados - 2010-08-13 09:06
Rename poster.jgp to folder.jgp, that should fix it. You'll have to rescan everything though, If you don't select the thumbs manually.
coregis Wrote:My TV posters are showing up as vertically stretched banners. Movie posters are just fine.
- Amra - 2010-08-15 05:29
nerve Wrote:Some items in bigAlaska specific configuration aren't translated;No, sorry but those items haven't been localized and will have to wait for a future update.
- Amra - 2010-08-15 05:32
NEW VERSION POSTED
See post#1 for the download link. Here are the changelog details if anyone is interested. This will probably be the last version for a while, barring any bug fixes of course.
- Added more icons to Home2 that can be enabled/disabled via the Home options
- Redesigned Home3. It now has a left aligned vertical menu and includes random video fanart
- Added a 4th Home Style that is horizontal with submenus
- Added a "Clear Overlay" option for Home3 & Home4 (just for fun)
- Changed Home Statistics option to be the same for all Home menus (unless Home4 Clear Overlay is enabled)
- Changed Weather screen slightly for better visibility of Current conditions
- Redesigned the Video Info screen to include options menu and eliminate a lot of the lines.
- Added a "Simple Video Info" option
- Fixed formatting error in FileBrowser.xml
- Fixed more Linux capitalization errors re: scroll bars
- Fixed error with 576 resolution flag when using media flag panels
- Added more studio logos
- Added French translation (Thanks/Credit to nerve)
- Added Danish translation (Thanks/Credit to StefanM)
- Added optional plot text to Landscape TV Episode view
- Changed some OSD colors in Stencil theme for better visibility
- Increased font size for OSD seekbar times and added some contrasting colors for bottom of screen info
- Increased the size of Video OSD menu buttons slightly
- Updated DialogKaiToast.xml with some code from Revisited in effort to eliminate overlapping alert notices (Thanks/Credit to Hitcher)
- Fixed a few Dreamworks studio logos
Latest version for Camelot? - graunykho - 2010-08-15 11:51
First of all, thanks for your wonderful job with BIG Alaska. I cannot user another skin now that I have this one.
I am currently running XBMC 9.11. I've seen that you have posted a new version of the skin, but only for Dharma.
Are you planning to backport this latest release to Camelot? I can't wait for the latest changes you have implemented, and I don't really want to come back to git and compilations to see it live.
- ZIOLele - 2010-08-15 13:55
Amra, could you give me some pointers to make submenus in home style 4 always visible? (so i don't have to click on down to see the submenu)
I've already modified the includes to always show the background image for the sub menus but it seems to me i have to modify the layout of the wraplist for the main menu. Am I correct?
- gekados - 2010-08-15 15:48
regarding home style 4.
Is it possible to have seperate background images depending on section, if thshows is focused then 1 image, if movies are focused, then another etc ?
Can't seem to find out how, i can add a dir, but that will affect all sections ?
Otherwise, homestyle 4 is really nice !
- Amra - 2010-08-15 19:57
ZIOLele Wrote:Amra, could you give me some pointers to make submenus in home style 4 always visible? (so i don't have to click on down to see the submenu)Edit your Includes_Home_4.xml file (back it up first, just in case) and search for "<!-- Submenus -->" to take you to the relevant code. Next (It sounds like you've already done this, but in case anyone else wants to), go about 10 or 11 lines down and find:
Stop when you reach the "<!-- Clear Overlay Home Stats - Videos -->" section.
Let me know if that works.
[EDIT] It didn't.
- Amra - 2010-08-15 20:03
I'll have to see how easy that would be since some of the new changes include code for Addons, etc. I'll get back to you...
Thanks & I originally tried to do it that way (like Aeon) but was doing something wrong with the code to where there would not be a smooth transition of the fanart between menu items so I ended up going the easier route like I've done which I tend to personally like anyway.
Just for you, though, I can take another look at and if successful, post the changed files here.
- ZIOLele - 2010-08-15 20:52
Amra Wrote:Edit your Includes_Home_4.xml file (back it up first, just in case) and search for "<!-- Submenus -->" to take you to the relevant code. Next (It sounds like you've already done this, but in case anyone else wants to), go about 10 or 11 lines down and find:
Nope, it doesn't work... if i do that when i press down i see all submenus at once, all on top of each others.
The fact that i don't understand is why i have to press down to show the submenus, since the visible condition is
- Amra - 2010-08-15 21:06
ZIOLele Wrote:Nope, it doesn't work... if i do that when i press down i see all submenus at once, all on top of each others.Whoops, I didn't think about that happening.
Quote:The fact that i don't understand is why i have to press down to show the submenus, since the visible condition isI hate to say it but I'm not sure if I know how to do what you are asking. I just figured out how to do the submenus the way I did (still learning so I'm happy I got that far). Perhaps someone else who may be reading this can chime in with a solution.